Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
KqYWYsv.gif

On topic: This year, we have not broken below the lower BB since the COVID bottom. I bet that's not gonna happen today or next week.
Out of curiosity what is everyone's boilinger band settings? I set mine at 3 delta.

He just was not comfortable. If the car stayed straight it would have been safe. He should have let the car progress further

Ya weird, on the map, it looks like the car plotted the right path and detected everything correctly. For some reason it's turning and using the shortest sharpest path instead of using a, smooth rounded corner path.

• Informative
Reactions: PANN
I have had 2 x 2013 Model S's. There were at least 2 significant recalls to date on those cars.

We're those major recalls? I've been driving Model S since 2013 and never had to come back, but during regular services they fixed some minor issues that were on the bulletin and could be classified as minor recalls (not major enough to ask owners to come in for).

Surprising number of recalls surfaced since ER. People are digging for dirt, huh?

On a sidenote, I’m trying the trick to sell cheap puts to expand my margin and avoid my usual margin call but no matter what price I select, ETrade tells me I have insufficient funds. Any thoughts...?

Pretty sure you have to buy the puts, not sell them.

We're those major recalls? I've been driving Model S since 2013 and never had to come back, but during regular services they fixed some minor issues that were on the bulletin and could be classified as minor recalls (not major enough to ask owners to come in for).

Consider yourself lucky if you’ve never had to have your S repaired for shudder issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Sudre and bkp_duke
This is what I use but I would LOVE to know if this isn't correct. It's simply the default setting on ThinkorSwim. Sometimes you guys mention bands that are different than what I'm seeing on the daily. Help a n00b! lol

View attachment 601634

It's whatever the majority is using that will be most accurate since it is TA

They were both NHTSA mandated recalls (I have a friend that used to work for NHTSA that made me aware of them). I would have to look them up, but they caught my attention because I have 2 cars with "salvage" titles (really minor accidents, but a Model S used to get totaled for nearly nothing). That means those two cars have ZERO support by Tesla, but when there is a federally-mandated recall, they fix even the salvage title cars, which they did in my case.

What happened to Max Pain at $430? This is hopefully going to bounce back today.
One really should not follow what is in print about max pain. It moves around everyday all day. I don't know how many times that has to be explained before it is figured out. Also 430 is an average of many groups. We have no clue who has the power. For the entire week THEY were not concerned about 430 altho THEY would have made extra profits if it closed there.

I would expect this to push up to >$420 but THEY are not really bothering to push the stock around this week because as many have tried to explain before THEY are only interested in the money they make off premiums. They already have the stock to hand out at a average price significantly UNDER whatever people can push it up or down to.

Note I think 420 PUTS went up slightly and CALL under that went down.

Now if we had dropped into the $3xx price range I think THEY would have felt some pain.

What I do find interesting is the complete lack of interest in the stock. Analysts are not panning this ER. They are saying it was a great quarter. The only ones saying anything negative are the people that even the idiots know are idiots and that's why the price is following macros with the typical TSLA multiple. I really thought the price had not factored in some of the things that were accomplished this past quarter. Next week will indicate that for sure. If everything was priced in then these low $400s is where we hang around until positive news on the macro side or from TSLA..... or negative.

Does anyone think that maybe people are holding off waiting for the first FSD beta accident? I know to you and me that is a trivial thing but maybe since FSD beta is out there is a general fear that there will be some major accident in the news and that will tank the price. Your thought?

FRI graph from this morning....
4FRI.png

Thursday....
3THUR.png

One really should not follow what is in print about max pain. It moves around everyday all day. I don't know how many times that has to be explained before it is figured out. Also 430 is an average of many groups. We have no clue who has the power. For the entire week THEY were not concerned about 430 altho THEY would have made extra profits if it closed there.

I would expect this to push up to >$420 but THEY are not really bothering to push the stock around this week because as many have tried to explain before THEY are only interested in the money they make off premiums. They already have the stock to hand out at a average price significantly UNDER whatever people can push it up or down to.

Note I think 420 PUTS went up slightly and CALL under that went down.

Now if we had dropped into the $3xx price range I think THEY would have felt some pain.

What I do find interesting is the complete lack of interest in the stock. Analysts are not panning this ER. They are saying it was a great quarter. The only ones saying anything negative are the people that even the idiots know are idiots and that's why the price is following macros with the typical TSLA multiple. I really thought the price had not factored in some of the things that were accomplished this past quarter. Next week will indicate that for sure. If everything was priced in then these low $400s is where we hang around until positive news on the macro side or from TSLA..... or negative.

Does anyone think that maybe people are holding off waiting for the first FSD beta accident? I know to you and me that is a trivial thing but maybe since FSD beta is out there is a general fear that there will be some major accident in the news and that will tank the price. Your thought?

FRI graph from this morning....
View attachment 601635

Thursday....
View attachment 601636

On top of it all. The true max pain should account for options sold only by MM. But the data we get includes everyone's open positions.one of these days when I've finished all my other projects,, I am going to code something to calculate this.

1/7 of daily average volume in the first half hour. Shockingly the price is fading though. Who the hell is selling now?

It's ok. Will take time lol
I have had 2 x 2013 Model S's. There were at least 2 significant recalls to date on those cars.

Yup. One was the Takata that was blanket in the auto industry and another big one was the voluntary one with the back seat bolt. Also a third was for the battery pack shield if it affected your MY

So TSLA is down $13B today because of a recall?? Fantastic, I was looking for an opportunity to leverage. Q4 earnings is going to be incredible.

To be fair Q3 #s were also incredible and the stock is down $11/share from close right before announcement of them.

I have heard from a couple of the folks I mentioned I dunno maybe a week ago in here- the folks who say the huge run earlier this year was anticipatory of Tesla executing excellently going forward- basically with a "told ya so" that an ER showing them doing that didn't start another huge run, because it's essentially all priced in now and the company needs to catch up some to its current valuation before it can run some more.

It does make a certain amount of sense- though I think depending on the speed of the new FSD improvement it may or may not hold up long as that at least was certainly not priced in.

Really impressive. Couple questions, though, (1) How does it know that right turn on red is legal in the instant locale? Not all jurisdictions have that and even in those who do, there are exceptions o on an intersection-by-intersection basis - where it is prohibited. (2) How does it handle school zones, where the speed limit applies only during certain times and/or conditions, or as in some cases, when the light is blinking?

Well the right on red thing is pretty easy. The car will know if it’s permitted in a given city. As for case by case intersections, if the car can read other traffic signs, I don’t see why it couldn’t read a no-right on red sign.