Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I learned as I went and make shitloads.

Am I a trading genius? Nope. Big assist from a stock that went up and up and up. Still needed to have the brain to buy the LEAPS in the first place though.
I would argue that buying leaps is being an "options investor" instead of an "options trader." I also bought leaps, and dont consider myself an options trader. :D

I think this is OT. What do you guys make of JB's addition to the board of QuantumScape? It's not unusual for founders to join other boards, but this is a potential competitor. (presumably though JB also wants everything to move towards electric) On top of that you have the VW relationship which obviously has some Tesla connections too with the bromance between Elon and Diess.

Also, I'm wondering if we will hear anything about Redwood materials on battery day.
Board of Director is more like advisor than employee. Not an issue

Any thoughts that some news is pending?

I’ve been watching this stock daily for a very very very long time and today seems exceptionally bullish.

: edit clarification :

volume is low enough that it’s a move-able SP, but seems no sellers
SPoon.......j/k.....people finally realizing that its oversold and under valued....and its $TSLA :)

I think this is OT. What do you guys make of JB's being on the board of QuantumScape? It's not unusual for founders to join other boards, but this is a potential competitor. (presumably though JB also wants everything to move towards electric) On top of that you have the VW relationship which obviously has some Tesla connections too with the bromance between Elon and Diess.

Also, I'm wondering if we will hear anything about Redwood materials on battery day.
I think for the sake of his own credibility (and that of Redwood Materials), JB has to establish himself as completely separate and distinct from Tesla and Elon.

This is a very good thing for the movement going forward.

I would argue that buying leaps is being an "options investor" instead of an "options trader." I also bought leaps, and dont consider myself an options trader. :D

OK, but after my initial big LEAP win I started selling calls and puts, buying more LEAPs, rolling LEAPS, more short term calls, weeklies, etc.

Yes you can get burned, and I have, but with a few basic rules you can do just fine:
- don't bet the farm
- when the stock is low, buy LEAPS
- when the stock is trading in a range, sell puts/calls, but be aware that it will breakout up or down at any moment, so limit your risk

With $200k capital you can generate $10k a week selling weeklies when the stock is going nowhere.

Edit: looks like we were being capped, but we just broke out of it... $420 for the win? :D

Well we all give the bird to S&P right now, but you all realise that three weeks from now, Tesla are likely to post record P&D, which obviously means record profits, and likely profits even with regulatory credits removed.

So the whole S&P speculation machine will crank up again, but this time with a higher stock price and with a lot of people watching to see if S&P still has any relevance, so lots of pressure on them. Then again end of the year with even higher deliveries and profits, plus likely 1m+ delivery guidance for 2021.

I know they gave some highfalutin' "we do what we want, Tesla purple-patch" BS response last week, but if I were them then I'd surprise add Tesla this week, will cause less index carnage and limit the damage to what credibility they think they retain.
I’d like to throw in another point of view on this S&P inclusion stuff.
With $TSLA not in the index, it was/is easier for non-index funds to beat that index. Certainly some -or even most- fund managers have performance based contracts. Whether or not they outperform S&P becomes a very important metric in their personal wealth plan, this way.
So there’s a large, expected to be influential group of fund managers that has to find other ways to beat S&P than just track that index for 90% and allocate 10% to $TSLA.

Cheers to you, Dave, anyway.

Seeing and understand the financials of Tesla, while S

on our road to Battery day
Then as usual the sell the news event will take place.

Possibly! but to me it looks like large batches of shares being bid up because there aren’t enough available, and the buyers don’t care they’re adding multiple %s during big buys.

idk I’m not a big boy I swing 200k-1mil. But when I do swing it I’m not giving away 1-2% during my buy order.

Something’s brewing

Any thoughts that some news is pending?

I’ve been watching this stock daily for a very very very long time and today seems exceptionally bullish.

: edit clarification :

volume is low enough that it’s a move-able SP, but seems no sellers
Last week we got punished hard as gamblers bailed in droves. In doing so, they left behind a big hole, unjustified by the market correction. Now that the market is recovering a bit, buyers are quickly filling it.

Reactions: Destination
Possibly! but to me it looks like large batches of shares being bid up because there aren’t enough available, and the buyers don’t care they’re adding multiple %s during big buys.

idk I’m not a big boy I swing 200k-1mil. But when I do swing it I’m not giving away 1-2% during my buy order.

Something’s brewing

Sometimes those strong moves up are indicative of delta hedging by MMs. I think someone upthread mentioned a strong flow for 9/18 420c but I haven’t looked to see how big.

That being said, large buyers most certainly want to get in ahead of Battery Day. It will definitely be a buy the rumor event. The question is whether it will be a sell the news event.

• Informative
Reactions: WarpedOne
I think you don't understand ARK. For one thing, it is a very small company. 25 people are mentioned in their "about us" page, including the admin assistant. They have analysts dedicated to the disruptive technologies they invest in. One of the reasons TSLA is in a couple of their funds is because they recognize that Tesla is disruptive in multiple fields. BUT, they don't have a fund that invests in energy, so they don't have an analyst capable of including Tesla Energy in their estimates. Simple, honest.

My guess is they will want someone in energy soon then. Most of the largest revenue companies in the world are energy companies. And energy is a sector that Tesla is definitely attempting to disrupt. Isn't Tesla's mission statement something like, "Accelerating the advent of sustainable energy." I get Ark has limited resources, but this is one of the biggest sectors being disrupted and TSLA is one of their biggest holdings. Ark prides itself on non silod approach to analysis. To silo off energy even with limited human resources still seems a mistake to me. But I am not invested in Ark mostly because I do not agree with their 10% rule around portfolio management. And I do think they are some the smartest people around which is why I bet that soon after battery day they will start looking for someone in energy. To truly be able to understand TSLA you need expertise in auto, tech, and energy. There is no way around that.

I think this is OT. What do you guys make of JB's being on the board of QuantumScape? It's not unusual for founders to join other boards, but this is a potential competitor. (presumably though JB also wants everything to move towards electric) On top of that you have the VW relationship which obviously has some Tesla connections too with the bromance between Elon and Diess.

@DaveT discusses JB in one of his recent videos on YouTube:

My two cents: JB seems like a decent man and it seems implausible that he would be so greedy to just be on the board to get a stake in the company. But who knows?

410, I hear ya' knockin'... :D

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-09-14.14-52.png

Cheers!

Last edited: