Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Benzinga - half hour ago: Tesla Offers Customers New Option For Collision, Glass Repair Via Tesla App

Excerpt:

Tesla owners recently received a message via the Tesla app on their phone, which is used as a key and to control their vehicles, letting owners know of newly available collision and glass repair services.

Customers can have Tesla fix minor dents, scuffs, scratches and replace glass at a Tesla service center, as opposed to a third party. Tesla touts an "optimized repair flow" that "enables a fast and seamless experience."

You’re suggesting a company that just did two ATM capital raises, goes out and buys back its shares at valuations higher than they raised? That’s not a bullish signal. That’s a we have no idea what we’re doing with our capital signal. The BTC buy is nothing more than an inflationary hedge against a potential over printing of US money supply. To paraphrase Elon, it’s only slightly less stupid to hold BTC than it is to hold fiat, especially in an environment where your spending is quickly becoming more diversified in currencies.

Thanks for the correction. Good thing I'm not in charge of Tesla's cash holding.

Benzinga - half hour ago: Tesla Offers Customers New Option For Collision, Glass Repair Via Tesla App

Excerpt:

Tesla owners recently received a message via the Tesla app on their phone, which is used as a key and to control their vehicles, letting owners know of newly available collision and glass repair services.

Customers can have Tesla fix minor dents, scuffs, scratches and replace glass at a Tesla service center, as opposed to a third party. Tesla touts an "optimized repair flow" that "enables a fast and seamless experience."

Hello Geico, Buffett, and Chevron...

Can someone share what broker they use and what is the Tesla margin maintenance requirement?

I am on Interactive Broker and it is 70%. Means if I have $100k worth of Tsla I can borrow $30k.

Robinhood is at 50% now.

I'm on Fidelity and in my account it currently shows 45%, but I have seen it fluctuate between 25% and 60%, depending upon volatility of the stock.

• Informative
Reactions: T@oo and Dig deeper
Wait do some people here actually think 2022's growth will be less than 2021???

I'm in the camp that thinks 2022 growth rate will be higher than 2021 and I feel there's multiple things to back that up.

And I think 900k for 2021 is realistic. 1 million is rosy

It's all about the batteries!
When they have that part down, they can dominate or enter as many segments as they want.

My order filled at $779 for a few more.
I'm getting in more before end of day myself. It will be my highest % concentration since early last year if I do. But I kicked myself for not buying in the mid 700's yesterday. I just don't know how much longer Tesla can keep a lid on any amazement or invention spewing out in all directions for much longer.

I'm getting in more before end of day myself. It will be my highest % concentration since early last year if I do. But I kicked myself for not buying in the mid 700's yesterday. I just don't know how much longer Tesla can keep a lid on any amazement or invention spewing out in all directions for much longer.
My prediction, next major run up will come from the first automaker announcing they will leverage Tesla Dojo for ML training, and possibility buy Tesla FSD hardware. Per Elon there has already been talks, and my guess will be Daimler who called it quits with Nvidia. This will be a major blow to Nvidia and may suck 100 billion market cap from them right into Tesla.

My prediction, next major run up will come from the first automaker announcing they will leverage Tesla Dojo for ML training, and possibility buy Tesla FSD hardware. Per Elon there has already been talks, and my guess will be Daimler who called it quits with Nvidia. This will be a major blow to Nvidia and may suck 100 billion market cap from them right into Tesla.

I'm kinda thinking Ark's new PT will be the catalyst for the start of a new run.

I'm kinda thinking Ark's new PT will be the catalyst for the start of a new run.
They focus too much on ride hailing revenue which is kind of soft, and there has been little talk from Tesla about it using humans first. Wallstreet want something solid, and they will appreciate major automakers jumping ship from the likes of Mobile eye and Nvidia into Tesla with real insider information. Arkk is mostly just speculation.

Plz explain, I do not understand the 901?
I like picking a price in advance, but my timing was a bit off this week. :oops: It's Bullish on TSLA short-term for me.

Recently someone pegged the stock at 900 and I alway go a dollar more. That's my sell starting price, except I should really do a dollar less to beat them, except again I always wanted Bose 901's as a kid working audio repair at the HiFi Hut in New Port Richey Fla., in the late 70's. You know, back when NASA was spewing creativity and I Dream of Jeannie episodes (you can think it).

• Love
Reactions: Duffer
If Tesla still has its bitcoin, they made over 220M last night.
The market seems a little off-put. Even Musk does not look too happy about it.
He sees it outside his “engineering” skill set, and probably the market does too.
Maybe it’s because it’s not the reason we bought TSLA.

However, it is the world we live in, not possible to deny that
The way I see it is that they already paid for a new Gigafactory. I think people will start to forget until they suddenly realize how much extra "cash" Tesla is sitting on.

PT?
I'm thinking MMs are shorting whatever Cathie Woods pumps up lately, maybe jealous. I was considering Nvidia watching ARK buy it consistently for several weeks now, not selling any that I could see. But that's like a Tesla competitor. I guess that's where these venn diagrams overlap so much with AI at the center of it all and Dojo at ground zero. So this makes ARK much more conservative than I am. It's just too much work to track what's real or not among several companies. Much easier to focus on just TSLA, but I have been in/out of ARKW, G, K, and F (basically take your pick of the next revolution of the day).