Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you will only sell half of Tesla even after Tesla becomes the entire stock market.

I apologize - I meant no offense.
You are one of my heroes and have contributed a lot to this site. Very insightful posts on many topics - thank you.
And you timed your buy-in perfectly from what I understand from your early posts. Perhaps a minor sell/re-balance id equally well timed? For sure - likely. Again you have been in this game for a long time, acc. to your posts and you know what you are doing.

Best wishes - sincerely.

I am of the - I freely admit - very bullish persuasion. Is there an 'over-the-top' bullish position? Raging bull?
I might loose it all.
So be it.

[3/5 of net wealth in TSLA - not than anyone is keeping score ... :) ]
This may suit your needs:
Super Bulls Only
Oh wait $40,000Bn market cap... I need to step up my game.

My real question for options.... does all the volatility go away after today? This split is the big thing that I am guessing is driving the IV.... isn't it? What else could it be? Sure it might be SP inclusion but that is part of today too. If there is no announcement after hours then it seems to me the wait is longer than everyone was expecting. If one has sold options and IV drops Monday, that means easy money.
IV x5 on Monday.

• Funny
Reactions: JusRelax
I assume that the after hours are just transactions that are still going through the clearing house. There is probably a system rule in place along the lines of "If Trade origination time < 4:00PM EST then allow to execute."

OK, I asked this to the wise-men of TMC and they said "F*cked if we know", does that answer your question?
See above. Finally, my hours spent working on design documents and testing interfaces has come in handy.

Last edited:
I sold covered calls again today. I was a little worried that the incredible climb we have seen since the stock split announcement has been short covering that will resume with gusto on Monday. If I was going to keep working, it wouldn't matter, but I wanted to pad my retirement account without selling shares. Sold Sept 22 for 4200 strike. I already have 1/3 of my shares tied up in Jan 22 3500 calls, so I only did another 1/6, so half my shares are still liquid. This will easily get me through financially to Sept 2022. By then I expect the SP to be around 4,000/800, so I didn't want to sell more covered calls even though the premiums are awesome. Full self driving software will be out by the end of this year per Elon. Combine that with three new factories running by 2022 and the SP could be well over 5000/1000 in two years. If we spike over 3500/700 this year I will be able to sell some of my shares to buy some really cool toys.

I sold covered calls again today. I was a little worried that the incredible climb we have seen since the stock split announcement has been short covering that will resume with gusto on Monday. If I was going to keep working, it wouldn't matter, but I wanted to pad my retirement account without selling shares. Sold Sept 22 for 4200 strike. I already have 1/3 of my shares tied up in Jan 22 3500 calls, so I only did another 1/6, so half my shares are still liquid. This will easily get me through financially to Sept 2022. By then I expect the SP to be around 4,000/800, so I didn't want to sell more covered calls even though the premiums are awesome. Full self driving software will be out by the end of this year per Elon. Combine that with three new factories running by 2022 and the SP could be well over 5000/1000 in two years. If we spike over 3500/700 this year I will be able to sell some of my shares to buy some really cool toys.
Don't count your pennies before they're hatched (or something like that...).