Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love Rob! but he did not win. He is to open minded and polite. I watched every second and it was painful... In the end whatshisface was grandstanding and picking out his next TV personality opponent so he could get more fame... Rob said maybe they could make that happen ;( ouch. Still love Rob.
The more GJ "wins" the more upside "surprises" Tesla can produce quarter after quarter. This is a game of speculation, which side can better predict future earnings. At the end of the day, it's not opinions that matters but the real numbers produced during earnings. So if GJ can word salad his flaw confusions into the mind of wallstreet folks then great. That will blind side them every time and we see a spike in SP. At the end, everything will work themselves out as long as you are not day trading or have a short time limit on holding this stock.

Hey, thanks for the "heads up"! I bought a nice amount as soon as I saw this post this morning (at $16.31). I only did 5 minutes of "research" and pulled the trigger. I figured if JB Straubel was on the BoD it must be legit! It really shot up at the end of the day there!

They call their battery tech "solid state". I hope Karen still respects me!

Thanks from me too to @AimC (hope I typed that correctly as for some reason your username doesn't pop up).

QuantamScape has been on my radar for a bit, but was unaware of the SPAC. I jumped in in after hours based on seeing a few interviews with the founder Jagdeep Singh, and based on the support of JB Straubel. Bill Gates, and his investment fund (which Branson, Jack Ma and others have invested in)

I vaguely remember seeing an interview with Elon sometime back, and I remember him saying that he only owns 1 stock - TSLA, but he does invest in friends ventures. Full disclosure: I have no idea if he's in on this one.

Didn't land the $16.31 deal that you got @StealthP3D , but landed my position @ $20.11.

I have no relation to the company other than the position I just took in it today. Thanks again to you and this amazing community @TMC for sharing !

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3 and gabeincal
I love Rob! but he did not win. He is to open minded and polite. I watched every second and it was painful... In the end whatshisface was grandstanding and picking out his next TV personality opponent so he could get more fame... Rob said maybe they could make that happen ;( ouch. Still love Rob.

Hmmm maybe it's just me. Any time I hear someone making an argument by not allowing anyone else to speak, it makes it 100x more difficult for them to convince me of anything. Gordon Johnson did not come anywhere close to convincing me of anything, and I would hope that anyone with any amount of intelligence would come to the same conclusion.

What happens at page 10,000 of this thread? Break off another one?
I'm hoping someone like @StealthP3D , @Artful Dodger , @ggr , @Right_Said_Fred , might step up and create "tesla-tsla-the-investment-world-the-2020-2021-investors-roundtable" thread if another thread is called for.

Edit- Or perhaps those folks might discuss and find a solution that might coax back the return of someone we haven't heard from in a long time...

Last edited:
It was good experience for Rob. First time I face a new situation I might be flat-footed, but the next time...
I give him credit for helping ME to understand the bear in the room today. Flat footed would have been 2 people cutting each other off. He's getting close to his enemy, as they say, and they appear to have no clothing on. Very informative. But if there's a win or lose as any debate goes, the angry one lost again.