Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maxpain is 430. Remember options manipulation works both ways.

Somebody defintiely doesn't want the stock moving upward, it's like a line straight down:

upload_2020-9-4_9-42-43.png

• Funny
Reactions: Tyler34
Always hurts so much buying on the way down and I always feel like a coward for not having bought more on the way up.

Looks like people are interested in being on board for after hours. Maybe we will finally be added. OTOH, does SP plummet after hours if no PR? Especially if PR issued but TSLA not included.

Getting tired of this S and P deal. Time for it to become history.

I thought that too, then the Cybertruck happened. And Rivian. I suspect if the vehicle is big enough they can get it the range (retro bus). But yeah the beetle is pretty weird shaped and may not have the battery space.

But they can always tuck the battery underneath and inside the front-left quarter panel (which took me almost 3 hrs to change BTW). My wife's Newer VW Convertible was sold (privately, never trade in) to buy our Model 3. The VW warranty expired, and I was so done with fixing my own cars, and little things starting to break and required a special socket set to drop the whole pan as needed to drain the oil - a messy chore, and yes I do all my own work. I recognize the difference when I go on a road trip. "Air?"

We compared costs and figured the Tesla would not be that much more money. Depreciation difference alone may have made up for the cost differential, let alone fuel costs. I haven't run the numbers, but did read that a Model 3 loses just 10% ave annual depreciation. I can believe that. Go price a used one.

Hmmm...that's a bit more bullish than I expected. I might be early on this one, but it will be interesting to see how it trades through the reverse merger.

FWIW like I did with DPHC I grabbed some warrants with couch cushion money... if it becomes a thing, awesome I can get real shares super cheap and with years to wait to see if it happens... if it doesn't I'm out the cost of a decent fancy meal.

I heard a "whisper number" of 130K quoted. I found that astonishingly high for Wall Street. But I do think that if the delivery number came in at, say, 110K, the stock would not react positively. It's not clear how they'd generate a massive increase in deliveries from Q3 to Q4, so it doesn't take much math to realize that 130K is more or less the minimum deliveries for Q3 if they want to achieve the 500K target for the year.

Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? Is this the problem? You've been WAKING UP EARLY for the last two days?!?!?

But isn't the dollar value the point? I don't think it much matter if a fund has to buy 1M shares of something or 5M shares of something... it matters what those shares cost and what their total cash outlay is going to be, especially compared to what they can expect to make from selling whatever gets booted out of the index. (Presumably something toward the bottom of the ranking is leaving, meaning they have to sell a position with a total value of "cheap" and buy into a position with a total value of "expensive" -- where's the money to cover the difference supposed to come from?)

Index funds also sell small pieces of many of the names that will remain in S&P 500 depending upon their new individual float-adjusted index weights.

I hope closing at $420 is not wishful thinking today, but I'll take anything over $400 going into the 3-day US holiday weekend!

TSLA being up +1% while AAPL is -1.73% and MSFT -2.84% and FB -3.15% shows our relative strength +3-5% over them.

View attachment 584339

@wipster must have went back to sleep :) :) :) or someone went to the doctor

Lol, just a tug of war with options is what is going on. Just look at the option flow in the past hour.

Buy calls, stock goes up...oh no I don’t like it so I’m going to see your calls and buy puts..stock goes down. Easy!

Edit: I’m going to watch the flow today and will post here if I see anything unusual.

7EFEC98F-1FE7-4D61-B6B4-AD8273EF2BB4.jpeg
5B2889DF-7605-41DF-8A4E-51086B745435.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know how you can say that you doubt Elon is interested in partnerships. He literally tweeted it out just a couple of weeks ago. Are you suggesting he was lying? Also, how often do auto execs get together to test drive each other’s cars? It just seems strange.

Let’s also remember that Electrify America (VW charging network) is powered by Tesla.

I think the USA is still very cheque-oriented. I heard many people still send a monthly mortgage cheque (is that true?). Last time I used a cheque, I had to dig out the chequebook from storage and manually cross out the 19 with 20 to get the right century. This was to pay a solicitor. They had no idea how to accept an electronic payment. Same solicitor, a few years later could accept electronic payments.

I have no idea if I even have a chequebook. I shall inquire of the postal pigeon after I return by horse carriage from arranging a Christmas turkey for Bob Cratchit and his adorable family.
Ya all are so far behind that you still spell check like a Frenchman.

OT

Glad to see TSLA is headed back to 420. Don't know if anyone watched A Late Show with Colbert last night but it was a repeat originally shown on 4/20 and appropriately the musical artist was... Willie Nelson and Sons! Great job of "Hello Walls" written by Willie and made popular by Faron Young. Very appropo in these days of quarantine!