Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Near-future quarterly financial projections
53 hours to ER - link to the Accountant's Q1 estimate in case you need to refresh your mind - and perhaps replace the FSD FUD in your pre-Neuralink cortex to save my sanity...

GAAP of $515m is crazy high. Expect closer to $200m ;). Did I do that right this time?
Hey algos!!! My GAAP estimate is negative 10 billion.

stop reading algos

That should lower the average a bit, guaranteeing a huge beat. If Gordo can play this game so can I.

A little OT - haven't seen this posted yet - yesterday's scathing rebuke of CR's Tesla hit piece on Teslarati.

Includes this incredible video of CR's 1988 "Not Acceptable" proclamation on the Suzuki Samarai and how it was essentially staged FUD, I suspect financed by US automakers against imports.

Dieselgate. The gift that keeps on giving...

from Alex Voigt
It might actually be beneficial for VW if previous employees are charged and found guilty of something.

They are now suing former boss Martin Winterkorn for about 1 billion euros (sorry, no english link). What's the point you say? Well, looks like insurance companies will pay most if he loses.

So at this point it might be a good thing for VW the more people are found to have been involved. More insurance money to collect.

CT will have a 240v outlet in the back which will be at least 30A. I'm very excited for that feature for that exact reason. I could power some essential home items and get rid of my mini generator that just collects dust all year.
My dream:
1). Tri -motor uber-long-range CT (pre-ordered)
2). Spacious pop-up or add-on camper
3). Built-in deployable stove tops and coolers (Rivian-style)
4). Monthly FSD subscription
5). Deployable StarLink
6). Superchargers outside every National Park.

I’ve found Market Chameleon to be my best source for options IV information. Signing up even for a free account gives you a lot of info. They also have some really nice daily emails, especially with watchlists set up. I should probably give them a chance to see how much better it gets if I actually pay them money.

Great concept for an ad. Why don't you suggest it to one of the hungry little digital-media startups that make such ads to showcase their talent. Many such Tesla ads are on YouTube. Or you could produce it yourself if you are savvy with home video.

If they/you do a good job, the YouTube ad could go viral and reach millions. Elon could retweet it to his 50 million followers, who could retweet it to theirs, etc.

Put some humor in it for maximum effect. Here is a good example, although it's an expensive pro commercial. Cheaper spots can be effective with a little creativity.

Thanks - kind words.

So what I hear you saying is that I should not only make just one commercial but actually start a dedicated youtube parody channel called "Teslaugh", focusing on ridiculing all the nonsense, foolishness and FUD surrounding Tesla?
Then use that internet fame to simultaneously lauch a career as a comedian and also as a springboard for amassing a vast fortune, enabling me to buy a stake in SpaceX, ensuring that I can, someday, when SpaceX starts colonizing, finally, achieve my lifelong dream of becomming the funniest person on Mars?

Thanks - kind words.

So what I hear you saying is that I should not only make just one commercial but actually start a dedicated youtube parody channel called "Teslaugh", focusing on ridiculing all the nonsense, foolishness and FUD surrounding Tesla?
Then use that internet fame to simultaneously lauch a career as a comedian and also as a springboard for amassing a vast fortune, enabling me to buy a stake in SpaceX, ensuring that I can, someday, when SpaceX starts colonizing, finally, achieve my lifelong dream of becomming the funniest person on Mars?
Some springboard! :cool:

Thanks - kind words.

Truthiness is calling you :)

CT will have a 240v outlet in the back which will be at least 30A. I'm very excited for that feature for that exact reason. I could power some essential home items and get rid of my mini generator that just collects dust all year.
It seems to me that the recent change to the solar/powerwall configuration is laying the basis for a change eventually supporting Vehicle to Home or to Grid Across the product line.

This can’t make Tesla aspirants feel good.

I'm thinking out loud here.

All the media FUD, and most of our discussion on this forum, is focused on Tesla vehicles.

One of these days the "surprise earnings" will be Tesla Energy
So while legacy auto and entrenched oil fight the vehicle battle (which we know they have already lost),
Tesla is fully engaged in epically successful asymmetric warfare.

Very soon we will see the profits of this on the Tesla balance sheets.
Maybe Monday?
Maybe one of these days when we least expect it?
Definitely soon (Tesla soon ;) )

In the conversations regarding sources of funding for media campaigns against Tesla, the old guard industry sectors get brought up (oil, old auto etc.), understandably so.

Why do people not think next-gen companies are in it too? Google, Amazon, Apple, Intel (Mobileye), Nvidia and others like them won’t want to see Tesla (and the rest of the Elon conglomerate) run away with all the marketshare in the colossal segments of the future economy in which the Elon companies are active. It is clear that the size of the economy Elon’s companies can dominate in the future in absolute numbers and perhaps even as proportion, is larger than those numbers for the economy the old guard dominated in their best days.

In the conversations regarding sources of funding for media campaigns against Tesla, the old guard industry sectors get brought up (oil, old auto etc.), understandably so.

Why do people not think next-gen companies are in it too? Google, Amazon, Apple, Intel (Mobileye), Nvidia and others like them won’t want to see Tesla (and the rest of the Elon conglomerate) run away with all the marketshare in the colossal segments of the future economy in which the Elon companies are active. It is clear that the size of the economy Elon’s companies can dominate in the future in absolute numbers and perhaps even as proportion, is larger than those numbers for the economy the old guard dominated in their best days.
Good point. I shall henceforth call all the aforementioned companies for "traditional tech", "legacy tech" or "old tech". They would really hate that last name!

Mainly because the old guard sectors are more directly impacted. The newer sectors won't be impacted for a while. In some cases, perhaps a long while.

Near-future quarterly financial projections
53 hours to ER - link to the Accountant's Q1 estimate in case you need to refresh your mind - and perhaps replace the FSD FUD in your pre-Neuralink cortex to save my sanity...

GAAP of $515m is crazy high. Expect closer to $200m ;). Did I do that right this time?
Does anyone know what the Factset number is ? Fidelity says $0.79 according to I/B/E/S consensus.