Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At moments of market volatility, tsla becomes very reactive to any FUD. The recent increase in the past several months, was without any new ground breaking 'news' per se. Its just that the market now sees the path forward to EV, which many of us here all ready knew. However, the extensive short selling pressure was not conducive to expected growth of tsla experiencing year over year growth as well as delving into new markets, such as making their own CPU/GPU for self driving, etc. In order to fight FUD, best is to take these 'headlines' and challenge them, their diction (choice of words) on other platforms, such as twitter as many have recently done in the past several months.

Reactions: Fact Checking
On the other hand some people are starting to say "Tesla will miss its targets because of factory shutdown or Coronavirus" when there's no evidence I have seen to support this.
Which is silly considering the only factory with down time was GF3 which is pack limited anyway, so could easily recover from an extra week off with an extra shift. Meanwhile, as long as Tesla doesn't run out of parts, a delay from their suppliers reduces inventory costs.

Moving averages put the share price in bear territory at that number right now. Breaks the upswing technically.

If we close below 733 we’re going downward temporarily.
And the past week has been uphill???

I am so chill.
Yesterday I ordered all the music production gear a guy could possibly want and the most ridiculously overpowered computer to run it. Also a stylin' motorcycle jacket and some art to put on my walls and FURNITURE.

I gambled 5 grand on 860s on Monday and I don't care about it. Because I still have more money in my account than I've ever had in any year of my life prior, and I know this hysterical dip is just a blip in time and largely meaningless.

And my lawyer said he's gonna get me off ankle monitoring soon.

Life is good and guess what.. It goes on!

Love you all, even the bears.

Heh. It sounds like a one night stand gone wrong.

Sorry... who's this guy? doesn't look like a smart dude to me.
Blasphemer
Guy, I'll be honest with you. I'm kinda panicking. I honestly believe in the Tesla mission and the cars are awesome. But I just bought in at 900 and bought dips at 830 and 800. Probably got more than I should've and not really in the position to get more. Should I cut my losses? How much more is this going to drop?

Moving averages put the share price in bear territory at that number right now. Breaks the upswing technically.

If we close below 733 we’re going downward temporarily.

Well, but that only matters if there's not enough buyers. Otherwise the Technical Analysis based selling pattern just provides extra liquidity to accumulators.

Of course overall negative market sentiment would be a bearish force as well.

Buying options on margin seems way, way too risky to me...

Well, then you would not be surprised to learn that one such TSLA anti-investor who does, discusses their investment with none other than Mark BS. While readers of this forum would probably believe me if I said I had passed a transporter full of Porsche Taycans, I strongly feel the need to post documentation for the above.

MarginPuts.png

No, the losses are not amplified when you are a Canadian. :rolleyes: The fallacy you have is that $USD is $CAD. They are two different currencies.

But, whew! I'm glad you cleared that up (you are not a "care bear"). I knew this guy who I thought was an arsonist but then he told me he wasn't. I was so relieved! ;)

In all fairness, it shouldn't be at all surprising that there were first time buyers of TSLA who bought in the 900's and are hurting now, particularly those for whom this is a first investment.

@EVFan888 A good exercise would be to look back at this forum circa first half of 2019. A whole lot of people in a similar position to you, at the time, who bought at $380 after the "funding secured" tweet. Those who held to today, after the recent losses, are "only" up ~84% in a bit over a year.

Heh. It sounds like a one night stand gone wrong.
3 week stand and nah it went RIGHT. Learned some valuable lessons about Latina women and got fired from my job, which has opened up all kinds of time for me to jump back into music and to write my book.

I'm living plush nowadays but the real gains are the friends we made and the wisdom we gained along the way. :D

Preposterously OT I know, so let me contribute something more on topic real quick:
Is there a tax benefit to selling to close an option position at a near-100% loss vs letting it expire worthless? My 850C expiring tomorrow isn’t looking good.
No.

Why do you currently have TSLA shares in your regular IRA at the expense of your Roth? Your Roth should always have the fastest growing investments. My Roth went 100% Tesla first, then I added TSLA in my taxable and added it lastly to my traditional IRA.
It certainly does make sense to try to put faster-growing investments in Roth accounts. In retrospect, I should have bought more of our TSLA shares in Roth accounts, especially when shares were in the $200s. Perhaps, after years of being range-bound, I was underestimating TSLA's potential. While I'm a bit leery of ARK's giant price targets, primarily because of uncertainty about the timeframe of FSD, I do see TSLA being a big winner in the coming years.

I’m showing you all my face and intentionally made my user name my name.

I’m here for you, if that’s possible.

If you’re having a hard time please reach out.

It’s bullshit when people come and hide their identity (deceptive). I’m doing what I can to show I’m not that.

I don’t mean everybody has to dox themselves.

But I’m not afraid. You should know what my motivations are when I type and what I really am.
I'm showing my real face. Does that count?

In all fairness, it shouldn't be at all surprising that there were first time buyers of TSLA who bought in the 900's and are hurting now, particularly those for whom this is a first investment.

@EVFan888 A good exercise would be to look back at this forum circa first half of 2019. A whole lot of people in a similar position to you, at the time, who bought at $380 after the "funding secured" tweet. Those who held to today, after the recent losses, are "only" up ~84% in a bit over a year.
Thanks for the reassurance. Really what I was looking for. Don't really appreciate all the people calling me a care bear. Kind of thought we were all on the same team here.