Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Limiting Factor guy estimated it would reduce footprint by 10% I believe.

He also said that main advantage is increased throughput (eliminating drying time).

(Just for laughhs) This video, also from Reuters reports, with a straight face, that time has come for 'Green Hydrogen' while at the same time claiming that it could achieve price parity with oil as soon as 2050!

"Tesla also plans to implement new high-speed, heavily automated battery manufacturing processes designed to reduce labor costs and increase production in massive “terafactories” about 30 times the size of the company’s sprawling Nevada “gigafactory”"

You're right -- it most likely is BS, but it may not be complete BS. It may be a translation error... maybe it's more akin to 30x the production of the company's sprawling Nevada "gigafactory".

EDIT: @FreshPrince and @mongo beat me to it.

This triggered a memory. Remember the slide show. The single pixel (in Texas?) covered with solar panels. How much could that power again? What if Tesla built that? It would easily be 30x the size.

Tesla should build it. 15 additional demand and coal miner shares (so far) would definitely buy me a top of the line waffle maker with personal waffle chef.

My fear is all those tweets setup a sell the news moment since it will be considered nothing new. If Tesla announces anything less than what was tweeted they totally failed. One has to consider how the news hours and bears like to twist information.

Don’t fear misinformation, manipulation or the like. The truth always comes to the surface in time. Use the time in between to your advantage. Turn the fear into courage of conviction.

So allow me a moment of ignorant over simplification if I may. I make no secret of the fact that I am an investment dullard. You could fit all of my stock market knowledge on the head of a pin and still have room for a gigafactory. I am a buy and hold kind of guy because I wouldn't begin to have enough knowledge to try the day trade/margins/puts/calls approach.

That said, is it an oversimplification to state that Tesla seems to have solidified it's overall trajectory in the minds of most people and the market in general, and now more or less rides on the whims of the macros? Yes, when battery day, new products, and new facilities come to pass it will only solidify the overall direction the company is going, but barring the %5 swings that seem to be the norm for this stock, it seems like this is pretty much a done deal. AKA, steady climb over the next several years with bumps in the road due to macro craziness.

Stating the obvious?
Way too over simplified?

Educate me.

Dan

Adding to @RobStark's post: The Michigan Tesla Showroom will be in a former Chrysler Jeep location off I-75 on Dixie Highway in Clarkston
(Take that, Jeremy. Tesla put the T in Clarkson)

Payne: As California battle rages, Tesla celebrates Michigan win with its first store

I sent the following to the author of that article.

Hello. A couple things wrong/misleading with your statement below.

”But Tesla has endeared itself to green politicians over the years, including the Obama administration which provided a crucial $465 million loan to the electric automaker during the depths of the Great Recession to keep it afloat.”

1. That loan was started and signed into law by the Bush administration and then awarded under the Obama administration. You are painting a partial picture that displays the wrong narrative. Would be good to show a more complete picture instead of a partial one. There was BIPARTISAN support since it was started with Bush.

2. That DOE loan was NOT needed to keep Tesla afloat. It was the investment from Daimler that saved Tesla. Tesla was NOT bailed out by the government like GM/Chrysler was. And even Ford luckily timed mortgaging their assets away for a massive loan by the government (for which they still owe on BTW). The taxpayers bailed out the other manufacturers....NOT Tesla.

Please correct. Links to articles below showing this.

Much appreciated. As a Tesla owner/investor and Michigan resident, I watch this pretty closely as this needs to be accurate. Already there are too many people that are wrongly negative on Tesla. We don’t need fallacies from this article to add to it.

Payne: As California battle rages, Tesla celebrates Michigan win with its first store

Tesla repays $465 million government green energy loan ahead of schedule

Elon Musk: Daimler Saved Tesla, DoE Loans A Bad Idea

Thanks,

So allow me a moment of ignorant over simplification if I may. I make no secret of the fact that I am an investment dullard. You could fit all of my stock market knowledge on the head of a pin and still have room for a gigafactory. I am a buy and hold kind of guy because I wouldn't begin to have enough knowledge to try the day trade/margins/puts/calls approach.

That said, is it an oversimplification to state that Tesla seems to have solidified it's overall trajectory in the minds of most people and the market in general, and now more or less rides on the whims of the macros? Yes, when battery day, new products, and new facilities come to pass it will only solidify the overall direction the company is going, but barring the %5 swings that seem to be the norm for this stock, it seems like this is pretty much a done deal. AKA, steady climb over the next several years with bumps in the road due to macro craziness.

Stating the obvious?
Way too over simplified?

Educate me.

Dan
Actually I don’t think Tesla success is obvious to a lot of people. I just had a friend yesterday to tell me to sell my shares. This guy is a super smart mergers and acquisitions lawyer. Some of the deals he does are in the billions. I have another friend that is like a walking encyclopedia and knows way more about investing than me. He’s been trying to convince me to sell my shares for years. I could keep on but I think you get the point. There are still a ton of people out there that think Tesla is way over valued and once competition comes they will be crushed.

Actually I don’t think Tesla success is obvious to a lot of people. I just had a friend yesterday to tell me to sell my shares. This guy is a super smart mergers and acquisitions lawyer. Some of the deals he does are in the billions. I have another friend that is like a walking encyclopedia and knows way more about investing than me. He’s been trying to convince me to sell my shares for years. I could keep on but I think you get the point. There are still a ton of people out there that think Tesla is way over valued and once competition comes they will be crushed.

Well, they have a point:
The 3 is crushing the S (in sales numbers)
The Y will soon crush the X (in sales numbers)
GF3 is crushing Fremont (in cost per car)
GF4 will crush GF3 (in cost per car and volume)
The new battery cell design will crush current GF1 production
Solar shingles will crush the solar panel business
Megapack is crushing Powerpack
AP 3 is crushing AP 2.5
Semi will crush Tesla's car hauler fleet

What they fail to comprehend is that Tesla's greatest competition, is Tesla.

Pace of innovation is all that matters in the long run
-Elon Musk

He also said that main advantage is increased throughput (eliminating drying time).

(Just for laughhs) This video, also from Reuters reports, with a straight face, that time has come for 'Green Hydrogen' while at the same time claiming that it could achieve price parity with oil as soon as 2050!
"Price parity" as in both will be worth nothing.

Can you explain to me how the competion will crush Tesla? They seem to be falling further and further behind as I see it. What am I missing?

Dan

Stating the obvious?
Way too over simplified?

Educate me.

Dan

Another vote for most people not being clued up. There are a lot of people (at least here in the Uk) who have NO IDEA how far the range on a tesla is. They also think all teslas are the super-expensive model S or the falcon-doors one. The number of people here who would buy a tesla if they actually realized the cost/range of them is super-high.

Hardly *anybody* realizes what a gamechanger the tesla semi will be.
Hardly *anybody* realizes how big a lead Tesla has in autonomy.

People have got used to big car companies selling them shoddy products by pushing constant ads that they can now (post-covid) not even afford. meanwhile most people outside of auto-industry (anb even many within) have no idea how DIFFERENT Ev production is to ICE. Thus they have not priced in the huge lead in tech that tesla has, and over-value the now stranded-assets that the 'competition' have.

Battery day will change this a bit, a Q2 profit would change it a lot, the semi, and S&P inclusion will change it a LOT. The first big global ICE producer to go bankrupt will likely also be a big wakeup call. FSD would be like a nuclear explosion.
Tesla is (IMHO) still noticeably underpriced.