Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model S and X don't look unattractive. But the stupid wedge on the front of the Model 3 is obnoxious at its core, and the cybernottruck is not a result of design but more of engineering. And don't get me wrong it is appealing (not attractive) because it is form (design) following function (engineering). The cybernottruck is the second coming of the Aztek.

This cut and paste from wiki below describes the cybernotatruck to a "T". I especially like the reference to a "kitchen appliance."
Ultimately, the Aztek was criticized for its styling. Mickey Kaus described the Aztek as having "awkwardly empty and square front wheel wells" and a "gratuitous, fierce animalistic snout, which may have been what prompted incoming GM executive Bob Lutz to famously say that many of the company's products looked like 'angry kitchen appliances.'"[8] James Hall, vice-president at AutoPacific Inc[3] ranked the Aztek as one of the ten ugliest cars of all time, Karl Brauer, CEO and editor-in-chief of TotalCarScore.com said the Aztek featured "atrocious proportions"... "looked like a station wagon stretched out by a car bomb."[9]

So yeah, the cybernotatruck looks just like a fridge mated with a station wagon.
And I want one because it is so damn stupid-looking.
Franz is the weakest element of Tesla, and I like it that way. But don't praise the cat just because he's fortunate enough to design tesla.

At least Franz didn’t design a leaf of bolt looking Model 3.
What is your definition of a truck to exclude the CT from that category?
Is has to look similar to a F150?

I can't get on that bandwagon for the old style at all.

To me, as a person who has owned a lot of trucks over my life, Cybertruck will do everything I want a truck to do. Haul lumber, motorcycles, packages, appliances, and whatever else will fit on the space provided for the bed.

Plus, it will have handy storage compartments on the sides, built-in T-channels and other tie-down points for attaching things, ramp built into the tailgate, and a roll-cover that I might otherwise have paid extra for on an old-fashioned pickup still using the dated 20th century template.

If you want the old-fashioned template, Rivian and others will likely have just the thing for you.

If you look on the bandwagon for Cybertruck, that's me wailing on the Cymbals, or, Cyber-cymbals as it were. :cool:
I am firmly on the Cybernotatruck bandwagon. But I am not on the "The Cybernotatruck is a truck" bandwagon.
Just like Homer, Elon engineered a "wish" vehicle for the masses...
it is has everything a truck needs to have to be a truck...and then it has everything a van has to be a van (or a station wagon). And it has some key parts to being a jeep, and some serious bits so it can be a race car. And if it don't allow you to provide energy to your home during grid failures then I ain't gonna send Elon a Christmas card EVER again.
But all I am saying is that to call it a "truck" is extremely disingenuous. They only did it so the truck people will not dismiss it as "Not a truck. I need a truck, This is not a truck."

Last edited:
Thanks again @DaveT and @jimmy_d - another very helpful and thought provoking video. Looking forward to your thoughts on operation vacation. At the end of the talk you mentioned questions. If I think of a question can I post here or DM you (not on twitter)?
Great video and James has such a great way of explaining. For folks that might not be as technical, give it a watch and ask questions in appropriate threads as it will deepen your appreciation for what is occurring.

TL;DWatch - James has a great quote that goes something like "Those that adopt Lidar also need to adopt high def maps". My thoughts....I've never been a proponent of using high def maps as road conditions change so often. I'm a huge proponent of vision and using localized self supervised training of near term aggregate data and varying conditions. This would result in having millions of models, but would also be trained on specific road segments and specific maneuvers. I can explain more in an appropriate thread;)

Super cool as it looks to be next to the existing land as well as being about 50% as big as current land.

Edit: added some details to my previous thoughts on the James/Dave video...

Last edited:
I am firmly on the Cybernotatruck bandwagon. But I am not on the "The Cybernotatruck is a truck" bandwagon.
Just luke Homer, Elon engineered a "wish" vehicle for the masses...
it is has everything a truck needs to have to be a truck...and then it has everything a van has to be a van (or a station wagon). And it has some key parts to being a jeep, and some serious bits so it can be a race car. And if it don't allow you to provide energy to your home during grid failures then I ain't gonna send Elon a Christmas card EVER again.
But all I am saying is that to call it a "truck" is extremely disingenuous. They only did it so the truck people will not dismiss it as "Not a truck. I need a truck, This is not a truck."

What does this (your x-teenth nearly identical post on the subject) have to do with investor discussion?

At least Franz didn’t design a leaf of bolt looking Model 3.
What is your definition of a truck to exclude the CT from that category?
Is has to look similar to a F150?
To officially name it "Cyber(nota)truck" is equal to calling this a turkey.
turduckensbs16-56a4972f3df78cf772832400.jpg

Just like Homer, Elon engineered a "wish" vehicle for the masses...

I have owned a full size pickup for 10 years. I have hauled literally tons of lead acid batteries in mine, tens of thousands of pounds of wood fuel (multiple types), hundreds of bags of soil and mulch, trash, furniture etc. Of all of my uses, there is a single use that would be complicated on the cybertruck. I had three loads of wood side loaded in my pickup in 10 years by a bobcat type thing. The rest were hand loaded or loaded by a backhoe that could have done the cybertruck. So in 10 years, I would have had 1.5 hours lost to manually loading wood in the Cybertruck. Also same bed length as my current truck.

Now after all of that time, there have been loads that I have had to remove from my truck bed prematurely for weather reasons, such as just recently moving a pair of LaScala speakers. With a cybertruck I would have saved a half hour by just closing the top.

It is a truck.

GJ chart.png
Yes, how many times can Gordo fail before they ignore him. I’ve seen the sentiment of the hosts change at least which is good and they say stuff like “Gordon wow you were off by x% and the stock did the complete opposite. I gotta believe if we go over 1K and another split comes into play he’s not going to be invited back. What a clueless shill POS
If there was a law that he had to disclose what his tips rank # is prior to talking I think they wouldn't have him on.

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/gordon-johnson

or maybe the better question to CNBC is "Why do you have someone on your show consistently that is ranked at the very bottom of analysts? Ranked #7,118 out of 7,333 Analysts on TipRanks (#14,885 out of 15,279 overall experts)

And yes, I think I already know the answer, but I doubt 99% of the CNBC viewers know this.

edit: added chart

Yes, how many times can Gordo fail before they ignore him. I’ve seen the sentiment of the hosts change at least which is good and they say stuff like “Gordon wow you were off by x% and the stock did the complete opposite. I gotta believe if we go over 1K and another split comes into play he’s not going to be invited back. What a clueless shill POS
He will always be invited back. It is just that it is the advertisers (bigoil, legacyauto) who are doing the inviting, with their lever of withdrawing advertising likely the force behind him getting airtime at all.

I'd suspect several of the hosts (at least those with a modicum of personal dignity and any respect for the viewers) on the channels that are being spoon-fed this drivel dislike it as much as we do.

Sadly, this does slow awareness of the disruption to the general masses who aren't exposed to investor channels or other sources of conflicting information that they would gauge as credible. Thus, it slows retail investors from purchasing TSLA. (gotta keep this on topic, right);)

I can't get on that bandwagon for the old style at all.

To me, as a person who has owned a lot of trucks over my life, Cybertruck will do everything I want a truck to do. Haul lumber, motorcycles, packages, appliances, and whatever else will fit on the space provided for the bed.

Plus, it will have handy storage compartments on the sides, built-in T-channels and other tie-down points for attaching things, ramp built into the tailgate, and a roll-cover that I might otherwise have paid extra for on an old-fashioned pickup still using the dated 20th century template.

If you want the old-fashioned template, Rivian and others will likely have just the thing for you.

If you look on the bandwagon for Cybertruck, that's me wailing on the Cymbals, or, Cyber-cymbals as it were. :cool:

I need my Cybertruck to be able to take up 23 parking spots at once, easily navigate over curbs and road debris like ladders, mattresses, bumpers, whathaveyou, bust thru all fencing types at high speed, be dent and scratch resistant, not require touchup paint or Xpel or ceramic coating for when a bird craps on it, and look like it belongs in the Zombie Apocalypse. Anything else it can do is a bonus.

View attachment 641018
If there was a law that he had to disclose what his tips rank # is prior to talking I think they wouldn't have him on.

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/gordon-johnson

or maybe the better question to CNBC is "Why do you have someone on your show consistently that is ranked at the very bottom of analysts? Ranked #7,118 out of 7,333 Analysts on TipRanks (#14,885 out of 15,279 overall experts)

And yes, I think I already know the answer, but I doubt 99% of the CNBC viewers know this.

edit: added chart
The interesting question I think is: Is GJ better than the #7333 guy, and how much better is he?
Or rather how bad is the #7333 guy?

I need my Cybertruck to be able to take up 23 parking spots at once, easily navigate over curbs and road debris like ladders, mattresses, bumpers, whathaveyou, bust thru all fencing types at high speed, be dent and scratch resistant, not require touchup paint or Xpel or ceramic coating for when a bird craps on it, and look like it belongs in the Zombie Apocalypse. Anything else it can do is a bonus.

Yeah, you need one of these then;

Who ever is paying for GJ's CNBC appearances ... needs to co relate that every time GJ appears on CNBC these days, the SP goes up ;)

Ok, I'll fess up, I've been paying out of pocket to get more Gordy on CNN lately. I can't even pretend to be taking one for the team since it's the quickest and cheapest way I've found to get my portfolio out of the red. ;)

Totally worth it. :cool:

Last edited:
Damn, sometimes you just have to post it hoping the mods have a sense of humor, and to give EVERY ONE OF YOU a joke to tell at the next Tesla gab-fest...
"I sure hope Musk does not get involved in major scandal...because "Elon-gate" could be a drawn out process..

Errr...moving right Elong here....