Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me guess... haven't bought back your shares?

I'm guessing there are hundreds of people here who thought they were smarter than the market and have left tens of thousands of dollars each (and more) on the table during this climb from $450 to $725.

For every 100 shares sold at the arbitrary price of $510 with the intention to re-purchase at a lower price that's over $21,000.00 not in their account at the moment.

Of course, most of them are not silly enough to think they can make the price come back down simply by posting Google Trend results that they believe reflects poorly on the stock.

I'm guessing there are hundreds of people here who thought they were smarter than the market and have left tens of thousands of dollars each (and more) on the table during this climb from $450 to $725.

For every 100 shares sold at the arbitrary price of $510 with the intention to re-purchase at a lower price that's over $21,000.00 not in their account at the moment.

Of course, most of them are not silly enough to think they can make the price come back down simply by posting Google Trend results that they believe reflects poorly on the stock.
Allow me to share my painful experience. I was one of those selling out (just a small portion) at $475 and hoping to get back at 455. In fact, I posted about selling my put option for extra money. The reason was, and this is stupid, I had $44k cash in my roth IRA and I can't contribute anymore this year. And I wanted 100 shares, had to have it. So I gambled, and lost, brought back in at 570 once I've determined the MMs would not be able to get it any lower. I should have just over contributed, pay 6% penalty to the IRS next year and get my 100 shares right then and there - something I wish I had known.

Elon fighting back on twitter:
Elon Musk on Twitter
So were they actually delivered? I saw the article and it didn't make sense at all.

Still seeing so many people saying "I'll buy my shares back when it dips back to 300, below 200 etc." Goofballs.

• Funny
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Max pain up to 675 today possibly rising to 690-700 tomorrow. I’d expect more push downs during the day today and tomorrow counter to market trends.

If this occurs I may go gigantic today/tomorrow: 100k+ on 5/15 900s.

Waiting to enter half of 5/15 900s today if push down to red occurs counter to market trends.

(None is this advice, only real life trading evidence, will post actual position, win or lose.)

So were they actually delivered?

Yes. Elon posted a bunch of emails and pics from hospital staff showing the ventilators/respirators were recieved. Now what are the odds CNN corrects their story?
136E9BEA-C61D-4591-9128-8E4176DFE22D.jpeg 54CEB95E-2BA1-492D-ADFC-656B970A2552.jpeg

Attachments

• D39688CF-A5F7-4F6E-93A0-9A3434A83DF9.jpeg
    D39688CF-A5F7-4F6E-93A0-9A3434A83DF9.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 48
If I’m right 6 more times I’m buying a roadster.

I’m riding this up right now after refreshing today: (attached photo)

Also trying to ride JNJ, PTON, MSFT, and USO up, and taking the downside of LULU, UBER, and AMZN.

JNJ decision tomorrow at pre-market. Peloton excellent “stay at home” stock. MSFT under valued IMO, and USO will be bailed.

Flipped 5k shares of PTON today to fund a free bike rofl.

LULU 15 bil cap a joke, Uber overvalued, and AMZN a max pain play.

Soonest expiry 5/15.

To follow up:

Obv did well on Tesla position. No options (except 2021 1000s) held this moment, waiting for entry.

JNJ resulted in significant profit, flipped Monday as stated.

PTON held, still climbing up >10%.

MSFT flipped for a few thousand to free up $.

USO I was way wrong for short term, bailed at down a few thousand.

On the downside a wash. LULU and UBER tiny profit, AMZN a big ($5000) loss, read that wrong. I don’t like downside and closed them all.

Overall up substantially this week.

To follow up:

Obv did well on Tesla position. No options (except 2021 1000s) held this moment, waiting for entry.

JNJ resulted in significant profit, flipped Monday as stated.

PTON held, still climbing up >10%.

MSFT flipped for a few thousand to free up $.

USO I was way wrong for short term, bailed at down a few thousand.

On the downside a wash. LULU and UBER tiny profit, AMZN a big ($5000) loss, read that wrong. I don’t like downside and closed them all.

Overall up substantially this week.

There is a thread for that:
trading
Edit: I would have used DM/ Conversation, but that is restricted.

Last edited:
Such low volume today verses M-W this week, yet the SP continues to ratchet upward. it's almost as if Tesla was the ONLY GAME IN TOWN... Now hit'em with a mid-West GigaFactory, Elon! C'mon ya know ya want to! :D

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-04-16.11-10.png

The Options open interest at the $750 strike price is now in play (SP over $750 at 11:25 hrs). Let's watch the volume change at the 11:30 ET update.

Volume for $750 SP at 10:27 was:
  • Puts: 0.12K
  • Calls 2.76K
Volume for $750 SP at 11:27 was:
  • Puts: 0.23K
  • Calls 6.3K
Calls Open Interest for the $750 SP at 11:27 ET was 3.74 K so no large trading at this strike yet today. We'll check again at 12:27 EDT

TSLA.Open-Interest.2020-04-16.10-27.png

Last edited:
I bet it will be. Many people commented here about how padded that 500k full-year guidance was at the time, and since the shutdown back of the napkin production math seems to back up the notion that that number is still within reach. And if folks here are thinking it's possible, then Elon sure as hell is.
Honestly, based on the excellent MIC numbers I think 500k is still feasible. Sure the economy is weird but an entirely new product line was added with the Y, and it's possible MIC Y might happen this year.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger

Quite dumb for anyone to think posting a chart here would influence stock price, but here we are with so many accusations that is the case here...:rolleyes:

How about people drop the accusations, drop the topic aversion, and actually discuss why they think Tesla won't suffer any demand issues while others will.

Or don't respond at all.

Even some of the most bullish here think that Tesla demand will take a hit. But, that's not all that matters. What about China? Battery Day? What about the fact that this is one of the greatest companies on Earth? The decision to hold or sell is much much more complex than the answer to the question "Will the recession impact Tesla demand?"
I think demand could take a hit, sure. But I'm not willing to stay out and bet against Elon Musk. If I don't sell either way, it doesn't matter what I think about demands. If I was holding SPY, I would be scared shitless, but not TSLA. I sold before to get out of margin and I felt much worse than when I saw stock price plummeted.
Some people still haven’t set zeapelido to “ignore”? I had him set even before he posted the fake production and delivery report.

And yet most here will think somehow Tesla will come out unscathed, even though this is happening :

View attachment 532944
You seem to place a lot of value in google trends. I purchased 2 Teslas and never used google. I simply went to tesla.com. My neighbor purchased 2 Teslas after test driving my car and also went to tesla.com.