Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't shoot the messenger, but I haven't found this posted here yet. It is qualified as a rumor but there are 2 pictures included. The point is not actual car fire (could be anything, really), but rather to give you guys a heads up on the potential incoming FUD storm.

[Rumor] MIC Model 3 exploded in Shanghai

Please don't shoot the messenger, but I haven't found this posted here yet. It is qualified as a rumor but there are 2 pictures included. The point is not actual car fire (could be anything, really), but rather to give you guys a heads up on the potential incoming FUD storm.

Hard to tell what car that is. Maybe others can see more in the 2nd pic. Regardless, Tesla will have logs if this is truly a Tesla.

Reminds me of the "exploding" Model S video in a Chinese Garage years back that was in my understanding not an explosion at all and it took them 6 months to investigate and report that someone inflamed the car intentionally and the battery even then never burned.

TeslaQ and the media were reporting about it for weeks and months but not one article when the truth came out.

I can give the same example from a Model S that according to an over who drove it against a tree in Austria exploded. He said he was on AP was Tesla proved he disengaged. The car burned down but the battery didn't burn at all. Big story in Europe with no one reporting after the rumor plop to be fake.

I don't believe we should put any attention on this kind of "reports" and better disregard them.

These. Are. Not. The. Same. Thing.

And, in fact, are mutually incompatible (one cannot strive to reach an annual production capacity and actually produce that capacity in the same year, unless the capacity one strove to reach is higher than that reported).

Journalism is hard and stuff, but this sort of inconsistency of reporting drives me up a wall.
Language barrier....a lot of things get lost in translation...esp from Asian languages -- English.

At Senate nomination hearing, Biden's choice for treasury secretary, Janet Yellen, said electric vehicles are a good way to address climate change and create jobs for Americans.

I've seen a few folks pretty excited about this for sales purposes- but I'm not sure why.

If tesla already can sell every car they make, how do things like an EV-focused cash for clunkers, or a revival of the federal EV tax credit help? They're already going to sell 100% of production either way.

Seems like the only folks this would really help is GM who right now are having to offer crazy high incentives to move Bolts.

(to be fair, even just doing THAT is good for Teslas overall mission- but I don't see the financial reason to get that excited about it)

Reminds me of the "exploding" Model S video in a Chinese Garage years back that was in my understanding not an explosion at all and it took them 6 months to investigate and report that someone inflamed the car intentionally and the battery even then never burned.

TeslaQ and the media were reporting about it for weeks and months but not one article when the truth came out.

I can give the same example from a Model S that according to an over who drove it against a tree in Austria exploded. He said he was on AP was Tesla proved he disengaged. The car burned down but the battery didn't burn at all. Big story in Europe with no one reporting after the rumor plop to be fake.

I don't believe we should put any attention on this kind of "reports" and better disregard them.

Agreed. Hard to fathom why a single car fire, with as many Teslas as there are on the road, is newsworthy at this point.

Wow, I didn't know it was arson. It's true that the real stories no one hears about, just the initial headlines.

I find it intriguing that the tires and front fenders seem to still be intact. Wouldn't they have been in the direction of the flame-redirection (as seen on model S battery fires) and thus amongst the first to have been burned away? And assuming the foam retardant is the reason why the charred body structure is light-colored, why aren't the tires also covered in foam?

Since we are speculating - could it be a gas leak in the car from someone transporting ie a propane gas cointainer?

• Informative
Reactions: ThisStockGood
Surprise! /s

"VW I.D. Buzz Delayed; Rally-Inspired Ford Ranger - Autoline Daily 2996"

Volkswagen ID. Buzz Delayed Until 2023 For US Customers
Tesla goes from breaking ground on a new factory to rolling new cars out the door in 11 months. The ID. Buzz was first teased in 2017 but its roots go back to 2012 and the beginning of the current EV revolution. So it is going to take Volkswagen 6 years to get the car into American showrooms after what will amount to an 11 year gestation period. Unbelievable.
This is so laughable and pathetic. Somebody needs to tweet Elon to put out a concept version of this vehicle to punk VW. They could wait until April Fools Day, show the CGI press release, then come back a month later with a working prototype and open the ordering platform. Call it the Tesla Trip-e.:eek: