Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I got out of Rob's interview is that Gordon's position is that production/ sales will go up, but so will costs, prices will drop, so the revenue/ profit has peaked.
Don't agree with that, but it is at least less self contradictory.

Thank you for the translation. All I heard was blah, blah, blah, I’m talking out my arse, blah, blah, blah, I get paid by the word, blah, blah, blah, I wonder what I’ll have for dinner, harmonica, purple, dusty, spanx.

Here's today's Tech chart as of 09:30 AM

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-09-23.09-30.png

Cheers!

Did they mention an estimate on weight savings by using the cells as structural components? I may have missed that. That bit really made me perk up.

I was operating until 1am, so I haven't read all the posts since BD. But that was the most incredible look into the future of battery cells and manufacturing at Tesla, with complete domination and a 2T market cap guaranteed. Anyone who doesn't buy and hold TSLA is a moron.
I have to assume you are one of the few forum members who doesn't spend half the work day staring at the stock ticker. ;)

I love the specs, but I must admit I will be very disappointed if the Plaid S does not come with a refreshed interior and design cues from the Roadster 2.0.

Not sure how many of you follow the sentiment on Reddit, but /r/cars typically deletes posts about Tesla and bans users for posting about EVs...

But this morning they're fawning over the Model S Plaid specs: Plaid Model S will do 0-60 in under 2 seconds, and is now available for preorder. Available late 2021. : cars

Is this a new model on the drawing board? Looks like a fast hatch, a smaller Model Y.

There's a massive (competitive) market to which they don't have access at the moment because their vehicles are too large. Might have been a sneak peek at a compact hatch sketch.

Obviously they know how competitive that market is, hence the $25k with gadgets comment.

This is just an obvious evolution, because the cells need to be cheaper and available at massive scale:
Roadster used commodity cells.
Model S had physically modified cells created with a chosen recipe.
Model 3 had cells locally manufactured, with Tesla working more closely with the cell manufacturer.
Next generation vehicles will have cells manufactured by Tesla.