Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I checked in on TSLA and what did I see at the close?
404.04!
On to 420.20! just 4% more!
Now just so’s I understand what’s happenin’ here:
if we all buy a share at 420, or a 420 call, that could really light it up?
Shorts margins bring the matches to get the blunt really burning strong?
Does that mean like, we could get really high?
So high that, like, pretty soon, even 420 would be forgotten? (Mods grateful)
Like we could all be laughing and sharing some high 5’s?
420 will be so, like, last year, man.

Edit: uh, it’s a joke... No predictions ‘n not advice, k?

Also: don’t quote me about shorts getting the blunt burning, I’m sure they’d want nothing to do with that.

Last edited:
A Tesla run like AMD would be ok. That would get us to about 4000 in two years.
My son told me to buy AMD at $2. High volatility and architectural advantage over Intel that requires them to redesign their entire chip foundation. Sounds familiar.
Considering you are here, instead of on your private island I'm guessing you didn't?

Ross makes a claim that Tesla is delivering from GF3? Wasn't the consensus here that this hasn't happened yet and may not until January 1st?

Ross seems to be baking in significant deliveries for Q4 without having checked if Tesla is actually delivering them in China.

The CNBC interview was terrible as well. It was basically Ross looking silly and describing himself as the premier Tesla expert and not sticking to the facts around Tesla.

Ross makes a claim that Tesla is delivering from GF3? Wasn't the consensus here that this hasn't happened yet and may not until January 1st?

Ross seems to be baking in significant deliveries for Q4 without having checked if Tesla is actually delivering them.

The CNBC interview was terrible as well.

I asked this question before because I don't know. How are the operational cost realized if Tesla delivery cars in GF3 this year? And is this why they are waiting for Jan 1st just so it doesn't cost Tesla a year worth operational cost just to deliver a few cars in 2019?

With the price going up the way it is, without a significant reduction in short interest which my initial assumption would be the primary driver, I was musing today if there are some big money interests that see an opportunity here. We know the good things coming, so I’d assume they do as well. The vulnerability and the opportunity are out there for those who have the ability and opportunity to seize it.

I think Montana skeptic spoke true for once, $TSLA is very dangerous right now.

For longs too though, I’m up nearly 40% in less than 2 years with meager resources, and nervous to add any more until I have more confidence in the current trading range.

Me too. Especially one that's liable to be big and clunky.
You mean like the CHAdeMO adapter. I bought that almost a year before I finally got my Sig X because there were no Superchargers in Pennsylvania when I reserved my X. I've never used it as now there are Superchargers and destination chargers wherever I go. I wonder if it works?

Ross seems to be baking in significant deliveries for Q4 without having checked if Tesla is actually delivering them in China.

The CNBC interview was terrible as well. It was basically Ross looking silly and describing himself as the premier Tesla expert and not sticking to the facts around Tesla.
They had cars on trucks at GF3 in the drone flyovers - so I expect a small volume in q4 to employees... Not that it will be financially very meaningful.

Ark hasn’t been selling shares since $350

2E22EA7D-2540-405D-BD3C-ADD116A60F16.png

With the price going up the way it is, without a significant reduction in short interest which my initial assumption would be the primary driver, I was musing today if there are some big money interests that see an opportunity here. We know the good things coming, so I’d assume they do as well. The vulnerability and the opportunity are out there for those who have the ability and opportunity to seize it.

I think Montana skeptic spoke true for once, $TSLA is very dangerous right now.

For longs too though, I’m up nearly 40% in less than 2 years with meager resources, and nervous to add any more until I have more confidence in the current trading range.
What is your basis for saying short interest isn't down? Ihor? His track record is... not so good. The official numbers aren't out, and when they are will predate this latest action. Even if it is down now, if shorts add before the next official accounting we wouldn't know.

My understanding is that there are new incentives in China for CN-made cars that don't kick in until January 1. Or maybe it's that Tesla doesn't qualify until Jan 1. Something like that. I could be wrong. Clearly they are producing and shipping, though.

My understanding is that there are new incentives in China for CN-made cars that don't kick in until January 1. Or maybe it's that Tesla doesn't qualify until Jan 1. Something like that. I could be wrong. Clearly they are producing and shipping, though.

Actually, it would be smart to wait to start deliveries of CGF cars until Jan 1 for at least two reasons. First, you can delay 'costing' the CGF until you start selling/delivering the product...keep it out of Q4 which should help profitability overall for Q4. second, with the coming loss of incentives in NL the Q1 deliveries there will drop so a massive influx of Chinese deliveries in Q1 would help offset it.

It smacks of a young/smart CFO making sure to the best of his abilities that we don't get a repeat go Q1 2019 and give us the best chance of Q1 profitability and SP500 inclusion that 'could' come with it.