Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with CR's outrage about this. Tesla should do much better.

The interior camera should detect when the driver slits his wrists, drinks bleach, or crawls out a window at high speed. Given Tesla's expertise in robotics, a robotic arm should reach out from the dashboard and bitchslap the driver's face when such behavior is detected. This should not be a problem technically, since neural nets can distinguish faces from other areas, such as buttocks... although when the driver attempts to exit a window, the car should trap him by raising the glass and apply multiple slaps to the accessible area. Then the car should contact law enforcement, and decelerate over the bumpiest part of the road shoulder to enhance the human behavior modification.

You laugh? All this is technically possible. Tesla could offer it as an option: the Suicidal Drunken Imbecile Package ($20k). Then CR will have to complain that the slaps are too stern, or not stern enough, or totally ineffective if the driver likes to be slapped.
OoooO, me gusta them slaps. Call it Tesla S&M mode.

So just turned on CNBC a moment ago. Now I dont think the Capital Gains tax rates will be changed like what is supposedly being tossed around. Now the way CNBC is pitching it they are suggesting that people that are worth $1M may consider themselves to be middle class. Of course we dont know the exact details, but what we have heard is income over $1M. That would be your annual income over $1M. Hey if your annual income is > $1M you are not middle class.

Also amuses me that market reacts like the new rate could take place tomorrow. So sell today and take those profits now.

Off Topic, but I hope the mods will leave this one as I think this is useful for this thread and recent avatar discussion.

Avatars and personal information are something I encourage everyone to think about before sharing in this thread. I have a fair amount of experience in creating, administrating, moderating, and participating in online forums. I've worked with different online communities professionally and as a hobby since 1999. I have seen many of the edge cases, dramatic behaviors, stalking, etc.

This thread is widely known in the internet space, and is not difficult to find. Anyone can read this thread. It doesn't take much time reading in this thread to realize there are many participants that have at least a seven figure investment account. Many have much more. Every piece of personal information you share (your picture, your name, where you live, your age, your occupation, your hobbies, etc) can help someone identify who you are. While I think most people would come to this thread looking for Tesla information and investment information, there may be people that come here looking for new marks to scam out of money, or worse. I'm not suggesting everyone live in fear, as that is no way to live, but I am suggesting people be prudent and thoughtful about sharing too much personally identifying information.

I think a fair amount of this community consists of older people, many of which may not be as savvy regarding the internet. For the younger crowd, it isn't difficult to connect the pieces. Most people won't, but some people have other motivations.

All of that said, I recommend against using your own picture as your avatar and against using your name as your username.
Since the CMQ (College des médecins du Québec) got his database hacked last year. I am receiving faxes about dead uncles with my family name saying someone found out my uncle had just died, he had 10M inheritance and they would send me the check if I would send them a 100k check for their reward for finding out. Received that scamming attempt in my private office fax machine.

I am receiving about 2 or 3 automated texts or calls a week on my iPhone about possible fraudulent activity in my corporation. All scam and phishing attempts.

I would not even be surprised all my corporation financial account info linked to the CMQ to pay for my annual license has been compromised and everything is available in dark web databases online for roaming hackers. Also,
some employee at Desjardins bank gathered all the financial information of thousands of customers 2 years ago, another big security breach with staggering financial info again probably sold online or made available.

The cream of the crop is when you watch Snowden and all the info gathered of oneself on online databases. The question nowadays might not be if the information will be compromised but when will it be and by which kind of individual. The number of Russian, North Korean or local hacker ransomware is increasing lately and a lot of government institutions have been affected lately and that could affect anyone here with a high concentration of 7-8 figures portfolios.

Internet made access to information and education easily accessible for everyone and it democratized a lot of subjects that were previously reserved to some but on the counterpart, it opened the whole hacking, scamming and phishing world to levels unheard of.

The number of "news" blurbs I've seen today on my Tesla filter on Fidelity is an indication of something, something Tesla. I doubt it's due to the ER on Monday, right?

Teslanews.jpg

Attachments

• buythedip.jpg
    buythedip.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 65
So just turned on CNBC a moment ago. Now I dont think the Capital Gains tax rates will be changed like what is supposedly being tossed around. Now the way CNBC is pitching it they are suggesting that people that are worth $1M may consider themselves to be middle class. Of course we dont know the exact details, but what we have heard is income over $1M. That would be your annual income over $1M. Hey if your annual income is > $1M you are not middle class.

Also amuses me that market reacts like the new rate could take place tomorrow. So sell today and take those profits now.
Making $1M a year is middle class :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2019 Median Household Income in the United States $65,712​

I'm showing IV at 62. Do I feel lucky? I prefer to sell CC's but this is tempting with what's around the corner. Not advice.

Anybody else notice this?

I have seen this shown before in 'behind the scenes' autopilot videos shared by tesla, but this is the first time (AFAIK) that this information is considered accurate enough to be shown to normal drivers.

This indicates that tesla autopilot can now do something lidar DEFINITELY cannot do, and also how they are steadily moving through the list of things AP needs in order to drive as safely as a human in all conditions.

Obviously this wont get any coverage, because it goes against the 'tesla bad' narrative, but it gives me extra confidence as an investor that while everyone is trying to spread FUD about autopilot, it just *keeps* *getting* *better*. I can't wait for a non-EU-hobbled model Y to go on sale in the UK so I can trade in my AP1 model S.
This is clearly great stuff.....hopefully, the next release will restore the SIRIUS XM functionality that was lost with .13 and hasn’t been restored with .15

Well, it's not much of an increase, but it's another PT increase nonetheless (and from our friend AJ to boot!):

View attachment 656046
That smells like a reverse JPMorgan technique. JPM will usually raise their target from like $60 to $80, just so the news cycle and algos pick it up.

Adam and MS must have some pretty heavy long bets in place for earnings.

If you own a stock and expect 20% returns, it's stupid to sell that stock because your tax on that 20% goes from 20% to 39%. Enjoy that 0% tax on your 0% return on cash though. (drastic oversimplification but I'm grumpy today)
I skipped the alcohol and went right to the cotton candy. It worked after the Xanax, which came after the caffeine but before the Twinkie I had to prematurely put down because Tesla. Is advice.

Those "Safeguards" are MORE than sufficient. If people want to try and game the system by going through all of those steps, the manufacturer simply cannot and should not be held responsible.

This discussion should have ended a long time ago .... blaming Tesla for this person's actions is ridiculous.
All of the related FUD is actually free advertising for innovations being developed by Tesla.

FC on reddit thinks if there's a cap gain tax hike, it'll be retroacted to prevent a market crash using Clinton's tax hike as an example.

FC on reddit thinks if there's a cap gain tax hike, it'll be retroacted to prevent a market crash using Clinton's tax hike as an example.

Would be political suicide. If it passed, they could kiss the majority goodbye.