Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They also have no clue that when Elon gets shares for meeting goals, he will never sell them.

Elon didn’t found Tesla to get rich. Quite the contrary. He founded Tesla to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport. He’s been saying this for over a decade now. Hasn’t changed. Been this way through thick and thin and back again.

His share accumulation ensures that he will be able to keep the mission going as designed, no one is going to hostily take it over because of this.

He will never sell his shares and this the thing legacy analyst don’t get. He’s not in it for the bank account, he’s in it for a mission. The irony is that this very thing is what will make him the wealthiest man the planet has ever seen.

He didn't found Tesla. Mark Tarpenning and Martin Eberhard did. Elon was its first investor. Years later he got the lawyers to rewrite the history so he was declared a co-founder. Just sayin'.

Dude, buck up. This is going to take a helluva of an effort. But, we can do this!

As I indicated, that article is heavily weighted to the worst possible interpretation of the data. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t believe there was hope. I wouldn’t have installed a 35kw solar system at home and an 18kw one at my company. I wouldn’t buy tesla stock or vehicles. I wouldn’t have provided free chargers in our parking lot for employees.

so thanks for your concern, but I am doing quite well and am very happy. BTW...I have new baby coming mid may and want to have more. Can’t be a fatalist and do that or run a company either really.

I get that everyone is gleeful cause our stock is doing great, but let’s not be pollyanish either. The task ahead is enormous and we face major headwinds. There are potentially large tipping points that could have major negative effects on all of us. But human ingenuity is incredible when pressed.

the ignorance of the masses can surely be discouraging, but I talk the talk wherever and whenever I can.

GLTAL

He will never sell his shares and this the thing legacy analyst don’t get. He’s not in it for the bank account, he’s in it for a mission. The irony is that this very thing is what will make him the wealthiest man the planet has ever seen.

You're right - Elon's in it for the mission. But there are two missions. One is a Mars colony. And he WILL sell his shares to fund that!

Real test is what is the damage and response from the US, I am pretty sure base defenses are covered by Patriot Missile system so will see I guess
I don't wish to go too OT here, but I am truly concerned about what the US will do with very few friends left and a madman at the helm. We're going to be living some truly interesting and dangerous history shortly and I hope that cooler heads can and will prevail.

When would you recommend worrying?

I recommend worrying when you are having trouble breathing or your core temperature has dropped more than a couple of degrees or you notice your heart has stopped beating. Or there is a mushroom cloud.

Money doesn't belong on a pedestal, it's just a life tool, much like a car.

Well, OK, perhaps Tesla's belong on a pedestal....:)

But while the news is very disconcerting, I'm not that worried about the impact it will have on any of my investments. It will likely help one company in particular that I hold shares in, but there's nothing I can do about that. In time you will see these things are always big and scary...until they are not. The world keeps turning, people keep eating and having sex, babies keep getting born and the sun keeps shining.

Last edited:
Folks - a little turmoil in the middle east - hopefully without loss of lives, is what we REALLY need. Oil has been too cheap for too long. We need another period like 2007-2010 when gas was around $4-$5 a gallon. You think $470 is a good SP, just wait til gas hits $4 a gallon again. Tesla could sell cars for any price they name!

We needed something to shake up these cheap oil prices, and we just got a gift. Come on oil prices, do your thing!

View attachment 497703

They were going nuts about SpaceX being a fake on a Ross Gerber Twitter post, I can't seem to find the twitter reference, but after searching found this. They saw something moving and were calling it a mouse :D
Sure it wasn't a rat looking for a way to abandon SS Qtanic?