Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so torn.... TSLA makes me a lot of money.... but on the other hand I can't get a ****ing EV charging spot at work anymore cuz there are so many EVs now

Same here. I thought it was just me having those selfish thoughts. If I see another EV using a charger I wanted to use, it annoys me. Unless it's a Tesla, then I just smile and go elsewhere.

There's much exuberance here and strong expectations for the earnings - I feel the same, and I think we're right to feel it's going to be good, and very much a beat given the consensus EPS is below the actuals for Q3, despite way higher deliveries, 7000 cars from inventory, strong LR/P M3 mix and more MS/X.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure there'll be a slew of good news as well as strong, but hopefully conservative (eh, Elon) guidance for 2020 and perhaps beyond.

However, a good ER, even a stellar ER, doesn't guarantee the SP will rise, we've seen this happen before. Now I think there must be enough momentum, goodwill and positive sentiment behind the stock that such machinations won't be so successful, but given the hiding the MM's are facing with calls, I'm also expecting some kind of fight.

All I'm saying is curb a bit your enthusiasm, see what happens and make sure you have a strategy in case it doesn't go the way you expect.

Last edited:
Speaking of COOs, what has happened to Gwynn Shotwell? She was quite prominent on the internet a while ago but haven't heard a thing from her lately. Really enjoyed her insights. I thought for sure she would be on the panel after the crew dragon abort test but no dice.

Dan

I wouldn’t have expected her there. She’s on the business side of SpaceX. This was a technology demonstration.

Reactions: wipster
Superchargers in Bulgaria!!!

We’ve got Bulgaria too! I wonder how long it will be until we get Turkey. Woohoo!!!View attachment 505603

It was only Sunday while picking up my car from a 11kW-charger that I fell into a conversion with a Zoe driver. When I showed him how the Tesla Supercharger network covers most of Europe, he said he was interested in Bulgaria... I pulled up the Tesla.com page with the current+coming Supercharger sites, to show that driving to Bulgaria without alternative chargers would likely become possible this year. And now this.

If I had been superstitious I would have taken these news as a good omen for tonight. :)

However, a good ER, even a stellar ER, doesn't guarantee the SP will rise, we've seen this happen before. Now I think there must be enough momentum, goodwill and positive sentiment behind the stock that such machinations won't be so successful, but given the hiding the MM's are facing with calls, I'm also expecting some kind of fight.

Yes, what would drive the stock way past 600 is model Y deliveries within a month, projected deliveries towards 600k for the year and a date for battery day within 2 months. With those the actual earnings as long as they are close to projected won't matter much as long as they are enough for SP500 to be a sure thing after Q1

You're going to cramp up well before anything happens.
giphy.gif

Sigh, I bring no value to this forum :(

I wouldn’t have expected her there. She’s on the business side of SpaceX. This was a technology demonstration.

Businesses acumen wasn't why Gwynne was hired by Elon as SpaceX employee #6 or so:

"She received, with honors, a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mathematics from Northwestern University."​

:D

Last edited:
Same here. I thought it was just me having those selfish thoughts. If I see another EV using a charger I wanted to use, it annoys me. Unless it's a Tesla, then I just smile and go elsewhere.
To me its the opposite. I see a non-tesla and I smile thinking they don't even know yet and still are light years ahead of their hybrid and gas car driving peers. I am still a bit shy of taking away charging spots for low range cars with my tesla model 3 LR now, thinking that in my tesla I don't actually know range anxiety anymore, but remember how VW eGolf with 50-80 mile range depending on driving and weather would make me feel when I arrived at a L2 charger taken up by teslas that might as well charge at home or superchargers.

There's much exuberance here and strong expectations for the earnings - I feel the same, and I think we're right to feel it's going to be good, and very much beat given the consensus EPS is below the actuals for Q3, despite way higher deliveries, 7000 cars from inventory, strong LR/P M3 mix and more MS/X.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure there'll be a slew of good news as well as strong, but hopefully conservative (eh, Elon) guidance for 2020 and perhaps beyond.

All I'm saying is curb a bit your enthusiasm, see what happens and make sure you have a strategy in case it doesn't go the way you expect.

I'm extremely nervous. My other holding AMD *sugar* the bed 7% from a beat in revenue and guidance. But the recent exuberance from all their newest products had the stock 60% higher than the 100 days moving average. It's recovering as we speak and it'll most likely recover and then surpass the ATH in this quarter because the report was actually pretty good(saw a bunch fo analyst upgrades this AM with zero downgrades, and all the bearish analysts raised PT).

Tesla is ridiculously above the 100 days moving average. I am prepared to see red after earnings no matter what is on it. Would love to see green, but my hopes are not high after AMD.