Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I am glad I sold out all my short term shares at $359 today. There will be a drop following this event for me to go back in with my short term funds. Happens all the time with Tesla events/unveils in the past couple years. Too much hype builds IMO leading up to every Tesla event/unveil.

Not going to lie, the Rivian looks a little more palatable.

Attachments

• 1679126660~2.png
    1679126660~2.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 54
As someone who lives in Texas, the truck capital of the US (flame on), and an avid off roader... I don’t see the styling making a lot of fans out of the good ole boys I come across at the construction sites. The specs are great, but they are not making Ford, Chevy, or even Rivian and Bollinger nervous. Maybe if they just said to hell with efficiency and had taller stance, brush guards, and beefier tires (painted black or desert tan) it might look more appealing, like the Warthog in Halo.

In any case, I am so buying the dip tomorrow and like someone already pointed out... good thing we have the Model Y.

6 months ago the consensus was that Pickup would be a Model S/X equivalent $90k+ car.
Elon adjusted expectations that he was aiming for below $50k but few people believed him.
Tesla just announced it will start at $40k, with better specs than Model Y for lower base price.

How is some people's main takeaway here that they broke some glass?

The unusual looks are because of first principles engineering led decisions to dramatically reduce production cost while increasing functionality. Even ignoring these constraints, I think Franz did a great job, it looks amazing and it will grow on people!

Last edited:
6 months ago the consensus was that Pickup would be a Model S/X equivalent $90k+ car.
Elon adjusted expectations that he was aiming for below $50k but few people believed him.
Tesla just announced it will start at $40k, with better specs than Model Y for lower base price.

How is some people's main takeaway here that they broke some glass?

...and beat a Porsche 911. Beat a Ford F-150 in a tug of war.

My friend tried to order, the order page came back “failed, too many requests.”

OK, I thought it would look better than this but I'm more into function and value so I ordered one. Not the top-spec tri-motor, the dual-motor for $20,000 less. I do like the lack of paint and the unibody construction and the price is unreal (meaning far better than expected). But it looks like it's over two years out.:(

Still no videos of test drives or people walking around the truck?

Could be an interesting trading day tomorrow if Tesla comes out with initial order numbers. What do you guys think should be a high enough number to to reverse the FUD that's gonna hit in the morning?

I'm sure the stock price will be all over the place. That design is super bold but so are those specs and prices. My main disappoint is the production timeline for the 500 mile range version. But those prices.......

they can’t do a conventional design when they are unable to mass produce the demand for a conventional design

this was their chance to push envelope and see what sticks. this isn’t mass market, this is niche product that might surpass niche roadster, into X - like demand. not a loser. not a platinum record either. but not intended to be one.

If the specs pan out, they will sell a ton of these. Not many will buy it for the looks but it does seem like they are serious about making a tough and practical truck.