Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in.....sane :)
Screenshot_20191122-021851_Chrome.jpg

View attachment 480013

This truck is from the military lineup of the future. Love it, just love it; and I’m not a truck guy (far from it) but I want one badly now. Especially when taking road trips, having that 9mm bullet proof exoskeleton gives me a peace of mind. While Tesla didn’t hit it out of the park by confirming to everyone else’s taste of a traditional truck should be like, they won’t have to compete with other truck companies for the same traditional buyers. This truck just looks bad@55, if you fell in love with it like it did, you won’t even think about touching another traditional truck.

Really compare the two trucks in the image and tell me which is better. One looks like a Lamborghini for $40k and the other looks like a classic car from looney toons.

The truck highlights one short coming of Tesla. They pretty much are a 1 size fits all line of vehicles. The S and X are high end luxury vehicles which aren't an option for most. Then the 3 and Y will be the mainstay of their product line. Want something a bit smaller and cheaper, sorry. Want something with more room but not megabucks, sorry. The truck is the same way. Other companies have a line up of trucks. Tesla has a truck. You want a long bed, sorry. You want 2 doors and a low price, sorry. You want something in the middle with jump seats, sorry.

BTW, most people will not like the extreme look of this truck... but Tesla doesn't sell to most people. That's who the other car companies sell to, most people.

Futuristic, blade runner, cyberpunk doesn't have to mean butt ugly. You tell me when Elon said it would be butt ugly and be the laughing stock of the internet the day after the reveal.

All of us on here are die-hard fans. We are also investors. We are naturally going to try VERY hard to like this truck and/or see it in the best light. But, among the rest of the world, I have not seen even ONE person that liked this truck. Heck, I haven't found many people not making fun of it. Let's hope Tesla can sell 50k per year to us investors/mega-fans.
I bet with you that this thing will sell well in excess of 100k running rate. Name charity & time :cool:

Well, I'll start listening to ANYTHING you say when the SP reaches an ATH before the Model Y production date. You're very confident that you know everything today that you will ever know - and it's all 100% right (and everyone who disagrees is a moron). So, we're going to see how smart you REALLY are. I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm humble enough to know that I don't know everything, nor have a crystal ball. So, I could easily be wrong, and you, right. Time will tell.

I don't know everything and I've repeatedly admitted that.

So I have no idea where you're coming from.

I *have* found it very easy to make a lot of money in the stock market over the last 30 years so I have that going for me! People take this stuff so seriously - I just laugh, live and love!

Never invest money you can't afford to lose and there is no fear. The profits are easy after that. Nope, not always right - no one is. But all it takes is to be right significantly more than wrong.

Watched the reveal. I had lots of thoughts and was very amused at the shattered glass. Unscripted plus hilarious.
Decided to sleep on placing an order right away; plus, web page not responding.
Woke up, showed the truck to spouse.

Spouse: "Oh god, that's weird. How will they get F-150 people to buy that?"
Me: "It's stainless steel on the outside, no paint"
Spouse: "Oh, I really need that. You've seen the dings, scrapes"
Me: (said nothing)
Spouse: "How many seats?"
Me: "6, plus it goes up to 500 mi; starting price for lower range is $40k"
Spouse: "Wow. Order one!"

People are calling the design polarizing but I'm more in love than ever.

Order placed. Added 100 shares at $331.

Last edited:
One thing I have to admit - think about the Model 3 reveal. What was everyone saying the next day? They were making fun of the minimalists interior and saying it looked like the screen was just stuck on as an afterthought. It was pretty brutal the day after the reveal.

Fast forward almost 4 years, and Ford reveals a car with a nearly copy-cat interior of the Model 3. So, who know what 2 or 3 years will bring.

That's why I got 2 reservations. I hate that truck with a passion right now - but I'm smart enough to know I might love it in a year or two. you never know -especially if they tweak it a little.

Totally agree! Elon is brilliant.

And anyone who thinks the side windows were not supposed to break is not too smart in my opinion. This was a *planned* stunt obviously. After they both broke Elon said something like, "hmmm, I guess we'll need to work on that." Tesla gave the people who wanted to write something bad something "real" to focus on. It's like leading your enemies into the pit.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

The fact that they were able to replace those windows prior to giving test rides indicates to me that breaking or cracking the glass was foreseen as opposed to ruled out. Also, they did this stunt on the sides, they could likely not have cracked the actual front shield and replaced it before the test rides.

Disassembled the put part of the straddle. Right now the call part is almost worthless so no need to change it. Positioning in case a surprise announcement of how many preorder there are for the truck.

Still kept the short term calls sold to cover, no more catalyst that can punch through that price point.

Again, market is over reacting to a product that won't affect the stock price for another 2 years.