Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think we have to wait till September, yet. Let's get through August first. In May they made separate announcements 10 days apart (12th and 22nd). They just made 2 on Tuesday the 11th.

Will just leave this here...

https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1293671118482690050?s=20

Deciding which stock exits the S&P 100 (OEX) could be holding up the announcement of $TSLA ‘s inclusion in the S&P 500. TSLA would go in at #18 just above PYPL. With OXY ($14B, my bet) and SPG ($21B) at the bottom in market cap reporting this Mon 8/10, a decision may be near.

I am starting to entertain the idea that naked shorted synthetic shares were legion, and that we will see a significant share price rise, probably steady for a bit and then ALL AT ONCE, clearing these evil demon shares (that should legally probably not be a thing) from existence.

Before today I held this concpept at bay, not sure if it was as dire as some sources and maths showed it to be.

Might be legit AF

Explain.

Reactions: Andy O
Even if typical shorts may be quiet, hedge funds and market makers could still temporarily initiate manipulative short positions. In turn those might trigger cascades of stop limits set by weak longs (mainly day-traders).

Tomorrow is a weekly options expiration day, with much call option interest at $1650. The call writers (mainly HF & MM) would want to keep a lid there to protect their call premiums. On Monday they could cover any short positions set up today or tomorrow. Even if the share price manipulation loses, they would expect that to be more than made up in call premiums kept. Of course such plans could go awry.

Now I really think call/put options are not good for most of the cases, and has been used far from its original purpose, i.e., to hedge the risk.
People simply take it as lottery and most of the time waste their money, and MM has strong motivation to manipulate the SP to rip off retail investors.
If retail investors had put the money in real shares or real short, the market will be healthier and more efficient to reflect the true value of companies.

I had to do a double take when i read this. I read this as 'drawing' as an actual 'drawing' like this:

upload_2020-8-13_12-46-49.png

upload_2020-8-13_12-42-19.png

I believe that for many many years, TSLA was shorted by people whomst did not ACTUALLY THINK the company was fundamentally flawed, but wanted it to fail.

This creates over time, a compounded disparity between real and fake news notions of what the company is worth.

Naked shorting is not a novel concept, but a contentious one.

They owe a lottttt back that they never properly accounted for. They lent shares out that they didn't have. For a very, very long time.

I believe that for many many years, TSLA was shorted by people whomst did not ACTUALLY THINK the company was fundamentally flawed, but wanted it to fail.

This creates over time, a compounded disparity between real and fake news notions of what the company is worth.

They owe a lottttt back that they never properly accounted for. They lent shares out that they didn't have. For a very, very long time.

Totally with you so far. Please explain why you think these demon shares are about to be cleared from existence.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JusRelax
I am starting to entertain the idea that naked shorted synthetic shares were legion, and that we will see a significant share price rise, probably steady for a bit and then ALL AT ONCE, clearing these evil demon shares (that should legally probably not be a thing) from existence.

Before today I held this concept at bay, not sure if it was as dire as some sources and maths showed it to be.

Might be legit AF
I happen to believe that the "system" is full of fake shares that exist as a result of so-called MMs, using the Madoff Exception, shorting non-existent shares for the purpose of manipulating (capping) the stock. As I have mentioned here before, I had occasion to speak with a lawyer that had recently retired from the NASDAQ. He told me that nobody, including the NASDAQ, the SEC, the DTCC and other agencies HAS ANY IDEA how many shares of any particular stock are in the system. But, what do you believe is the catalyst for the system being cleared of these shares now, and who is doing the clearing?

The other dynamic that is playing out is the S&P inclusion. Shorts cannot be aggressive with their short positions because of the impending announcement. So as the trading day draws to a close you will see a lot of them closing their positions because they don't want to get caught with their pants down.

The other dynamic that is playing out is the S&P inclusion. Shorts cannot be aggressive with their short positions because of the impending announcement. So as the trading day draws to a close you will see a lot of them closing their positions because they don't want to get caught with their pants down.
a squeeze is a squeeze, and history books never tell the whole truth ;)

• Funny
Reactions: vikings123