Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dana Hull ‍ on Twitter
> What’s the carbon impact of everyone flying to LA for the “Cybertruck” reveal

It made me think she does not appreciate the numbers of what the CyberTruck will save in CO2 emissions.

Someone check my rough maths...

F150 does 450g/mile CO2.
Over lifetime of 150000 miles that’s 67.5 tons of CO2 per F150
If CyberTruck manages 1million miles in lifetime it will displace the CO2 from 6.7 standard pickup truck saving 450tons CO2 each over its lifetime.
Let's say Tesla will make 1million pickups a year so every year the CyberTruck will be essentially removing 450 million tons of CO2 which would have otherwise gone into the atmosphere.
Probably need to minus about 10-30?% for CO2 emissions during production and charging of the CyberTruck though, so only about 360 tons saved, and each CyberTruck would have approximately 90? tons CO2 over its lifetime depending on how energy in produced.

Luckily we have Dana Hull to point out how much CO2 the unveil will produce...

(Perhaps there will be a large scale shift to completely renewable energy soon though, which will drop the CO2 emissions per CyberTruck much much lower, and hopefully Tesla does something to completely offset all production CO2 for their vehicles in the not too distant future.)

The planes everyone is flying in on were going anyway.
The incremental increase in fuel burn for a plane that is 97% full instead of 95% is negligible.

Here's some OT entertainment. Open in incognito tab(chrome) or private window(ff).

TeslaCharts on Twitter

Shortie fights...
1: I couldn't be bearisher...
2: block him

Screenshot_20191115-161613_Chrome.jpg

Although, that BEARDIE does look like a troll. They are still trying to figure out which one should be blocked.

Last edited:
Dana Hull ‍ on Twitter
> What’s the carbon impact of everyone flying to LA for the “Cybertruck” reveal

It made me think she does not appreciate the numbers of what the CyberTruck will save in CO2 emissions.

Someone check my rough maths...

F150 does 450g/mile CO2.
Over lifetime of 150000 miles that’s 67.5 tons of CO2 per F150
If CyberTruck manages 1million miles in lifetime it will displace the CO2 from 6.7 standard pickup truck saving 450tons CO2 each over its lifetime.
Let's say Tesla will make 1million pickups a year so every year the CyberTruck will be essentially removing 450 million tons of CO2 which would have otherwise gone into the atmosphere.
Probably need to minus about 10-30?% for CO2 emissions during production and charging of the CyberTruck though, so only about 360 tons saved, and each CyberTruck would have approximately 90? tons CO2 over its lifetime depending on how energy in produced.

Luckily we have Dana Hull to point out how much CO2 the unveil will produce...

(Perhaps there will be a large scale shift to completely renewable energy soon though, which will drop the CO2 emissions per CyberTruck much much lower, and hopefully Tesla does something to completely offset all production CO2 for their vehicles in the not too distant future.)

And how much methane gas is created by the human feces on tge street of san francisco.

Here's some OT entertainment. Open in incognito tab(chrome) or private window(ff).

TeslaCharts on Twitter

Shortie fights...

View attachment 477412

Although, that BEARDIE does look like a troll. They are still trying to figure out which one should be blocked.
Geez, do you really follow this stuff? I’d have to take a shower every 10 minutes.

TeslaCharts on Twitter
Shortie fights...

They also posted this today... They estimate 3.5-3.8k cars waiting at port while a ship full of teslas is leaving port?

Seems pretty bullish to me.

upload_2019-11-15_16-0-33.png

Last edited:
SK Innovation is building a 10 GWh battery cell plant in Georgia.

And LG Chem is planning on having 110 GWh global capacity by Q4 2020.

Samsung will deliver 5 GWh this year to automakers. And are opening a new plant in Hungary. They didn't put a GWh on that factory but say they expect to delivery 50k battery packs per year.

Not all new BEVs will be successful. The sales successes shouldn't be too cell starved.

My guess is no car for the American market will plan on importing cells from China until the trade war is resolved.

yeh, but where is Ford gettin em from, and @ what $ pr KWH.

This is virtually all that matters for significant (beyond compliance) numbers. Additionally, is Ford producing the drivetrain (battery + motor) or are they pullin a GM and farming out the whole thing.

I hope that they are super successful to the extent that they can see the economic benefit of EV’s. Thereno way to meet Tesla’s corporate mission without buy in from outside producers. There is a ton of room in the market for multiple participants to flourish.

Here’s to Fords success for a MASS PRODUCED EV. Nothing short of this is of ANY consequence to hyper growth of Tesla’s vehicle business and it’ll take at least 2 or 3 Ford size competitors to “threaten” Tesla’s market share.

Fire Away!

The Mach E is a crossover hatchback thingy.

Ford sells plenty of those. And a fair number of Mustangs. As far as two door sports coupes/ sports cars goes.

Ford abandoned sedans. Mach E is not a sedan.

Ford has also sold about 140k PEVs in the US. More PHEV Energis than Focus BEVs but still has a pool of PEV buyers.

Buying a Ford with Federal Tax credit vs GM PEV without Tax credit seems like a no brainer.

And there are plenty of folks without a Tesla service center within 25 miles. Pretty much every American lives within 25 miles of a Ford dealer.

Not necessarily one that is “EV” certified. There are 3 Ford dealerships in our neighborhood, there is only 1 that is “EV certified”. ( They sell FOCUS EV)

Fire Away!

Too simple. Tesla also reduced the prices. If the CR rating had been better perhaps Tesla wouldn't have lowered prices as much?

As far as the Audi ETron goes I expect Audi has mastered building and painting cars in mass volume. I would expect Audi to have better build quality in that respect. Electric drive train Tesla should have the upper hand.

The good news is Tesla has improved its vehicles and CR has improved their rating, this should allow Tesla to increase prices and SP to increase.

Reviews only influence sales but not pricing. People outside the US don't even read CR. Tesla's strategy seems to be continue to lower price as supply becomes better. It after all is Tesla's mass market car.

CR can continue to not recommending Tesla and Tesla will continue to sell cars. To a point CR must realize we are not that influential at least in this case. People will find that out too if we don't stop doing this. How do you think headlines like "The best selling car for the last three years was the car Consumer Reports does not recommend" looks to them?

They also posted this today... They estimate 3.5-3.8k cars waiting at port while a ship full of teslas is leaving port?

Seems pretty bullish to me.

View attachment 477427
I wandered through the Tesla queue twitterverse for the first time today. Yikes... It seems like they waste a lot of energy doing amateurish sleuthing - hoping to be the one who finds the proof of the “Tesla charade.” Some people just love to hate.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Doesn't even have to be a 'lie.' 'We have no plans to' is standard run-of-the-mill corporate speak for 'until we do.' It's a meaningless statement.

That said, I'd be incredibly surprised if we see anything concrete happening between VW and Tesla anytime soon.

When we see. “XXXX company has announced that they have joined the Tesla SC network” then and only then will we have witnessed cooperation/capitulation.

Fire Away!

Geez, do you really follow this stuff? I’d have to take a shower every 10 minutes.
A long time ago I worked in a psych hospital. The most floridly psychotic schizophrenics frequently knew they were having delusions that they couldn't control. These TSLAQ don't have any clue they are delusional.

We might wonder who bought them, when, at what price, and what were they thinking at the time of purchase? :rolleyes:

Did some investigation

40k contracts of the of the Nov 15 $50 put option occurred on the 18th October for about $0.03. The order hit the bid, so most likely a sell put order. Meaning one of our bullish brother made $120 000 simply from selling this option for a month.

The put options for $50 and $100 strike for Jan 2020 is actually accumulated starting from about April 14, 2018. It is likely a strategy of a fund who are selling the put spread as a way to make stable money as it is not really something you'd do if you are a TSLAQ because it caps your profit and at the same time you run a big risk of not making anything if the stock price is anywhere above $100. Without spending 2~3 days investigating each large contract trades, there's no way to be sure. Whether it is some idiot TSLAQ who doesn't know how option works and just want the cheapest way to bet on bankruptcy or if it some smart fund getting some free money from their excessive cash. Most of the $100 strike were traded at $7 and most of the $50 strike weretraded at $3. Net profit/Loss is about 20 mil.

If this is what I think it is. Some bullish trader made a lot of money while the market maker suffered the loss. Hopefully they are well hedged.

40k contracts of the of the Nov 15 $50 put option occurred on the 18th October for about $0.03. The order hit the bid, so most likely a sell put order. Meaning one of our bullish brother made $120 000 simply from selling this option for a month.

So if the stock went down to $50, they would have to pony up $20million.

and say a 25% margin to sell the 40K $50 puts, they would have needed $5million in their account.