Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robinhood options being sold off+ delta-hedges unloading + I suspect an opportunistic attempt at <$820 for the MM's

What I don't get is why this wouldn't be counteracted by those mythical benchmark funds gobbling-up the lower prices, but volume is dreadful.

I agree, and I think the answer to your question is that the benchmark fund managers are sitting out the dip, wondering how low it will go. When there's a clear recovery, they will start buying again. They really don't understand the usual Friday afternoon push-downs by the options sellers. As you and I know, by Tuesday, there's a good chance we see a gap-up on open and they've lost their discount for buying.

The other consideration is that we've seen progressively lower volume this week compared to last Friday's. We're likely seeing some of the funds reaching their quota of TSLA shares, so there are fewer buyers as we progress onward. Fortunately, with ER on Jan 27, the event will spur on additional buying by a different set of investors or traders for positioning prior to the ER.

Anyone wanna guess close based on max pain?

Maximum-pain at $550 makes no sense due to huge amount of low valued puts.
However - a put spike at 820 and 850 in the open chart.
And an even larger one on traded volume (todays?) - which indicate 830 as a goal for mm.

Will some fund push it just above 820 or 830 to back shares through puts? Or will MM push it below 820?

Stock Option Max Pain

The big put floor is $800, no? $819 is the target but the gains for the MM's are *that* big there, so anywhere below $850 OK, looks pretty neutral on the puts/calls

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if the quality issues are as bad as the ID.3 issues. Time will tell and I think only infotainment is OTA for the Mach-e. Correct?

Spoke to an ex VW strategy guy recently, and he thinks that the manufacturing might of VW is going to help a lot for cranking out EV's from them, even if they might be slightly behind for now. Seems to me that most are still unaware of "single casting press" party that Tesla has going on for them.
Super smart guy, he is building interesting stuff in computer vision space.

Last edited:
It's weird that they aren't paying up when Tesla clearly has more than enough to do it. Is delaying a few days to the 20th really worth it?

Nearby to where I live there is an endangered toad. Legislation was passed requiring that a fee be paid by anyone building in the area, as a sort of insurance, if, at some time in the future it is found a toad habitat might have been impacted by the construction.

A friend was building a house and mentioned this requirement. I looked it up. The legislation never provided any funding for enforcement. The requirement had no teeth. I told him not to pay the ransom. He didn't. Over a decade later nothing has come of it.

Perhaps, this is a similar thing going on in Germany. Tesla knows there is no enforcement, nor, a punishment clause for non-compliance and from a legal standpoint it is actually a non-issue.

If it were important to the construction it will be dealt with smoothly, as everything usually is when a Gigafactory is built.

Elon could pay this with his pocket change, something else must be going on.

0EE7358C-A8C4-4E1E-B6FB-A9F0738A398F.jpeg

Well, being Texas, we'll have to invent some kind of kick-ass margarita using Tesla tequila. Any volunteers?
I'm a big fan of the way Churchill took his martinis.

Ingredients: Teslaquila, lime juice, simple syrup, triple sec.

Directions: mix 3 oz Teslaquila with one cube of ice. That's it. Enjoy!