Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This.

There will be steady buying pressure but the S and P stretched it over five weeks. The pros are being patient. That is their job.

A skyrocketing SP depends on hedge funds and retail buying and holding and being patient and putting the screws to the funds. I am betting on it but it is not guaranteed. How many hedge funders and retail investors wait weeks? :rolleyes:

No doubt, many are using this as a sell the news event, especially after the 60 point pop in the morning.

One way or another this will be a grind, and it probably not work out the way you think. Market is like that.
You have to think that if Tesla was a media darling it would be different.
Instead the likes of CNBC act like Tesla walked into a dinner party with muddy shoes and farted.

That was impressive - a bit of volume came in allowing TSLA to push to exactly $440 - then, boom! Capping. We need volume to come back so that the capping type orders get filled. Right now, orders of only about 1,000 - 1,500 shares are allowing bring-downs. For those with Level II, also notice the order to sell 10,000 shares that is just sitting at $443.79 right now. Seems odd. Ok, this is getting old, I know. So, I will stop.

Was thinking a bit about Shanghai. It seems MIC Model 3 is close to fully ramped. Model Y MIC production should start soon and be fully ramped in a year. In one year the factory in Shanghai will be pretty much up and running at full capacity. It has been a great success already contributing to profits.Tesla is flush with cash, Austin and Berlin will be ramping for many years. But what is next for China? If building a new factory takes ~1year and then another year to ramp, now would be a good time to start building the next factory.

Shanghai seems like a great success, so why not build another factory in Shanghai. Or in Guangdong. But for what? Model 2? Semi? Energy/Solar? What do you guys think is next for China and when will it be announce?

That was impressive - a bit of volume came in allowing TSLA to push to exactly $440 - then, boom! Capping. We need volume to come back so that the capping type orders get filled. Right now, orders of only about 1,000 - 1,500 shares are allowing bring-downs. For those with Level II, also notice the order to sell 10,000 shares that is just sitting at $443.79 right now. Seems odd. Ok, this is getting old, I know. So, I will stop.

Please don't.
I for one enjoy your insight.

This should cause a 'to the moon' rise in SP any second....
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

upload_2020-11-17_9-42-11.png

If the S&P 500 administrators decide to have the index funds buy in two tranches, what is going to regulate that they actually buy in two tranches? If I'm a fund administrator and I think the buying in the first tranche will cause the stock price to rise, then wouldn't i want to do all of my buying in the first tranche so my fund gets in cheaper than those that buy in the second tranche? Is there going to be a pinky promise to buy in half and half?

Note that this week is a monthly options expiration as well I believe? As such, the MM's will be working harder than normal to try to keep their options in the money. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any more significant rise until next week.

Stop selling and you’ll be a winner all day long, every day.
Thats the only way I can accumulate more shares though...

Bought back in this morning and now it is drilling.

I should have sold more shares instead of buying them, then bought back this afternoon damn.

Can't win them all, losing alwayse feels worse, but in general I think I had the right idea, just didn't expect that random after hours BS.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: computerchuck
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!

But fear not, 21.5 trading days after today until the 21/12, so plenty of time, and the index funds won't start until the week before the add.

I guess this week the manips are aiming for $422.50 if they can manage it. If some more volume comes along then delta-hedging will do its thing.

But indeed, who the hell would be selling right now? It's a very good question...

If the S&P 500 administrators decide to have the index funds buy in two tranches, what is going to regulate that they actually buy in two tranches? If I'm a fund administrator and I think the buying in the first tranche will cause the stock price to rise, then wouldn't i want to do all of my buying in the first tranche so my fund gets in cheaper than those that buy in the second tranche? Is there going to be a pinky promise to buy in half and half?
This is why it surprises me that they are suggesting two periods that overlap. This will add so many decisions for the fundmanagers that they can screw up. Which is against the idea of the funds. The whole point is that it should be easy to follow the index requiring less decisions. This is one of the reasons why index funds have lower fees to begin with.

Had they used two tranches that didn't overlap theses new type of decisions no one will know how to handle wouldn't have to be made.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
Had they used two tranches that didn't overlap theses new type of decisions no one will know how to handle wouldn't have to be made.

To generalize, the mere fact that they are even consulting about the inclusion modalities is a huge sign of weakness for me. Strong leadership would have analyzed and made a decision, and be done with it. Uncertainty and entropy are the opposite