Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering, does anyone else trade just using the TSLA summary chart? I think it's quite simple with less noise.

Tempt me more bastards!!!

upload_2021-1-29_10-49-27.png

No, but shortzes are working to get 800 to crack in a few minutes. Hunting the stops.
glad we got those stop losses at 800 out of the way. can we move back up now?

Indeed, weak longs (includes day traders) with tight round number stop loss limits are likely being harvested by short selling hedge funds. The cascading effect is much like toppling dominoes. So far $800 and $790 limits have cracked, but near $780 has brought in buyers. Getting back above $790 may inspire the hedge funds to cover their shorts at a profit.

Indeed, weak longs (includes day traders) with tight round number stop loss limits are being harvested by short selling hedge funds. The cascading effect is much like toppling dominoes. So far $800 and $790 limits have cracked, but near $780 has brought in buyers. Getting back above $790 may inspire the hedge funds to cover their shorts at a profit.
People are still setting stop losses at prices like 800? I really don't get it, Tesla might not have stock price exponential growth anymore but surely it looks like it can grow into the current price now. I'll never understand their psyche and luckily I'm just a hodler so I don't really have to.

Also, are we playing knife juggling games today? Mine filled at 783

What I don’t understand about shorting is how someone can borrow a share of stock and sell it, while the original owner can also sell it. Seems to me that if a share is truly borrowed, then the lender should not be able to sell it until the borrower gives it back. This would discourage people from lending shares in the first place unless they want to take that risk. They should also be compensated by borrower to guard against this risk. eg I lend you one share and get back 1.1 shares.

The brokerage is working with the pool of all their clients assets. Just like hard cash you withdraw at the bank is not the exact bills you deposited, as long as the brokerage has shares to let you sell, it all works. So in you example, someone else's shares become the borrowed ones.

If the buyer is outside the inital firm there is no transparency on if the share was original or borrowed.

I’m on my anti-impossibly-precise bandwagon again today (am thus only on days ending in “y”).

Who wants to criticize Oppenheimer’s Colin Rusch, with his Street-high target for TSLA of $1036?

I do.
Mr Rusch: if Tesla split 10:1, would you give a target if $103.60?

You cannot induce accuracy with precision.
Um, there’s an implicit axiom that the rounder the number the less precise it is? o_O