Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing Tesla is ramping up Tesla Energy. It was always cell starved as cars had priority, but not anymore. Tesla Semi was also being delayed due to limits in cell availability. That's no problem now, and it's being built at Giga Nevada. They can send extra batteries to Shanghai now as well.
Do we really know Tesla Semi's being built at Giga Nevada? Do we know when??

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
OK, anyone else going to play the bounce back to 450 by close?
Interesting. This morning my iPhone stock app showed identical curves for the three indexes and TSLA... it was so striking that I showed it to my wife. But in the last quarter hour or so TSLA has decoupled and is climbing on increased volume while the markets are dropping. So you're probably right, but how to play it? The only thing I can think of is about-to-expire options, and I have a terrible history with those.

New Video Series Alert:

Our own Alex Voigt ( @avoigt ) is producing a series of new videos on Youtube:

"7 Reasons Why Tesla Will Gain Competitive Edge in The Crisis"

Embedded below is the first of this seven part series discussing Tesla and the Corona crises. This first video segment (7:53) is subtitled: #1. Safety

Cheers!

The next one will be about Diversification.

Every video goes along with an Article pre published for my Patrons and later on CleanTechnica

Hope you guys like it!

Ya, I'll be watching closely when we surpasses 9/11 death (~16k) and total war death (~500k).

Wow! I don't think we will be anywhere near 500,000 Coronavirus deaths. Doesn't China, a much more populous country, only have 9,000 deaths?

It looks like your glass is half-empty. May I fill it up for you? Well, I admit, I won't fill it to the absolute brim, it will be about 1/8th of an inch shy, but I call that "full". ;)

Lots of questions...

Would anyone care to comment on Bonds?

Is this a safer than common shares, which are far safer than leaps? Relative to the possible closing of the market? (is it reasonable to close the market? I can't understand the possible effects.). Is it reasonable to be able to expect to convert to shares? 1000Bonds = 320 shares

Etrade requires a phone call to buy at a negative yield and the phone lines are jammed.

These are not my trades, just a list of the last trades from Etrade.

upload_2020-3-20_11-51-4.png
Any

Reactions: UncaNed
Apologies if this has been discussed already, haven't had time to review this thread today: anyone able to share the status of the Fremont factory in light of the CA Governor's directive? (Does it pre-empt the Alameda County directive?) Alternatively, is the factory retooling for other production (ventilators)?

Your avatar is very fitting for that post.

I'm a distinctly amateur newcomer to investment and this thread - I have picked up many bits and pieces of info along the way...
including now, following a small inheritance, the courage to buy $12k worth of TSLA stock - ( $6,000 at $720 early Feb, and $6000 at $350 yesterday, approx figures)

I am intrigued as to whether those famous short sellers have cashed in and are crowing following the fall to $350 - I'd like to think that my buy at that price was a good move - but how does this virus-induced temporary big dip, (I am sure it is temporary) affect those who had/have short positions?

I'd like to know because I would quite like to find out that they have still lost -
I want them to lose, Oh yes,

He's a moron. ONLY essential businesses need to operate. He acts above the law and eventually capitulates to close factory and then gives an FU saying but we'll keep some people their anyway. He doesnt care about those workers or the families they could effect. He cares about image but is playing this all wrong and I don't get it.
He believes just like some serious experts that the overreaction to the virus epidemic is not healthy and further that the law is on his side. On the other hand, temporary shutting down production made sense because demand went way down. Note: that in Nevada the rules are about the same as in California and New York and Tesla continues battery pack production (which is at this point the limiting factor of the production, so stocking up makes sense. So primary reason of the shutdown is temporary demand setback. The epidemic will end by the end of April according to Musk's guess. (and yes, that is the best guess based on the limited data we have.) I assume that Tesla cars will have a V like recovery, while the global economy will be in trouble for a while.

• Love
Reactions: Richard007
9/11 had closer to 3k fatalities.

oh Ok.
I simply searched wiki and used the numbers there as a reference point to when the US gov considers fatalities large enough to warrant shutting down the market. The wiki said 16k death from 9/11 and ~500k world wide from after the war. In that case, we are probably fine since we surpassed 3k already and the market is still open.

I guess we'll find out on Monday is this strength in Tesla stock is because of options or Tesla stock set a bottom the other day. The strength it's showing is pretty impressive, especially in the last 30 mins.

I am still pretty optimistic that this weekend will provide positive news on multiples fronts...and when I say "positive", I mean bad news that isn't as bad as feared.

I guess we'll find out on Monday is this strength in Tesla stock is because of options or Tesla stock set a bottom the other day. The strength it's showing is pretty impressive, especially in the last 30 mins.

I am still pretty optimistic that this weekend will provide positive news on multiples fronts...and when I say "positive", I mean bad news that isn't as bad as feared.
need to close above 445 for me to be optimistic for monday