Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This ones gone...
Larry Ellison, founder and CEO of Oracle, has signed an agreement to purchase 98 percent of the Hawaiian island of Lanai from fellow billionaire David Murdock, according to documents filed with the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission. An estimated $500 million .

See. Everyone wants to do what I do. I’m the newest Internet trendsetter and influencer. And it’s why I didn’t get the island (yet), but instead bought a mountain. In classic terms that’s called a head fake.

My UK broker, Hargreaves Lansdown, informed TSLA shareholders that the new shares (the dividends) will take until the end of this week to be added to our accounts:

It’s expected that the new shares will be issued by 3 September, but this can’t be guaranteed. The new shares will be credited to your portfolio once we’ve been issued with them. Please note that from market open on 31 August, until the shares are credited to you, your holding will show a value of only 20% of its real worth. This will correct itself as soon as the new shares are added to your portfolio. If you sell your shares at any point during this period please bear in mind you are effectively only selling a fifth of your entitled holding and will still get the bonus shares credited shortly after.

Yeah, I don't feel great about it... particularly as we're breaking new ATHs and my portfolio looks depressing. It sounds like it's the case with a lot of European shareholders. Not clear what's taking these guys an extra week...

I recently developed this habit of taking screenshots of my portfolio value in my broker's mobile app at the end of each trading day to record its daily appreciation... in other words, how much richer I became every up day (so basically every trading day). The fact that this ridiculous habit cannot be satisfied this week gives me a lot of anxiety!

Thanks for posting. At least it's not only my UK broker (Equiniti). It means I won't get quite so annoyed with them.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
My wife and I drink a bottle of Champagne on every ATH. We recently had to restrict this to prevent becoming alcoholics, we now only do this if there’s also a 50 dollar increase. It didn’t help.

My liver thanks Elon for the stock split.

The stock split didn’t help either.

This dividend split as opposed to a share split was a brilliant move by Elon, Hiro and company. I do not think the shorts that are scrambling to produce dividend shares have been sitting on their hands. I think they've been scrambling since the announcement of the dividend and have not been able to get all that they need. In other words, the amount of fake shares sold by manipulative MMs over the past few years to cap the the SP is enormous. I think there is a good chance there will be some law suits as a result of this sh1tstorm.

Yep, this is crazy stuff we are seeing with the stock price today. @Artful Dodger, Amazing work. You nailed this from the get go. I sure hope today’s action is proof enough for even the most skeptical folks on this forum.

At this rate, we will break 500 in 15 minutes, it is current taking a rest at 490 after hitting the ATH of 497!

TC.jpg

:D:D:D:D Will he retweet it?

So what would it mean to the auto industry if 10% of office workers now working from home never return to office space? Most private passenger vehicle are purchased to enable a daily work commute. Additionally the trend to online purchase with home delivery has been accelerated. So the need for a private vehicle for shopping has also be eroded. Many families are discovering that they need one less car. The consequence here is that the total fleet of existing vehicles presently over supplies the need for private vehicle and this excess can take years to work off. When the supply of used vehicles is more than adequate for mobility needs, new sales will be depressed.

In the UK public transport usage is down, and might never recover. Journeys switching from public transport to cars have more than cancelled out less commuting and shopping trips (I don't know whether shopping trips have actually decreased in the UK). So COVID-19 seems to have had little effect on car usage, and has lead to a (temporary?) surge in car buying to replace public transport.

Hello All,

While I appreciate the Eurphora I think it's incredibly important to slow down and assess your stops if you are trading the shares. The share split is great, but overall the market is incredibly frenzied right now. ASSESS YOUR RISK.

Personally, I've been TSLA for a very long time on this forum because I have an incredibly long time horizon but remember this is incredibly volatile and we throw COVID onto the fire and it's more volatile. The good news is there's plenty of catalysts but it's a matter of if they are being priced in or not.

Hey guize, anything going on today with TSLA? Seems pretty quiet...
Up 77% since the split announcement.
OT, but I've been wanting some Google for a while. Bought a big chunk today. I figure if (when really) they announce a split they will be looking a double digit gain in the short term as well. Hard to imagine that half of the S&P 500 isn't considering it at this point.

See. Everyone wants to do what I do. I’m the newest Internet trendsetter and influencer. And it’s why I didn’t get the island (yet), but instead bought a mountain. In classic terms that’s called a head fake.
seems like an Island person like yourself would have a Manx Profile Photograph. Why not? (Plus they are one of the most badass cats.)
manx cat - Google Search