Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The black swan event is going to go on for months. Some countries haven't even begun to react yet, including the US. Only China is actually in the recovery phase and they had it going on from January until now in March and they imposed very draconian measures which aren't possible in the West. This isn't the bottom, and we might not even be close.

At the same time, China had the unfortunate thing of being the first. Even if other countries have done nothing since first reports, China would have already been at least a few months into making a vaccine for this, which is a time advantage that slower reacting/outbreaking countries like the US can and will take full advantage of.

If China comes out with a vaccine, that even just helps prevent the virus, than it'd be a large profit for them, and a huge help for countries who are in the early stages of their outbreak.

Reactions: Lessmog
Today was not a good day in the automotive sector. Tata plunged to take last place from Mazda. Other sizeable drops include Renault, PSA, FCA and VW. The total value of the top 25 auto makers dropped from $796B yesterday to $718B today, about 9.8% drop. This drop is much sharper than prior declines with few showing any strength (e.g., Changan). While TSLA has dropped it is definitely not the worst performing and is situated for a better recovery.

automotive_marketcap_20200312.jpg

Top 25 Automakers by Market Cap

Here in Norway all schools and kinder garden where shut down for two weeks today. Gym closed, restaurants closed and pubs closed(unlesss they can guarantee 1 meter between all costumers), cinemas closed, hair cutters closed and no medical staff can leave the country this or next month...

All the airlines have major issues, Norwegian Air Shuttle has temporarily laid off 50% of their staff. Local stores are sold out for bread, toilet paper, flour, and some groceries.

My point with this is that I guess that some of the same will happen in the US in a couple of weeks. This leads me to think that there will be at least a few week until we se some form of bottom.

Depends. Here in Finland nothing has been been shut down. Government gave some recommendations, eg cancel concerts etc if you can..

I'm not certain which approach is best. Shutting down schools might delay the inevitable, but won't stop it.

Is the number of expiring options tomorrow meaningful enough to matter for Max Pain? Trying to think if 550 could be a magnet for tomorrow closing price.
Though, I have a feeling someone is using the context to slowly pull down TSLA more than that.
max pain is $650 isn't it?

Tell that to my weed stocks.

Agree its very stupid - very Trumpian even. Can you imagine not talking about the GFC on a main investor thread during the 2008/2009 era?
Yeah I don't get it. Details on the virus itself sure, but nothing else matters right now.

Depends. Here in Finland nothing has been been shut down. Government gave some recommendations, eg cancel concerts etc if you can..

I'm not certain which approach is best. Shutting down schools might delay the inevitable, but won't stop it.
I guess the goal is not to stop it, but to spread the cases. This so that the health care system have some kind of chance to withstand it...

Calm yourselves. We're in a seaworthy vessel riding out the storm. Some sea sick dogs have abandoned ship to their peril. We have a good captain at the helm. We have a core base of mates that have the constitution to steady the course. The main sails and all her riggings are intact. We are on course but have to acknowledge that there is some sickness among us. It will pass as a bad gale that that has pelted us with salty sea spray and a scant few mates may unfortunately succumb to it. Nothing us swashbucklers haven't dealt with before. We continue to right ourselves upon this heaving deck as we know this is what it takes and is expected of us to successfully complete our journey. Cheers to my mates as we stand arm in arm weathering this cold and mighty storm! Stay the course and you most certainly will be richly rewarded...

Aka

HODL

• Love
Reactions: Evoforce