Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today TSLA reached within $0.01 / share of me reaching a double 'naire. WTF can't believe this actually happened in 2020.

Yeah dude. I was facing a margin call and had a brokerage balance of $13,000 in June of...could it really be, last year? To now holding over a million dollars. Boggles. The. Mind.

some clarification from Shirley Meng on Elon's 50 cent comment.

https://twitter.com/YingShirleyMen1/status/1331276061351452672?s=20

dd88e75b19c257aa371eb68d53629c7b.png

Interesting, the twitter video clip of Elon this is based on is actually from the video i posted above:
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

• Helpful
Reactions: Thekiwi
Benzinga - 10 minutes ago: How The Biden Administration Could Benefit EV Players In The US

Excerpt:

Are Tax Incentives Ahead? Restoration of the EV tax credit for Tesla Inc is central to steepening the demand adoption curve for consumers in the U.S., Ives said.

Personally, I think tax incentives might actually have a slightly negative impact on TSLA's position overall - even as it helps speed the transition to sustainability.

I'm hoping Andrew Yang gets a Cabinet level position.

Elon interview supposedly of today, original source unclear:

EDIT: Seems like source is some conference, possibly located in Europe (interviewer mentions it).

O.k., found some context:

The European Battery Alliance has reached more than 500 members from the industry three years after its foundation At the European Conference on Batteries, politicians and entrepreneurs discussed the future of battery production in Europe – with a prominent guest from California.
Europe is getting help from China & Tesla on battery cells - electrive.com

Nobody can predict these things but I would guess the share price is going to get soft well before the actual inclusion dates. There are bound to be a lot of speculators buying now so they can sell shares to the index funds at what they hope will be a higher price. But there is no guarantee it will be - that's why it's called "speculation". So it comes down to the balance of willing sellers and buyers (as it always does). And no one can predict that with any certainty.

Tesla is quickly getting into the area where there may not be enough capital that is allocated to short-term speculation to move the stock price meaningfully.

Not that I knew what to expect, but this action over a holiday week is excellent.

I do. Maybe one day I’ll hire someone to do it for me. Seems a waste as long as I’m able-bodied. But I’m open to adjusting my lifestyle.
I'd make a joke here about it being more fun to pay people to take your pants off, but out of respect for the community I won't go that blue.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: JRP3 and Krugerrand
OT before the market opens:
1. One key thing to remember here relative to Germany and debt: while debt certainly is Germany's to service, the printing press is managed by the European Central Bank, and not Germany (even though they have "some" influence).

2. Germany will do whatever it can to save it's domestic auto industry to a point - the tipping point will be when 2 / 3 big auto in Germany has sustainably transitioned to some form of sustainable transportation, AND the supply chain has also caught up. Once there is a clear transition to a sustainable auto industry supply chain, they might let 1/3 big auto fail as sacrificial lambs

Reason: it's all about jobs - and jobs in Germany win elections.....!

I do not doubt that at some point there may be a sacrificial lamb. But the idea that Germany would simply allow its car industry to fail overall due to their stupidity - no way.

Germany has low debt to GDP ratio compared to other industrialized countries. They can definitely lay down tens of billions without breaking a sweat.

You can say that Germany does not control the Euro printing press, but maybe someone should let the rest of Europe know that so they could have a good laugh.

My advice... buy a Model Y now (especially if you are currently driving an ICE). It will be a while before you can test drive a Cybertruck. The Y will hold its value better than just about any car. It will be the best car you've ever owned. You will save a ton on gas. You can always trade it in for a Cybertruck when they are available.

I am contemplating buying my MY sooner. Currently have a 2015 Crosstrek (long paid for) and if I didn't love this car so dang much I'd have pulled the trigger already.

If the stock goes up a lot more than I expect it to next year I'll likely buy a MY as a simple "Thank You" to Tesla and Elon, LOL!!!!

That's not a good light for her to try to cover Elon's gaffe. The 4780 cells are closer to 100wh per cell, so nowhere close to 10wh. I happen to be fiddling with the 2170 cells, and those are 18wh per cell! So Elon either misspoke or is targeting a target cost way far into the future.

Elon's 50 cent per kWh comment is probably a miss-speak, however Sodium cells and possibly Lithium-Sulphur cells could potentially reach that cost. The key is using only cheap abundant elements.

Reactions: AZRI11
I agree with Fact Checking's advice on this. I've been using this strategy during a couple of unanticipated runs and it allows keeping the premium and the shares regardless of what the SP does (no steamroller). I don't agree with Gary's 1 week durations though. Not enough time nor premium to make it worthwhile or to allow the SP to stabilize from sudden unanticipated events.