Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you offered UBI - maybe but we are nowhere near that.

Evidently we're closer than you think: Yamiche Alcindor on Twitter

Treasury Sec Steve Mnuchin: "We are looking at sending checks to Americans immediately...Americans need cash now and the president wants to get cash now. And I mean now, in the next two weeks." How much? Mnuchin: Discussing details w/ GOP senators. We like idea of $1K.

Treasury Sec Steve Mnuchin: "We are looking at sending checks to Americans immediately...Americans need cash now and the president wants to get cash now. And I mean now, in the next two weeks." How much? Mnuchin: Discussing details w/ GOP senators. We like idea of $1K.

Let's see. The GOP generally likes to go with tax breaks. Even still, 1K is not much if people are out for 3+ weeks.

Reactions: Nathan

Pick up a few shares of Tesla with it!

Let's see. The GOP generally likes to go with tax breaks. Even still, 1K is not much if people are out for 3+ weeks.

Representative Joe Kennedy III is introducing a more comprehensive plan: Rep. Joe Kennedy III on Twitter

—$4k to every adult who makes under 100k per year
—$2k to every adult who makes over 100k per yea
—$1k for every child 18 or younger

But like you said, the Republican controlled Senate might not bite on anything progressive.

Inflation only happens when demand far outstrip supply. The last decade thanks to globalization and automation there's an abundance of goods to keep up with demand therefore we hardly saw inflation with such low interest rates. Currently we will be in a situation of low demand and high supply so inflation risk is definitely not a concern right now.
The one and only cause of inflation is the government deciding to print more money. They may decide to do so based on any of a number of factors, but really, that is all there is to it.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
And did he provide any advice contrary to the recommendation from public health officials? He sent out an email to his employees (mostly male, 20-50 years old, in reasonable good health working in a factory) stating risks of dying is lower than dying in a car crash. That is true.

Car crashes aren't contagious. So it's a poor comparison. The problem isn't that you'll die today - it's the risk (to everyone) over time as the disease spreads. Even if those 20-50 year olds don't die, they can spread the disease.

Everytime someone criticize *some* Elon decisions the canonical response is "Then sell your shares/don't invest in TSLA".
It's an easy but flawed response.
He can be wrong, some of us provided some arguments, we'll see in the end who's right (I really hope it's him).
But please let us have a reasoned debate about his strategy against Covid, this is not the church of Saint Elon.

As an investor, the quality of management is the number one most important metric before I invest in any company. I will not buy a company with less than excellent management (Boeing anyone?). It's the quality of management that determines your long-term returns.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't believe Tesla management is superior and you don't trust their judgment, sell your shares! This simple rule has worked very well for me over the years.

Representative Joe Kennedy III is introducing a more comprehensive plan: Rep. Joe Kennedy III on Twitter

—$4k to every adult who makes under 100k per year
—$2k to every adult who makes over 100k per yea
—$1k for every child 18 or younger

But like you said, the Republican controlled Senate might not bite on anything progressive.

These things don't usually work like that though. Can I correct it for you?

—$4k to every adult who makes over 100k per year
—$2k to every adult who makes under 100k per year
—$1k for every child 18 or younger if your parents earn over 100k per year

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Picked up my first tranch of TSLA. 2 more tranches were already fired off but on another investment which shall not be named. This is in anticipation of the ~$900 bil TARP-2 that's going through congress. It'll probably take 2 weeks of back and fourth and the market will catastrophically crash at one point from republican grand standing in the senate and then the crash will whip them back to their senses to push through the differences.
That crash from grand standing will be my 2nd tranch into TSLA.

I have also sold off my short term bearish bets expiring 4/20. Mainly on the Chinese market because I believe the next month or so will see unprecedented policy response that will just flood the market. Short term options bets are also getting too dangerous due to the high IV.

3x bearish SPX long term bet is still on as a general hedge.

Good luck to everyone trading.

Car crashes aren't contagious.
You're sure?
image.png

Sheesh, tough crowd here.

Must be more careful in the future when questioning the divine infallibility of God Elon in all matters :)
I'm pretty sure every person who has disagreed with you also concluded themselves that the coronavirus panic was dumb LONG BEFORE Elon came out with that tweet. So are we simple fanboys/girls or do we just have fundamentally different POVs? Blankly accusing us of the former only serves to undermine your own argument. Personally I've been saying the panic was dumb since the Thursday immediately following Q4 ER and I'm still saying it now.

Last edited: