Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10k incentives will not last without a cap. That's 8.5 billion dollars worth of incentives to Tesla this year, 15 billion dollars next year. This does not include other car manufactures. The number will hit 200 billion/year by 2028, 300 billion by 2030. All said and done, by 2030 U.S would have given Tesla more incentive combined than the pentagon would spend in a year.
Well, the military budget is more than education, so I think there are areas to tweak and improve on.... ;)

10k incentives will not last without a cap. That's 8.5 billion dollars worth of incentives to Tesla this year, 15 billion dollars next year. This does not include other car manufactures. The number will hit 200 billion/year by 2028, 300 billion by 2030. All said and done, by 2030 U.S would have given Tesla more incentive combined than the pentagon would spend in a year.
You know the incentives go to the taxpayers and not Tesla, right? Yeah, yeah, they make Tesla's cars cheaper/more attractive but that is not the same as the gubmint giving Tesla money

Meanwhile in the Netherlands

Tesla sales were negligible this quarter (and a drop in the bucket for Tesla’s world wide sales) but in March Model 3 seems to manage to get the top spot with 257 so far (29 March), id4 second with 211 and Niro 3rd with 143. ID3 is 16th with 23.

Of 18194 person cars sold in March, 1521 were BEVs (8.3%).
What is going on in Netherlands this quarter? Last year Q1 4 manufacturers sold over 1200 EVs. This year it looks like not one sold more then 350. 6 sold over 350 last year. This is according to Electric Vehicle registrations in Europe: 11 countries, 80+% of BEV market

What is going on in Netherlands this quarter? Last year Q1 4 manufacturers sold over 1200 EVs. This year it looks like not one sold more then 350. 6 sold over 350 last year. This is according to Electric Vehicle registrations in Europe: 11 countries, 80+% of BEV market

The most likely explanation is the same every quarter. All production sent over to Europe from Fremont and Giga China is spoken for. They simply decided to focus on shipping more to other markets across Europe.

Reactions: kbM3
What other manufacturers? I'd like to see something like this put in place with no cap and a locked-in-stone plan to step down the rebate starting in 2024 and ending 2028. That's how you push the market.

The rebate is important, but I would argue a clear expiration date does even more to juice production. Cloudy Germany installed nearly 3GW of solar in December of 2011 because the feed-in-tariff was set to go down in January. That's like us installing 12GW in a month 10 years ago. Unthinkable.

Here we gooooooooo!

Incentives halved. Was discussed here at length last year. Everyone saw this coming, same thing happened to sales in Sweden and Singapore with the abrupt removal of EV incentives. Oh, and in the U.S. in Jan 2019 when the $7,500 tax credit was halved...

Paging @NicoV

From Benzinga: Lucid Motors Plans $25,000 Electric Vehicle: What Investors Should Know

Am I the only one that finds it hysterical that the company that says "we are THE luxury EV brand, so we don't compete with Tesla" is now touting that they will have a $25k EV? Talks like NKLA, walks like NKLA, smells like NKLA...

They really ought to come up with their own ideas. Even Rivian, with their alleged employee poaching, has more original ideas.

And I’m going to an oncologist for - yes, I am serious; this is not a bad joke at the expense of the female members of this forum - breast cancer. So, while yours is a gruesome story, can we PLEASE end all these medico-correlation anecdotes? Otherwise, a Moderator WILL be stepping in and extracting same without anesthesia.
NOPE! My Oral surgeon visit made us money.... I am a special ant.

I am actually starting to think that ARKX is a pretty good diversification fund for me.
Yup. And I got 3 Greens today.
1617134353568.png

And right on schedule...

1617134439266.png

Attachments

• 1617134431069.png
    1617134431069.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 35
Surprised we held there with the Nasdaq slipping at the end............MM's flying a bit too close to the sun now for that 650 max pain on Thursday given Biden's plan unveil tomorrow
Considered we have hit double bottom twice with inverse head and shoulders and inverse batman working for us...come on lets GO!