Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's your list of levers? (besides dropping prices)

Track Mode 2 for free. P3D just keeps getting better. They should have charged for this. No reason to buy just plain dual motor. P will retain value like a champ.

Deliver Y early.
Release big update for FSD.
Keep FSD price low or have another sale.

Problem is blood from a turnip if everyone is poor and without work or stock market gains to buy new cars. However, if Tesla can take all the new car sales maybe we make it through unscathed.

After making about 3X gains holding Tesla from around 240, I sold around 850 and got into boring index funds. Lost about 20% on it since the start of the corona panic. I've just sold 50% of my index funds and bought Tesla at around 645. Will be adding more. Just not sure if i'm going to wait until after Q1.

Long term believer in the Tesla story, and I do see Elon receiving his full CEO compensation package by the end of 2028.

Last edited:
Echoing macros. Futures are up ~1%.

Nope. It’s because.....

5B74EC36-A0A2-4593-88CC-FFFBD2CEF953.jpeg

Congrats @KarenRei

Problem is blood from a turnip if everyone is poor and without work or stock market gains to buy new cars. However, if Tesla can take all the new car sales maybe we make it through unscathed.

I agree with the blood from a turnip observation. What I also try to keep in mind is that Tesla is a 500k/year unit car company (and profitable to boot at this level).

Tesla doesn't need everybody to want to buy a car. If demand for cars overall drops by 10% (that's a pretty big drop in that market), will Tesla actually sell even 1 less car? I think not.

If the market just shuts down - say a 50% drop in demand, will that other half of demand be evenly distributed amongst car makers? My personal investment strategy, and guess, is that it will not. And that Tesla will get an outsized portion of that remaining 50%. Even up to the point that the company sells not even 1 less car. And possibly they find themselves in a situation where demand increases, as those buying cars become more choosy (I don't really think total demand will increase).

Tesla is such a small fraction of the total market today, it'll be reasonably easy to continue growing as normal. Especially if you consider that Tesla sells to families on the upper end of the income and wealth scale.

It's funny how everyone suddenly need the money when the market crashes but have plenty of dry powder, almost unlimited amount during good times.

Been loading up on some DIS, AMD, and SHOP. May consider going CCL if they start cancelling cruises. I never need the money so plenty of sales going around for me.

Disclaimer: I specialize in catching falling knives.

are you buying the stock?