Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After-action Report: Wed, Apr 15, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $733.64
Volume: 23,601,676
Traded: $17,315,018,421.21 ($17.32 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 99.52%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 62.8% (54th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 48.4% (52nd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "TSLA hangs on to overnight gains"

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-04-15.png

After-action Report: Wed, Apr 15, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

VWAP: $733.64
Volume: 23,601,676
Traded: $17,315,018,421.21 ($17.32 B)

Closing SP / VWAP: 99.52%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)​

FINRA Short/Total Volume = 62.8% (54th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 48.4% (52nd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)

Comment: "TSLA hangs on to overnight gains"

View attachment 532830

Quick question. You may have answered it in the past, so profuse forgiveness.

I only want to know if it’s ‘bad’ if close is below avg SP for the day or if it ‘bodes well’ if close is above avg SP or if it just doesn’t matter one way or another and we’re screwed either way and at the mercy of the money men?

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Had the same thought. But the land next to phase 2 seems to be some kind of greenhouses or something. No expensive buildings to tear down if more room is needed. Pretty sure Tesla could buy that land if they need it. Although it might be a better idea to open a second factory in some other part of China to spread the geographical risk.
Tesla cannot buy the land next door. All land in China is owned by the government. Unlike Tesla whoever has the land next door has no 99 years lease. If the government wants to lease that land to Tesla, the guys next door are out soon. Welcome to PRC. No expensive buildings there because the guys count already on being kicked out from there.

Quick question. You may have answered it in the past, so profuse forgiveness.

I only want to know if it’s ‘bad’ if close is below avg SP for the day or if it ‘bodes well’ if close is above avg SP or if it just doesn’t matter one way or another and we’re screwed either way and at the mercy of the money men?

Thanks, this has NOT been answered before. Like every Stat, it's open to interpretation. The way I use it to to try to gauge sentiment, or manipulation. Are those two statistically correlated? That's the 'Art'.

For me, when I see a big drop at the end of the day, but the VWAP is much higher than the Closing SP, it usually means 'Shortzes' have been playing their games. Combine it with other data points to build a larger picture. I think of it as 'virtual situational awareness'.

Cheers!

Thanks, this has NOT been answered before. Like every Stat, it's open to interpretation. The way I use it to to try to gauge sentiment, or manipulation. Are those two statistically correlated? That's the 'Art'.

For me, when I see a big drop at the end of the day, but the VWAP is much higher than the Closing SP, it usually means 'Shortzes' have been playing their games. Combine it with other data points to build a larger picture. I think of it as 'virtual situational awareness'.

Cheers!

Ok, that’s interesting. Would you consider doing a top ten? chart of those ‘artful situational interpretations’? If this and that then this type of deal? Then we could grade you and decide if you’re a prophet or full of pooh. No, I wouldn’t really do that because I like you but there’s no accounting for what @Unpilot would do. I’m happy to keep him in line for you, for free even.

Seriously, I’d be interested in your observations at least as a matter of intrigue.

Ok, that’s interesting. Would you consider doing a top ten? chart of those ‘artful situational interpretations’? If this and that then this type of deal? Then we could grade you and decide if you’re a prophet or full of pooh. No, I wouldn’t really do that because I like you but there’s no accounting for what @Unpilot would do. I’m happy to keep him in line for you, for free even.

Seriously, I’d be interested in your observations at least as a matter of intrigue.

Indeed, I'm making a list. I picked the toughest nut to crack in the history of Wall St. (#NEVERSCARED). This is also why I allocated 10 years for my investment horizon, so I don't stress out over ups and downs, even though I follow them.

Of course, this purported list of investing canon will be kept secret between you and I, while alternately lobbing toxoplasmosis at passing dips and resisting the ephemeral highs.

Cheers!

EDIT: (the non-secret part)

"Lodger's Ten Rules for Investment Success": (c) 2020 - Draft Edition
  1. Buy Half and Sell Half; there'll be more Chances
  2. Stocks cycle through their Trading Channel in 4-6 wks
  3. Volatility is not Risk; a Stallion that doesn't buck is called a Gelding
  4. Time Is your Friend, Emotion Is your Enemy
  5. Often the Best Action is to Do Nothing
  6. Forget the News, They're Paid to Lie (unless you Catch the Lie)
  7. Market Makers are NOT your Friend, its their Game to Rig
  8. Don't Overtrade, especially Options
  9. Minimize the Croupier's Take, Don't use Margin
  10. Have Realistic Expectations, Be Honest with Yourself

Last edited: