Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have almost 50% of my wealth tied up in this one company and therefore want to know as much as is possible about my investment. The thing I appreciate more than anything is honesty. You do not get BS from Elon and his team, you get the truth. It is not dressed up with one eye on the share price, it's the full picture. Every one of them is full of enthusiasm and they all seem to be experts in their field.

The developments outlined yesterday improved my understanding of the future plans and reinforced my belief that my money is in good hands for at least the next decade. I thought it was brilliant.
Well said. The only people who are disappointed are those who don't get it, or wanted a $200 SP bump overnight. Too bad for them. I like Elon and co. because there's no b.s. and empty suits with perfectly coiffed hair, just scientists/engineers working on hard problems. I feel extremely safe putting nearly every penny I have in TSLA.

It's funny, but a cursory glance at the mainstream media this morning doesn't reveal a lot negativity, even Deutsche bank gave a PT raise to $500.

I have been researching buying a model y for awhile now and have just read god knows how many pages of this thread. The knowledge of the people here is amazing. I am excited about Tesla’s future but I admittedly don’t have any expertise in buying individual stocks (all index funds) as I always thought the risk wasn’t worth it.

however, I am contemplating buying a sizable amount of Tesla stock (maybe 5-10% of my investment portfolio-approx $75,000+) and was wondering if now would be a good time to jump in or if it’s too late? FYI, my investing horizon is 10+ years easily. Wish I got the urge to do it 6 months ago and feel that I have already missed out.
  1. don't buy all your TSLA position at once
  2. dollar cost average purchases over time
  3. when the volatility hits HODL and buy more chairs
  4. TSLA will be worth a lot more in 10+ years it is now ~$370 B , multi-Trillion in 10 years
  5. not advice :rolleyes:

lol this guy just makes a fool of himself again and again. Good on Andrew to call his BS. Move to 4:20 for the good part, yes 4:20 :). So Gordon which one is it? Demand or supply?

so VW will "push out" 4 million EVs the next few years -- is that in the same sense as Nikola "pushed" their truck up the hill to roll it down ? So far thats exactly what we saw from ID3's sitting in the tent waiting for software so they can drive...

Yeah, I was waiting for them to talk about using single crystals in the cathode, but they didn't....

They didn't not, though! Amazing that the Jeff Dahn stuff was not mentioned. Adding that back in, yesterday's WOW becomes a double WOW.

I think the were very candid about the engineering to get up 56% / down 69%..... I saw lots of sandbags lying inconspicuously about the stage :)

This.

I do the same thing with every Tesla announcement:

1) I avoid my usual information channels (TMC, electrek, Tesla Daily, etcetera) completely as to avoid spoilers.

2) I watch the event in full without any external input. (I don't understand the concept of "reaction video livestreams" for that matter).

3) I make up my mind regarding how the announcement/reveal will affect the (future of the) company.

4) I visit the above channels and start comparing my views with others.

Sometimes I only catch up on these once-a-year events days/weeks later, but given my long term investment horizon, it's just as if I heard it the day itself.

I poured a beer and sat on my couch and watched on YouTube. At several points, I cheered at my TV. Then I fell into giggles as I realized how ****ed ICE are.

I'm a 40-something year old man and I sat alone giggling like a little kid.

It was fantastic.

option stats.png

Option IV has crept down from 115%-120% over the last week and is hovering around 101%. With the drop in IV premium and what to me was a mind-blowing battery day there is more call buying than put buying. So far 334k calls have been purchased versus 171k puts today.

Like many have said, today looks like a good opportunity to grab LEAPS.

Doubled down this morning @ $26.02

Battery Day delayed reaction.
3Q numbers
Inclusion?

Give me all three of those and we cross $600.
For the record I know You weren’t giving advice, but I decided to copy you. I hope you know what you’re doing. Won’t hold against you if you don’t. My price $22.35. The first options I’ve ever purchased. Throwing some beginners luck your way.

I wish they would sell some of the batteries so we can make some cool boats and stuff.
Yesterday's battery day presentation just gave me further conviction to put all my eggs in one basket. Sold off my remaining holdings and now i am 100% in $TSLA with my purchase this morning....my time frame is till 2030 and i have made out nicely already up till now. But.....Elon and co. just signaled the death of ICE yesterday and i am 100% convinced $TSLA will be the world's most valuable company in 2030, maybe even sooner :)
I want to go all in, but just can't with macro unemployment lingering near-term. I expect a macro crash so I just settle on about 65% TSLA now. But I did pick up 25 more shares this AM.

I wish they would sell some of the batteries so we can make some cool boats and stuff.

I want to go all in, but just can't with macro unemployment lingering near-term. I expect a macro crash so I just settle on about 65% TSLA now. But I did pick up 25 more shares this AM.
If your time frame is 5-10 years....it's not going to matter....which is what i based my decision on. I was going to do the DCA route...but im 100% convinced and the entry SP will be a moot point for my long term goal.