Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not comparing his numbers to anything. I am just saying there's not enough money unless everyone dumps every stock till zero to buy Tsla and even people in Zimbabwe empty their bank account for Tsla shares. Then maybe it can hit 100 trillion.
These kinds of numbers annoy me. Just goes to show some of that TSLA wealth went to some uneducated people =( First post! =)

I'm not comparing his numbers to anything. I am just saying there's not enough money unless everyone dumps every stock till zero to buy Tsla and even people in Zimbabwe empty their bank account for Tsla shares. Then maybe it can hit 100 trillion.
Zimbabwe 100 Trillion.PNG

TSLA could reach $100,000 per share tomorrow if that’s what the market decides it’s worth. It could happen with a small fraction of shares changing hands.

I do think he’s a bit untethered, but it’s an interesting thought experiment to consider pie in the sky scenarios if everything goes swimmingly. 🤔

TSLA could reach $100,000 per share tomorrow if that’s what the market decides it’s worth. It could happen with a small fraction of shares changing hands...

Yes, Tesla's market cap is not constrained by the money supply unless all shares are sold simultaneously, which seems unlikely. Or so it seems to this non-economist at this late hour.

TSLA could reach $100,000 per share tomorrow if that’s what the market decides it’s worth. It could happen with a small fraction of shares changing hands.

I do think he’s a bit untethered, but it’s an interesting thought experiment to consider pie in the sky scenarios if everything goes swimmingly. 🤔
Can you explain how this could possibly happen? Let's say retail and big funds cannot sell stock, you can manipulate it however you like. Can you explain how it is done? Would you just get 2 big funds to buy the stock up off each other at increasingly higher prices? Eventually the big funds would run out of money to buy the blocks of stocks.

Reactions: OrthoSurg

Pretty sure multiples compressed to almost nothing at 2.7 trillion dollars worth of net profit. You can't continue to use multiples of 40 because that's assuming a growth rate of 20-25% going forward which means Tesla will be providing electric cars for a newly discovered planet worth of aliens as eventually saturation hits on earth.

Can you explain how this could possibly happen? Let's say retail and big funds cannot sell stock, you can manipulate it however you like. Can you explain how it is done? Would you just get 2 big funds to buy the stock up off each other at increasingly higher prices? Eventually the big funds would run out of money to buy the blocks of stocks.
I think the poster means there's an ask for 100k on the market and some clown decides to buy 1/100k of a fraction of tesla shares(by spending a dollar) and call it a day..lol..so there's one dude in the world who think it's worth 100 trillion.

Last edited:
I think the poster means there's an ask for 100 trillion on the market and some clown decides to buy 1/100trillion of a fraction of tesla shares(by spending a dollar) and call it a day..lol..so there's one dude in the world who think it's worth 100 tril.
Hah good point there buddy! I think that is definitely what he probably means. Put in the ask, and let the guy bid for it lol.

The problem here I find with even our biggest TSLA bulls is, no one is willing to put their money where their mouth is. Which is also why the stock would never hit 100k a share. These guys posting videos on youtube already own stock. If you asked them to mortgage their home to buy more they would say no because they already own enough shares (Even though 100k a share is their price target, who wants more money right?) And yet they fully expect their neighbor and anyone else who does not own TSLA shares to go out and bid the price up to such an outrageous share price.

Are you claiming the rear seats have built-in massagers as well? Because people don't usually buy massage seats for their chauffeurs while practicing asceticism themselves. ;)

Yes, it will be an option. Including rear seat cooling/heating.

Because some will be chauffeured and some owner driven.

BTW Lucid Air will have optional executive rear seats that are better than the front seats.

Hah good point there buddy! I think that is definitely what he probably means. Put in the ask, and let the guy bid for it lol.

The problem here I find with even our biggest TSLA bulls is, no one is willing to put their money where their mouth is. Which is also why the stock would never hit 100k a share. These guys posting videos on youtube already own stock. If you asked them to mortgage their home to buy more they would say no because they already own enough shares (Even though 100k a share is their price target, who wants more money right?) And yet they fully expect their neighbor and anyone else who does not own TSLA shares to go out and bid the price up to such an outrageous share price.

$100K is not Warren's price target, it's his "pie in the sky" scenario. He doesn't say he expects it will hit $100K, he admits there is a huge range of uncertainty and the most likely scenarios are much lower. He doesn't do "price targets".

Also, to those who say there is not enough money in the universe, I will remind you there was not enough money in the universe in 1930 to support current market valuations. The money supply is elastic and there is a thing called inflation.

MQB asked ainteresting question:

Will it be easier for Tesla to learn to build luxury interiors or for MB to learn to build good software?

I think we all know the answer here, simply by the fact this car has a integrated a tablet that’s 7 years old. I repeat, SEVEN YEARS old! Oh my, I don’t even know how to start to bash that, they didn’t even bother to design a place holder then replace it with the latest right before launch...

The only way way these old luxury brands are going to survive in to design “timeless” classic cars, remove any trace of tech from the design, even the clocks need to be ones with hands and all that. Then they would be able to appeal to a niche market that’s looking for those.

Any attempt to put tech in there shows what they cannot do, which is embarrassing.

Anyways, these luxury markets are not important to Tesla’s mission, Tesla is already able to attract a lot of customers that can afford 100k+ car with their current offering. The market for ones who are into luxury interiors are not big enough to bother.

Let me play devilds advocat for a sec here.

This EQS has software features Tesla can only dream of (Multi-User-Screen Support with spacial audio, Navigation features etc ... ) and yes the Tab S4 is a bummer, but maybe there are reasons for this bad choice like licencing, time-to-market we don't see?

It's not like Tesla ships crap early on sometimes and replaces it with better choices later - I'm looking at my Baolong TPMS, my v0.9 sunroof etc ...

IMHO the real question is not wether Daimler can catch up Tesla or the other way around - the question is scale and profitability - I am looking forward to see if Daimler can earn money on this 107kwh EQS - because if they can't why should they sell EQS over S-Class at all? (I know the answer - they need to go electric in certain markets)

Let me put my German lense on for a sec - we have a group of buyers that want 100k€+ premium EVs to drive fast in comfort on the Autobahn - Tesla has owned this market so far and with all the Model S issues and ongoing lawsuits Tesla is working hard on loosing that niche - this EQS seems to be great for the middle distance Autobahn driver.

Last edited:
Coming from a photography perspective (my main hobby), I can totally see a combination of camera placements and NN to be able to obtain an accurate distance measuring with vision alone: rangefinder

Laser or sonar/radar based distance measuring is still based on the very principle of a rangefinder: ranging. And if one has the computing power to be constantly comparing at least two cameras' visual input of a single labeled subject, it's not hard to compute the actual distance... quite precisely too.

Say if one grabs a manual Leica RF camera, you shift focus until the 2 image planes overlap each other at any visible point in the frame. The point where the overlap occurs is the point in focus and given enough digitalization, that distance can be accurate down to millimeters. So, for anyone doubting that Tesla can solve the distancing problem with only vision, I don't see a technical problem. It's a technology that's been around for centuries.

Let me play devilds advocat for a sec here.

This EQS has software features Tesla can only dream of (Multi-User-Screen Support with spacial audio, Navigation features etc ... ) and yes the Tab S4 is a bummer, but maybe there are reasons for this bad choice like licencing, time-to-market we don't see?

It's not like Tesla ships crap early on sometimes and replaces it with better choices later - I'm looking at my Baolong TPMS, my v0.9 sunroof etc ...

IMHO the real question is not wether Daimler can catch up Tesla or the other way around - the question is scale and profitability - I am looking forward to see if Daimler can earn money on this 107kwh EQS - because if they can't why should they sell EQS over S-Class at all? (I know the answer - they need to go electric in certain markets)

Let me put my German lense on for a sec - we have a group of buyers that want 100k€+ premium EVs to drive fast in comfort on the Autobahn - Tesla has owned this market so far and with all the Model S issues and ongoing lawsuits Tesla is working hard on loosing that niche - this EQS seems to be great for the middle distance Autobahn driver.

I think more EVs and some competition are a good thing.

But companies who makes ICE cars will find their EV offerings need to be better than their ICE cars, because Tesla will be better.

Sometimes a local company better understands what local customers, want. This is one reason why IMO Tesla is being smart opening design centres in China and Germany, they can tap a different perspective and target products better to the local market.

I do think the Plaid+ Model S is going to tick most of the boxes for Autobahn driving, it will certainly be better than earlier versions of Model S.

What people are sometimes overlooking is the significance of Battery Day combined with the Berlin and Austin factory builds, Tesla is poised to scale production rapidly. Daimler will close the gaps on EV technology and software, closing the gap on production volumes, FSD, and fast charging is much harder.

As a non-German, my perspective is VW is doing a good job, and are going to carve out a good EV market share. Daimler has long been recognised for engineering excellence and product reliability. I don't doubt the quality of their products, but I do wonder about market share. I think they will have enough market share to survive, but may end up with significantly less market share than today.

I say this because I think it is a race for EV market share, carving out a large EV market share early, delivers a lot of advantages.

Reactions: OrthoSurg
In my opinion the interior of that Mercedes EQS is on the opposite end of the scale from classy.

The Top 5 features of a non-AMG S Class has nothing to do with driving experience/performance. Many will be chauffeured.

Maybe someday they will make an AMG version of the EQS.

BTW I hate the discothèque lighting becoming prevalent in luxury cars.

One of the top 5 in this case should be how good the AI chauffeur is. People buying 100k cars are usually not paying for a real chauffeurs unless they drop another 100k on a maybach

Some people have both good chauffeurs and excellent cars:

41567294-9457055-Prince_Charles_was_seen_leaving_Windsor_Castle_this_evening_hour-a-24_161807...jpeg

This is Britains Prince Charles and his chauffeur photographed by a paparazzi recently.