Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
topsy turvy world ..
Longs prospered in COVID and Shorts are currently winning because economy is coming back to normal. :)

Used to worry that US interest rates will go negative like Japan etc. With 1.5+ rate fed has rates to play with in future (which will overall be a good thing). rate FUD will be over soon, and business will be back to normal.

• Funny
Reactions: Nocturnal
OT... Ya it only took me about 10 min to figure out what this "Crystalline Entity" meant.
Star Trek gaming event. Best of luck.
upload_2021-3-5_7-13-31.jpeg

He's got his hand in too many things. I recall him tweeting last week that he was down $1B on the day. The Hindenburg report on Clover didn't help and some media has been piling on him ever since.
Why would anyone want Virgin Galactic stocks in the first place? It was like the Xprize contest a decade ago. It's over... hello!

It's crazy that FSD beta hasn't had any real attention from Wall Street yet. These guys are going to be blindsided if they keep ignoring the progress. I have a long road trip in July myself (20 hours or so). Fingers crossed.

It's the color = [NOT RED] guys!
(Don't want to jinx it)
I'm struggling to think of any other color TBH.

tumblr_nm1dczzFzV1qmvikho2_500.png

• Funny
Reactions: GOVA and asburgers
It's crazy that FSD beta hasn't had any real attention from Wall Street yet. These guys are going to be blindsided if they keep ignoring the progress. I have a long road trip in July myself (20 hours or so). Fingers crossed.

I'm struggling to think of any other color TBH.

View attachment 642333
I was thinking, how come fsd beta doesn't allow user to pick some pre determined reasons for interventions? I would think something like this will help training explode.

Like you press "went into wrong lane", or "did not see speed bumps", "not drivable space". Make about 10-20 predetermined choices for users to notify Tesla vs having engineers studying the video trying to figure out why the intervention.

I was thinking, how come fsd beta doesn't allow user to pick some pre determined reasons for interventions? I would think something like this will help training explode.

Like you press "went into wrong lane", or "did not see speed bumps", "not drivable space". Make about 10-20 predetermined choices for users to notify Tesla vs having engineers studying the video trying to figure out why the intervention.
Accuracy of recording perhaps? The engineers would likely have to verify anyway and put it into the needs fixing bucket.

Reactions: Krugerrand

If I am interpreting the James Douma interview correctly, self supervised learning automatically does it for you.

What I am more concerned about are people being over zealous with testing new features, putting unnecessary risk on the project.

For instance that Whole Mars guy took his FSD to 80mph down an urban 40mph street yesterday. Car performed well, but the think-of-the-children in me wishes he would've done that in a more controlled environment.

For instance that Whole Mars guy took his FSD to 80mph down an urban 40mph street yesterday. Car performed well, but the think-of-the-children in me wishes he would've done that in a more controlled environment.

Do you have a link to that video? I'm surprised that FSD even allowed him to set the speed to 80mph on a 40mph city street.

IMO, that kind of behavior should be grounds for getting Early Beta FSD privileges revoked.