Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anybody else worried that stunts like this are going to derail Tesla's FSD plans? Isn't one of our big advantages the whole neural net thing where all the FSD cars learn from one another? What happens when regulators force a shutdown of FSD due to all the dumbasses out there acting like fools?

That's impossible because the cameras and radar would still be collecting data and learning from each other. It's not necessary for the car to be driving itself to learn.

That's impossible because the cameras and radar would still be collecting data and learning from each other. It's not necessary for the car to be driving itself to learn.

I hope you are correct. I was under the impression that the big learning moments occurred when FSD disengaged and the data got uploaded to the neural net. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Krugerrand
I hope you are correct. I was under the impression that the big learning moments occurred when FSD disengaged and the data got uploaded to the neural net. Anyway, thanks for your reply.
I recall a while back some screenshot of Tesla screen on twitter, asking if disengagement was done b/c of AP error or for convenience with Yes/No buttons.

I recall Elon saying it's hard to determine whether a disengagement is a learning moment or not and people were really excited about the screenshot, since it would provide a way to filter the data...

But I have not heard about it again, not sure if it was a Beta testers feature or some photoshop.

Everybody's so excited about delivery numbers. Personally, I think the market moving stuff is already set up to happen during ER call since Elon said in a tweet that projections 3-4 years out will be discussed. It might be that this alone is moving the price quite a bit, for one by people who're buying the "news about the news". With a bunch of stuff already obviously in the pipeline it looks appropriate to me that they talk about the longer term plans. This time it will be from a position of strength and I'm really looking forward to hearing the details and also being entertained by the stock price movement before and after.

Just saw the video on Twitter of the baby lamb/goat sitting in the driver's seat of a Tesla cruising down the interstate.

Is anybody else worried that stunts like this are going to derail Tesla's FSD plans? Isn't one of our big advantages the whole neural net thing where all the FSD cars learn from one another? What happens when regulators force a shutdown of FSD due to all the dumbasses out there acting like fools?

Here's the TSLAQ account for those interested:

KillingMyCareer on Twitter

Relax.

I’d rather the goat drove than the idiot who owns him. If that’s not a case FOR FSD, I don’t know what is. You know this idiot, at the very least, texts while he drives. Hurry up, Tesla! FSD can’t get here fast enough.

I disagree with that. It's very important for Tesla to have its customers as 'test drivers'. The disengagements are what help Tesla find out where its system is making mistakes, and where to improve it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Everybody's so excited about delivery numbers. Personally, I think the market moving stuff is already set up to happen during ER call since Elon said in a tweet that projections 3-4 years out will be discussed. It might be that this alone is moving the price quite a bit, for one by people who're buying the "news about the news". With a bunch of stuff already obviously in the pipeline it looks appropriate to me that they talk about the longer term plans. This time it will be from a position of strength and I'm really looking forward to hearing the details and also being entertained by the stock price movement before and after.

Meh. Nobody on WS has ever cared about projections that far out. In fact, projecting that far out has only caused drama and scrutiny and fodder from analysts and media.

Ie., when Tesla said it would build out the Supercharger Network — met with ‘bah, humbug!’

When Tesla said they’d build a Gigafactory — where is Tesla going to get $20 billion?!

When Tesla said they’d build a Gigafactory in China — Chinese won’t allow it without JV partner, and then Potemkin Village!

The list is endless. Nope. The longer term projections will not move the SP up.

@FrankSG I thought you might be happy to know you paid 3x less for 1/22 400c than
007 on Twitter
:)

Less than 3x actually! I bought at prices inbetween $17 and $26, for an average cost of $22.

I've since then converted them to 2x the amount of Jan'22 $500s though (right after Cybertruck dip), which has been paying off tremendously so far. My average cost on those is $37 according to my broker, but it's more like $20 if you include the profits from the $400s.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
It's nice the senators are wondering if they should be in the loop on assassinations.

Screenshot_20200102-192522_Chrome.jpg

Personal Rudy handles foreign policy, I guess for assasinations there's some "Blackbriar", no more red tape.

Edit: looks like this was coming and not a surprise. I wasn't following these events.
Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani Is Killed in U.S. Strike

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a lurker but finally decided to join. I just want to post a warning about options expiring tomorrow in case production and delivery report is released tomorrow afternoon after the market is closed. After-hours activity can move the stock from out of the money to in the money. People can still exercise expired options on Friday evening if the stock moves after-hours. They actually have until noon on Saturday to exercise the expired options. Something to keep in mind if you have Tesla options expiring tomorrow and the production and delivery report is released after 4:00 pm.

Automatic Exercise, After-Hours Risk, and Other Options Expiration Issues

It's nice the senators are wondering if they should be in the loop on assassinations.

View attachment 495841

Personal Rudy handles foreign policy, I guess for assasinations there's some "Blackbriar", no more red tape.

Since targeting a specific political or military person for murder (assassination) is considered a war crime under the Geneva Convention, Congress wouldn't have authorized such a thing.

Meanwhile, since this is an investment thread, the assassination news is pushing down stock index futures. There might be follow-through in the morning.