Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also busted through BB resistance,,, wow!
No, the Upper-BB at yesterday's close was at $475.16 but going up on a steep slope (approx $5-8/day). I expect the Upper-BB will sit above $480 at the Open today.

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-01-07.20-00.png

Cheers!

no, not crazy talk. Just very different from U.S. culture.

Rather, very similar to U.S. culture. Nesting turtles are regularly moved in Florida to make way for construction, for instance. It does depend sometimes on the state, which probably is the case as well in Germany.

Tesla just set up shop in Nevada, where there are few critters and a permissive regulatory environment.

As another poster also posted, I also did indeed read the article.

Not saying I agree with bureaucracy but I do agree with EU policies in the sense that owning property does not grant you unlimited rights regarding that property. (This is counter intuitive, I know, but some regulations, for example environmental laws, take priority over your ownership)

The article is based on very little substance, so please take the 'facts' presented there with a grain of salt. For all we know the purchase agreement contained clauses regarding the environmental laws. (In neighbouring country Belgium such clauses are mandatory for example).

So no, not crazy talk. Just very different from U.S. culture.

Oh, stop. Talking about capturing forest ants and putting up netting to prevent frogs from forest entry IS crazy talk, whether the author got it right or is pulling it out his/her butt.

I’ve owned land with flood plain protections and still own farmland with conservation protection laws applied to portions of it. I get how this all works. I’m for it and I’m for the endangered species of bats being protected, moved or whatever. But I’m still going to call out ridiculous behaviors like relocating forest ants and the like.

Talking about capturing forest ants and putting up netting to prevent frogs from forest entry IS crazy talk, whether the author got it right or is pulling it out his/her butt.

Let's just agree to disagree.

It's common practice over here (Western-Europe) to put up netting alongside all major roads twice a year to prevent massive decreases in toad population when they migrate for breeding. There are people that empty buckets full of toads regularly during these periods, on the other side of the road. In other areas they build little tunnels under the road for the toads.

It is somewhat hypocritical since the near extinction of the creatures in some areas are entirely due to poor regulating in the past, and only recently the EU is trying to save what is left to save.

Nonetheless, relocating animals is trivial in the long run and is most likely something Tesla agreed to when purchasing the land.

TSLA has gone up about $50 a share since Spiegel announced that he was going to continue maintaining a 10% short on TSLA because fwaud.

That alone could be enough to wipe out any chance of his fund being in the green in 2020.

It's ok, my lil' latrine queen. Not everyone is cut out for being in the money management business. I'm sure you'll be able to find a job managing a bed and breakfast somewhere.

I think Colgate is looking for dental hygiene engineers. That might work for you!
599af8fc-cb2c-414b-b06a-ab0e2b20129a.jpg

99% of your post make sense but calling someone "Hitler" in a post is highly distasteful. Hitler, Stalin, Mao are murderers of the highest order and shouldn't be easily assigned.

I respect your point and sentiment and apologize to you and everyone else who feels similarilly.
But I also feel that there is a significant differences in "Hitler" as you quoted and "Cinnamon Hitler".
To be frank it matches what I am trying to express quite well. [I deleted further explanation of my attitude towards Trump, satire, my heritage, speech and judging words over content, etc.]

Opel is now owned by GM. Should this (same) model have been recalled, and if so, will GM be liable for burning several hundreds of other mark cars as well as totalling two extensive building structures (so far)?

Hmm, maybe go short GM? ;) (as well as BMW)
Opel is owned by PSA. They were owned by GM since the late 1920's. The Zafira was an old GM monstrosity.

What's the source for that?
Pretty sure its in here: ;)

But sales isn't the issue, its supply. If GF3 can only produce 7K SR+ in Jan before the New Year's festival and 3K/wk for the remaining 8 wks, that's ~30 in 2020Q1. But this is China; Expect them to exceed expectations. :cool:

Also Tesla has orders for MIC Model 3 from BEFORE the price reduction. Demand is NOT an issue in China.

Cheers!

Pretty sure its in here: ;)

But sales isn't the issue, its supply. If GF3 can only produce 7K SR+ in Jan before the New Year's festival and 3K/wk for the remaining 8 wks, that's ~30 in 2020Q1. But this is China; Expect them to exceed expectations. :cool:

Also Tesla has orders for MIC Model 3 from BEFORE the price reduction. Demand is NOT an issue in China.

Cheers!
Big mistake everybody makes with the 3k a week. This is the number from last week, expect it to be higher in 8 weeks. could be 4k/week at the end of january and maybe 5k/week at the end of february. Hopefully the drons will fly a lot the next week and maybe we can spot the uptick in numbers. The ramp was way faster then freemont, and the internal organisation is also way way better with way less startup issues.

Pre-market TSLA trading volume is now over half a million shares, which is very high even by the last few weeks' elevated volume standards:

Is it too early yet to call this a short squeeze?
439,836 shares traded before 08:00 hrs, before many market participants are able to trade.

Some of this could be the large program-seller from yesterday's After-hrs drop to $452 (280K shares sold from 18:30 to 20:00) now buying back before the Market leaves them too far behind.

As Jackie Stewart says, 'Its gonna be a greet dee'. (/Scotish brogue)

Cheers!

Big mistake everybody makes with the 3k a week. This is the number from last week, expect it to be higher in 8 weeks. could be 4k/week at the end of january and maybe 5k/week at the end of february. Hopefully the drons will fly a lot the next week and maybe we can spot the uptick in numbers. The ramp was way faster then freemont, and the internal organisation is also way way better with way less startup issues.
They're battery constrained, like the rest of the universe. ;)

That this democracy has deemed bat relocation to be a priority is something that does not change my opinion.

For all we know the purchase agreement contained clauses regarding the environmental laws. (In neighbouring country Belgium such clauses are mandatory for example).

So no, not crazy talk. Just very different from U.S. culture.

I’ve owned land with flood plain protections and still own farmland with conservation protection laws applied to portions of it. I get how this all works. I’m for it and I’m for the endangered species of bats being protected, moved or whatever. But I’m still going to call out ridiculous behaviors like relocating forest ants and the like.

We need a counterpoint to the fossil fuels argument about how much money they make daily by delaying EV penetration.

How many unnecessary ICE miles, and what amount of emissions and public health costs would NOT be avoided due to delaying GF4?

I'm not saying at all that we should ignore environmental impacts, but there's a difference between a company displacing wildlife for profit vs. one that aims to rid the world of fossil fuel pollution.

Bats and ants like clean air too.