Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been a believer in Tesla for a long time but I didn’t have the epiphany, guts, whatever to buy any shares until last year and I’m so glad I did. This message board is a wonderful resource with so many knowledgeable posters. Thank you all so much! As an aside, @Artful Dodger , I used to bum around as a kid on SoCal Pirate bbs’s back in the 80’s with that handle. Brings back the “mems”.

It’s been a much more productive use of my time reading your posts with that handle! To say the least! :D

Cheers!

My humble opinion is that based on the 4Q19 report, and Model Y being released into the wild; sales will skyrocket despite the loss of the tax incentive. Yes, I know the semi might be in there, but the positive 4Q19 report and the Y. . .

The other day while cursing along in our X, my wife spotted an X, and right after her I spotted an X and yelled Tic-Tac-Toe ~ the simple things in life excite me the most:D

In moments like this I like to think of the young investing firm made up of father and sons at UCLA...who despite seeing Tesla’s on the road everyday said “at 488 it can’t go any higher” so they shorted it with nearly half a mil haha

but I’m most excited about the energy business of Tesla, seems like we have a two headed monster building

In moments like this I like to think of the young investing firm made up of father and sons at UCLA...who despite seeing Tesla’s on the road everyday said “at 488 it can’t go any higher” so they shorted it with nearly half a mil haha

but I’m most excited about the energy business of Tesla, seems like we have a two headed monster building

At least their losses are capped. I mean, at $650 how could it go any higher? :cool:

But I really doubt that Tesla can product 760,000 car in 2020, considering the New Corona Virus situation. They might end up lose a quarter of productivity in GF3

A. That's not what they said. They projected 500,000 production in 2020, with 760,000 production CAPACITY by mid-year.
B. A friend of mine in Shenzhen says the quarantine seems to be working great, so the government has basically extended the Chinese New Year an extra week or so, and they expect the coronavirus to burn out in 2 weeks or so. He didn't seem concerned at all.

Folks, I just can’t help but think of the boss shorts. (I mean the real “whale” shorts, the biggest of them, those hidden in the murky depths, not these little color fish we see parading on SA or BI, or appearing on teevee. I can just imagine the anger and panic of those losing billions beyond the cameras and the public eye. They have been coddled and protected by the SEC, and have been confident, brash, at times overt and coordinated, and always with impunity. Looks got they have gotten blind-sided by their own arrogance, and confirmation bias. Now some of these whales might just be in too deep! There is a lot of barometric pressure happening where they are, and they have got to be feeling a whole hell of lotta squeeze right now.

With this 4Q report the music stops for these guys, and well, especially with the recent buying on good news and performance, there just aren’t going to be enough chairs floating around to cover their naked asses! The next few days will be interesting. This game is starting to get so VERY expensive for them. Compounding and compounding the losses, how much pressure can they take? The old strategy of cover and short again right away and write off the expense has just been put out on a shelf, just out of reach. Prepare for tantrums!