Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay guys I have no problem him tweeting whatever. The risk here is again breaking sec rules which he has been good about until now. Everytime that happens, the risk of him being removed is on the table. This is my only concern. I don't really care about anything else but Musk must remain CEO. So for adding this risk at a time like this pisses me off. With that being said I sold 39 shares out of 839 to buy some Fiverr lol.
Agreed. That is the biggest issue. And anyone saying stupid crap like "he doesn't care about the money" or "urr just a weak long" can piss off.

reports that Elon's twitter was hacked
No press release then? Seems doubtful.

This company is already at escape velocity, we do not need this kind of self-destructive behavior from the CEO anymore. He's apparently hurt his personal relationship with his girlfriend, now think of all the other strained relationships amongst TSLA employee and customer circles over his extreme positions and how that is poisoning the brand. This is an own goal for the ages.

You have no idea when people bought it ... in addition you have no idea when people might need to sell some shares. It's a bullshit argument. If that is the case, people who bought in the $30's have no right to be upset when he does something like this?

Just answer one question : What is the point of what he is doing?
The only explanation can be trying to get the factories back open / allow people to leave their houses etc. as he clearly does not think ncov is worth the quarantine with the current data we have on it, or the data he has ingested. Will this help? I have no idea.

Wonder how many of his personal assets are in California that he no longer wants to pay property tax on.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I think Overlord Musk is rage tweeting, and uses twitter as a stress release. I think he's had a few conversations with the politicians in his county, and the suppliers that work with Fremont, and they are not going well.

I really don't understand why people keep making these nuanced arguments about his intentions when he's clear about them on twitter. He's clear when he repeatedly promotes a fringe conspiracy that this is all fake for the govt to steal your freedom. this is not normal behavior. we should stop dressing it up as such.

Many people believe we should open up because of economic cost and make nuanced arguments supporting that. Musk isn't. He's just going full unhinged conspiracy brain.

i think he’s allowed to give an opinion on share price. that’s not technically a forward looking statement. he’s said it on twitter before, and said it during a call as far as i can remember.

the craziness is when it happens amid a storm of other seemingly emotionally charged tweets. which are unrelated. the optics are the problem, possibly not the individual SP tweet.

Not the first time that Musk has called Tesla overvalued.

All that said, what the hell is going on?

Musk is obviously not giving a rat’s ass about money here. He feels that there is more at stake.

He has gone stir crazy like the rest of us?

This is very hard to quantify because the company itself is once again expanding its lead in all endeavors it is engaged in here, and when any semblance of an economy returns Tesla will explode to ever higher highs in both SP, market cap, market share and brand value.

And this is before the CyberTruck. Or what we will discover on battery day.

You know, in the end you have to bet on the tech and there is no competition here. It is actually scary just how little competition there is, and COVID is on the verge of destroying all legacy OEMs in the auto industry. I need someone to give me an argument that Tesla will somehow NOT maintain 20% EV market share indefinitely into the future as the ICE cars disappear.

I have not sold any stock. Lining up buys for the market retests. Dunno what else to say.

For crying out loud people. RELAX. His emotion filled rant, however unstable, illegal, uncalled for, you think it is has absolutely no effect on the product we've invested in. Still the best damn cars for the money by a long shot. Not everyone looking to buy a car is on Twitter.
I invested in a company, which includes management. The head manager is not looking too good at the moment.

I need someone to give me an argument that Tesla will somehow NOT maintain 20% EV market share indefinitely into the future as the ICE cars disappear.

I certainly cannot help there, in fact I think is kinda crazily pessimistic to suggest they do not grow market share. Exactly who is going to make the other 80% of the EVs that people *prefer* over a tesla?