Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without endlessly reiterating the many cogent points embedded within @jbcarioca ‘s excellent post a few places up, which I urge all to peruse carefully, I’d like to emphasize just one point.
He writes: TSLA is almost my least risky investment. I absolutely expect volatility to continue...

What is risky is that in times like the present, it is extremely easy to mistake volatility for risk. It is not. Volatility is, however - as he further states, eventually going to bite the trader where it hurts.

Good post!

That's much bigger news. There's no way that delivery will be the bottleneck in China. Production will be, quite obviously.
Exactly, if only this gets better traction. I just saw this post in the reddit Tesla investor club as a direct link but does not appear in the front page of Yahoo news, nor could I search for it on Reuters.

I'd wager this will eventually pop up once the big players have made their trading shortly after the bell rings.

Reactions: Dare
So what's our guess for today? Seems like the media is out in force using comparisons to bitcoin (pulled right from TSLAQ on twitter btw) etc. Feels like a big-ish drop may happen with a pullback. The 800s is hardly a crazy place for the stock to be at.

Austin (Travis County) does have low unemployment (look at the dark green county just south of the centre (Gillespie) and go two to the right).

erqbkzg4hjp21.png

But that said... it's one of the most progressive places in Texas, and it's the capitol, so it's a good target in those regards.
UT is in Austin, which is where John Goodenough and his team research. Perhaps correlation (lots of engineering/tech talent), perhaps some causation.

• Informative
Reactions: S3XY and keydiver
Can't say this is a good watch, but some might find it interesting anyway.

That one CNBC host was a bit of a douche, as can be expected. He insisted Teslas in England were "coal burners", totally ignoring the UK's huge move to sustainable power. And then later he seemed to be actually encourage short selling, telling the audience how cheap is was right now to do so. :rolleyes:

Folks, before you panic and sweat yourself to dehydration, take a moment to zoom out to the 1 month or even the 5 day chart. We were in the $500s a few short days ago. Lets not freak out like a $50 drop is the end of the world. Unless you're here to make a really quick buck, a bit of a pullback is not unexpected.

The big picture is unchanged. Whether we pull back here a bit or push higher, it doesn't change the fact that Tesla is still dominating the future of the auto and energy storage industries. Longer-term, even a $200 pullback will be an insignificant squiggle in the long path upward.

Folks, before you panic and sweat yourself to dehydration, take a moment to zoom out to the 1 month or even the 5 day chart. We were in the $500s a few short days ago. Lets not freak out like a $50 drop is the end of the world. Unless you're here to make a really quick buck, a bit of a pullback is not unexpected.

The big picture is unchanged. Whether we pull back here a bit or push higher, it doesn't change the fact that Tesla is still dominating the future of the auto and energy storage industries. Longer-term, even a $200 pullback will be an insignificant squiggle in the long path upward.
Lots of new investors on the FB groups that are scared. Obviously I don't give advice, but I point out that you shouldn't be investing money you NEED, and pointing out my own experience. After making a 75% profit on a small batch of TSLA back in 2017, I was out until August 18. Then I went in way bigger at SPs ranging from 320-380, then I watched the stock drop down to as low as 179 (while buying more). So after holding through that drop I reaped the rewards. A 100 or 200 dollar drop from ATHs of 950 isn't even going to register on my pain scale.

Reactions: M3Rider and VQTRVA
Can't say this is a good watch, but some might find it interesting anyway.

One good quote though:

Understatement of the year more like :p

The presenter who said "...they get most of their power in England still from coal" is so flat out wrong that it really should be illegal to repeat such statements in the media!!! IIRC the percentage of power generation from coal in the UK is now down to around 5% or so!