Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember when I said we were at/close to the local top at around the 800ish mark and then several members here flamed me, saying that dips were not a possibility? :D

Everything is playing out like I wanted it to. TSLA is following a similar pattern to the GME short squeeze: people holding a stock isn't enough for the price to move upwards; people have to also buy the stock. There are not many people who believe TSLA is a buy at the $800 mark, so people are holding, but not buying. There is no major catalyst for TSLA in the short-term, so I expect the slow bleed to continue for months. TSLA needs to either have a blowout quarter or make major progress with FSD for the next upwards movement. Q1 and Q2 will both fall short of expectations, I predict. FSD won't be solved this year, and there will be no hype for it. Don't be surprised if this is a bearish year for TSLA.

I hope TSLA falls to the sub-$500 price range so I can load up with my bitcoin gains when it hits $500,000+.

Still can't believe people here thought that TSLA would continue its parabolic rise this year. Just LOL... :oops:

So sure of yourself. That's one way to lose a lot of money in the market.

LOL at the disagrees.
Where am I wrong? Are you guys denying we had a dip? Are you guys denying the low volumes of TSLA (Indicates very little buying)?

Tell us. Where is the major catalyst that can induce buying pressure? I don't see it this year. Learn from the GME squeeze. Holding isn't enough. People have to actually BUY the stock for it to move up. Right now, no one is buying.

This is just flat out WRONG.

Statistically speaking, the TX grid is just as reliable as any other grid in the USA:
https://www.nerc.com/pa/RAPA/PA/Performance Analysis DL/NERC_SOR_2020.pdf

I lived in TX for more than a decade, the fact is that this place is NOT prepared for temperatures below 20F, period.

Yes, the Texan powerplants' missing ability to operate in cold weather is a real problem.

This problem is however exacerbated by Texas' power grid being very poorly interconnected to neighboring grids. Such interconnectors would make participating grids on _both_ ends more resilient to sudden reductions in generating power. As such, a power grid interconnector can be seen as a giant electricity buffer (subject to capacity issues, just like an actual buffer).

The problem seems to be not just missing investments in such infrastructure, the Texan grid seems to suffer from local power generating utilities having purposefully lobbied against better interconnectors.

The reason would be that power grid interconnectors also even out prices between the grids they connect (just like a trade route for tangible goods) - taking away the ability of local power generating utilities to set prices as they wish.

It should be noted that the ability of Northern Europe to integrate vast amounts of wind turbine generated power into their power grids (e.g. 55% in Denmark in 2019 [1]) rides on extensive investments in interconnectors. Interconnectors are also a main reason why power outs are very rare in Northern Europe.

PS. [1] Wind power in Denmark - Wikipedia

Cathie Wood said ARK is buying. Someone has to be buying to make it go up from the session low which was about $30 lower than it is right now

Yes, you are right. ARK and a few other hyper-bulls are buying, but that isn't enough for the price to go up significantly, especially not at $800 billion marketcap.
I'm also a TSLA bull, but I'm being realistic. Tesla needs to induce some kind of buying pressure either through a blow-out quarter, solving FSD, or something. Right now, most of the people are just holding TSLA but not buying it.

Kinda feel like it needs to close solidly above 800, so not like 800 or 801 but 805-810 for it be a clear reversal
50(MA) will be in play until we have a day when the SP doesn't touch it. Until then, it remains a goal post for the shortzes.

Same can be said for the Lower-BB over the previous 4 sessions. It's their short-term goal.

The gap between the Lower-BB and 50(MA) will narrow somewhat tomorrow (it's the math for the averaging periods involved):

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-17.15-30.png

Last edited:
LOL at the disagrees.
Where am I wrong? Are you guys denying we had a dip? Are you guys denying the low volumes of TSLA (Indicates very little buying)?

Tell us. Where is the major catalyst that can induce buying pressure? I don't see it this year. Learn from the GME squeeze. Holding isn't enough. People have to actually BUY the stock for it to move up. Right now, no one is buying.

EV rebates of 7K

Q1 numbers
.Remember MY China started production Q4 2020. So China is M3+MY
.S/X Refresh

By May/June - Giga's will be nearing completion

Current dip is because BRK did not buy TSLA. Ballie Gifford etc. balanced their portfolio.

Also don't count out what another round of stimulus checks with do to the RHooders.

A few more of posts that say it's going down all the way, is when things actually pick up in the other direction. This is my observation - folks wait for data to support their theory.

Remember when I said we were at/close to the local top at around the 800ish mark and then several members here flamed me, saying that dips were not a possibility? :D

Everything is playing out like I wanted it to. TSLA is following a similar pattern to the GME short squeeze: people holding a stock isn't enough for the price to move upwards; people have to also buy the stock. There are not many people who believe TSLA is a buy at the $800 mark, so people are holding, but not buying. There is no major catalyst for TSLA in the short-term, so I expect the slow bleed to continue for months. TSLA needs to either have a blowout quarter or make major progress with FSD for the next upwards movement. Q1 and Q2 will both fall short of expectations, I predict. FSD won't be solved this year, and there will be no hype for it. Don't be surprised if this is a bearish year for TSLA.

I hope TSLA falls to the sub-$500 price range so I can load up with my bitcoin gains when it hits $500,000+.

Still can't believe people here thought that TSLA would continue its parabolic rise this year. Just LOL... :oops:

I think it's more about your name being Big Pee Pee.

Might as well change it to Uranus.

EV rebates of 7K

Q1 numbers
.Remember MY China started production Q4 2020. So China is M3+MY
.S/X Refresh

By May/June - Giga's will be nearing completion

Current dip is because BRK did not buy TSLA. Ballie Gifford etc. balanced their portfolio.

Also don't count out what another round of stimulus checks with do to the RHooders.

A few more of posts that say it's going down all the way, is when things actually pick up in the other direction.

I'm not sure how EV rebates will do anything. It's not like Tesla has a demand problem. With or without credits, they will still sell all their vehicles. It'll help make margins look better by a bit, since they may not cut prices as aggressively, but it's hardly a game-changing statistic on their financial statement.
Q1 and Q2 numbers will be good, but I doubt it'll be a blowout.
Gigafactories will take a while to ramp-up, so I can see a possible good Q4 upwards movement.
Also, did anyone really expect BRK to buy TSLA? BRK will buy TSLA when it's a $5 trillion company and then they'll proclaim how they wish they'd gotten in sooner.

LOL at the disagrees.

Were you betting that TSLA wouldn't go green today? :D:D:D

LOL at the disagrees.

I bought 10 more at 860$ not that long ago and will HODL with the rest of my TSLA shares. Over and out.

Why is anyone responding to that guy. Someone who can’t read a chart since he compared Tesla and GameStop and said they have been trading the same way :rolleyes:

And who apparently doesn’t understand the very basics of trading. If there’s no buying....then how come the stock hasn’t dropped 50%. He’s a troll looking for attention and it’s rather pathetic that he’s puffing his chest over like a 12% pullback haha. Put him on ignore and let him listen to himself in his echo chamber

I'm not sure how EV rebates will do anything. It's not like Tesla has a demand problem. With or without credits, they will still sell all their vehicles. It'll help make margins look better by a bit, since they may not cut prices as aggressively, but it's hardly a game-changing statistic on their financial statement.
Q1 and Q2 numbers will be good, but I doubt it'll be a blowout.
Gigafactories will take a while to ramp-up, so I can see a possible good Q4 upwards movement.
Also, did anyone really expect BRK to buy TSLA? BRK will buy TSLA when it's a $5 trillion company and then they'll proclaim how they wish they'd gotten in sooner.

When you see name brand cereal Frosted Flakes on sale at the grocery store, for cheaper than the B-Stock maltomeal “Frosty flats”, which do you buy? Frosty Flats? Enjoy!

Chill. My posts are very thoughtful. No need to call me a troll.

I'm simply stating that there is a similarity between the GME squeeze and what's happening with TSLA. GME also had a lot of HODLers when it was trading at $200+, but the lack of buying pressure caused it to bleed out. A similar situation is happening with TSLA. I do not think there will be a flash crash for TSLA, as it's clearly a better business than GME, so people will hold on to it longer, but people who have the stock are clearly questioning the current valuation of TSLA and refusing to buy more.

The stock hasn't dropped 50%, because people aren't selling much either. Slightly more people are selling than buying, which is why the price is bleeding. I don't expect this pattern to change unless a major catalyst comes.

There's zero correlation between GME and TSLA. Don't bother replying, you're on ignore...I won't see. You're a troll. At least own up to it.

Why is anyone responding to that guy. Someone who can’t read a chart since he compared Tesla and GameStop and said they have been trading the same way :rolleyes:

And who apparently doesn’t understand the very basics of trading. If there’s no buying....then how come the stock hasn’t dropped 50%. He’s a troll looking for attention and it’s rather pathetic that he’s puffing his chest over like a 12% pullback haha. Put him on ignore and let him listen to himself in his echo chamber
I guess Bigpeepee is back? I've had that bot on ignore since @bkp_duke schooled him on how to make money on real estate.

07CD863F-5E65-41C3-B2BB-7FE8D08784FE.png 012EC5CC-86D4-4DF3-9326-0CAB88CCC659.png 44655057-C0AF-4999-9384-7E69C9620F63.png
There is a similarity between the buying, holding and selling patterns between GME and TSLA. Both have low volumes with price bleeds, indicating that people are holding, but not buying. Where am I wrong?

These two graphs look slightly different to me.

Attachments

• 5A3B78EF-169B-4BB2-A39D-21CD6D7A87F6.png
    5A3B78EF-169B-4BB2-A39D-21CD6D7A87F6.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 57