Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm eyeing up the July time frame to maybe sell puts. That puts us in summer so at worst the CV is tamped down, past Q1 swirl, into Q3 so profit in Q1 or Q2 might put us in S&P 500 territory, and for news of the new Gigafactory, battery day etc. to be processed.

At that point if somebody makes me buy shares at $600 or so I won't be terribly mad.
Battery Day and the end of CV hysteria have a very high probability of lining up......if the event doesn't get canceled in the next couple weeks. If the bar is set low enough on 1Q deliveries, I think that has a high chance of surprising to the upside as well. Lots of things in April.

Again, the question needs to be asked, how are they getting 500+ mile range (rumored 600) in a heavy duty truck with non aerodynamic giant tires, air suspension, and extra weight to handle big payload and towing capacity, let alone slinging a model S around the 'ring at competitive speeds. wasn't it just a few years ago that no one could even consider tracking a tesla?

500 miles is possible with a 800 kWh pack, assuming low resistance tires and warm temps, 1,000 kWh is plenty with the 2kWh/mile number. Semi has sufficient room for current 2170's to provide the power.

The track limitation was due to AC induction motors overheating, not the pack.

500 miles is possible with a 800 kWh pack, assuming low resistance tires and warm temps, 1,000 kWh is plenty with the 2kWh/mile number. Semi has sufficient room for current 2170's to provide the power.

The track limitation was due to AC induction motors overheating, not the pack.
The cybertruck is cheaper, so with 7 battery packs this would be very heavy and costly. Even the semi, with astounding numbers and 80,000 payload would need alot of battery packs, and some math might show this would not allow the current price.

I'm afraid this is correct. We're seeing an oversized reaction across the market, fear is starting to take hold.
agreed and sad but TSLA is not immune to it either. they will be first to recover IMO\
Adam Jonas made a poor choice with that shade of lipstick! :eek:
Adam Jonas talks out of both sides of his mouth. He needs to either be bullish or bearish and quit trying to play both sides. it doesn't help either way!

Have a confession. Purchased 100 March 20 puts on the QQQ with a 222 strike price when Apple warned for around 0.86 a piece. Figured that the market would finally understand that the coronavirus was going to be a problem and we would see the beginnings of a correction of some sort. Wanted a hedge against all my long term positions, especially in TSLA. Think the QQQs were around 236 at the time.

The QQQs barely took a hit and the next day soared again to new highs. AAPL made up all its losses. I figured the market was smarter than me, bullet proof and had in its wisdom already priced in a coronavirus outbreak so no problem look to the future. After all, it is not the end of the world. In frustration I dumped all my QQQ puts for a small loss and reversed the positions on the market continuing its upward trend.

So I missed a 17 bagger (so far), which would not nearly have made up for all my paper losses as I own a lot of TSLA that I am happy to hold, but goddamn, how could I be so right and so wrong all at the same time?... No need to respond. It just making my head spin...trying to feel better by putting it out there. I know everyone that trades options has stories like this, most likely in both directions....

Mobilizing funds for continued fire sale. Any buys at this level are great long term deals. Sadly, think will get even better. The panic is ridiculous. It is like WS is demanding a rate cut. They will probably get it.