Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you talking about. Of course it is his fault!

Of course I still believe in Tesla the company or else I would have dumped all. Having 20% of portfolio in one stock is still very high, now that Tesla is just a company. Tesla lost its special place in my heart.

He might have attracted some right win nuts but how many people he lost?

Most importantly I thought he is the very few who can look at large amount of information and derive his own clearly headed conclusion. Not fully believing the published data and argue for re-open with caution and protection is very sensible. Falling into the right wing echo chamber and his confirmation bias, just because he can't get what he wanted, and then going on rant that hurt employee moral and people who supported him all alone.

Not his fault? give me a break!
Yeah, it is crazy seeing the cult mentality in this thread.

Come on, man. The best minds are with Tesla and SpaceX for the mission and the profit potential years from now. A two-hour stock dip of less than 10% does not hurt them.
Losing 10% of your money because of someone else's stupid tweet doesn't hurt?

Replace "Tesla stock price is too high imo" with "Tesla stock price is too low imo"

Would anyone be getting their knickers in a twist?
Probably not because most of us want the SP to increase.

• Disagree
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Suffered? TSLA is up 600% since you joined this Forum on Jun 3, 2013. That's how much "suffering" you've done, unless you've been trading away your winnings.

Meanwhile, we're "suffering" your 28th post in 7 years... Feeling honored. :p

I certainly haven't forgotten the years in sideways purgatory with institution after institution pulling out after the last twitter meltdown. I regret not joining the discussion over the years and advocating for a diversity of views, sadly many such members gave up and left.

I invested in a company with a visionary leader that advocated first-principles reasoning to find novel ways to survive and thrive in the graveyard that is the global auto industry. I believe in the humanist values at the core of zero emission vehicles. What I have seen in the last week has brought me out of lurking because it is so deviant from those values and I see no evidence he has a clue what to do about the situation. Chanting political slogans, going down the conspiracy rabbit hole, and making ugly insinuations rather than arguments is the OPPOSITE of first-principles thinking.

I actually don't care that much about the SP: I bought TSLA 4 years ago and I want to see the f**king Semi out. Tesla is the only company that can put a serious dent the fossil fuel economy, and I want to be on the right side when this will happen.

Yes! The semi is the single product I am most excited about not only for the environment but also the performance should do a lot to solve traffic jams. I thought the same before I thought I could even own a tesla and now having a 3, still am most excited about the semi.

So he was butt hurt and decided to manipulate other peoples investments with one click of a button. Am I getting this right?
Two things:
1. Elon is the largest TSLA shareholder
2. Elon has already made it super-clear he's not happy Tesla is a public company, but he has no choice in the matter anymore.

Just to be clear: I don't think he's right to push this issue as hard as he is, and I hate some of the crap he retweeted on the pandemic. But I get why he's doing it.

What was it... "if you don't like volatility, something-something..."

Replace "Tesla stock price is too high imo" with "Tesla stock price is too low imo"

Would anyone be getting their knickers in a twist?

Whenever a CEO buy shares of their own company, it's a confidence booster. Whenever a CEO liquidates, it make people nervous. This is why calling the stock price too high has more of a negative impact than calling the stock price too low. It's always it when the market crash, it crash like an elevator down.

Falling into the right wing echo chamber and his confirmation bias, just because he can't get what he wanted, and then going on rant that hurt employee moral and people who supported him all alone.

Let's not make this a right wing thing. The lockdown has bipartisan support. Anywhere from 70-90% depending on the poll. And even Republicans aren't parroting conspiracy theories about the death toll being fake and over counted.

Frankly this is Alex Jones level stuff.

Tootles!

I’m holding. I’ll have Elon’s and Tesla’s backs as long as I breathe.
Unfortunately he doesn't have our backs.

Let's not make this a right wing thing. The lockdown has bipartisan support. Anywhere from 70-90% depending on the poll. And even Republicans aren't parroting conspiracy theories about the death toll being fake and over counted.

Frankly this is Alex Jones level stuff.
Not at the leadership level. POTUS has actively facilitated the conspiracies and Reps politicians in general have as well. Not to mention conservative media.

Whenever a CEO buy shares of their own company, it's a confidence booster. Whenever a CEO liquidates, it make people nervous. This is why calling the stock price too high has more of a negative impact than calling the stock price too low.

He hasn't sold a single share, and says he never will. That would be an entirely different matter.

Two things:

What was it... "if you don't like volatility, something-something..."
If it was just volatility, i could understand. Except, Elon's going out of his way and doing it on purpose.

supporting all these conspiracy theorists and going out of your way to attack the company. Just because he's in a dispute with Bay Area authorities? seems a bit much.

I have held long and strong 100% all-in since Feb '14. Through all of the past's crazy stock movements. Today's tweets (combined with no coffee yet, Lol) resulted in my 1st ever panic sell/rebuy. It cost me 1 share. Lesson learned. Don't panic if the fundamentals are unchanged. Still not happy about his tweets the past week, but Elon is going to Elon and you better be ready to....do nothing.

Last edited:
Annotation 2020-05-01 113122 Musk IMO.png

I agree, a 20:1 split should solve that temporarily...

I have held long and strong since Feb '14. Through all of the past's crazy stock movements. Today's tweets (combined with no coffee yet, Lol) resulted in my 1st ever panic sell/rebuy. It cost me 1 share. Lesson learned. Don't panic if the fundamentals are unchanged. Still not happy about his tweets the past week, but Elon is going to Elon and you better be ready to....do nothing.
Normally I agree, but this might be a fundamental change. It's not unreasonable to think he might not be CEO in the near future.

• Funny
Reactions: capster