Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a bill that will lift the cap on electric vehicle sales locations here in New York State. Tesla is currently limited to 5 stores. New Yorkers can use this link to contact their local legislators to support this bill.

Having trouble copying the text... here's a screen shot...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-134816_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-134816_Chrome.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 154
What are the odds Elon will upstage this event with a Plaid 'leak'? Or CT?

630pm this Wednesday Ford Confirms Electric F-150 Will Be Called Lightning
1621102093127.jpeg

A. If I sketch a vehicle on the back of a napkin, does that make my sketch a "preproduction vehicle " now? 🤨

B. The voice over is all “It’s time to do this, It’s time to do that..." not “We’re actually going to do this and that real thing." 🙄

View attachment 662588

A. If I sketch a vehicle on the back of a napkin, does that make my sketch a "preproduction vehicle " now? 🤨

B. The voice over is all “It’s time to do this, It’s time to do that..." not “We’re actually going to do this and that real thing." 🙄
Damn already doing the light bar. These guys really have little imagination huh.

Gotta love that headline, of course this is in the article. :mad:

However on Friday, the agency walked back its previous declaration.

“To clarify,” a new CHP statement said, “There has not been a final determination made as to what driving mode the Tesla was in or if it was a contributing factor to the crash.”

“Pencils are sharpened and a fresh stack of crispy paper ready”. I think we will have not seen anything yet regarding FUD. I bet that, as soon as “The Button FSD” has been released, hordes of people will have strategies ready to show how bad and dangerous FSD is.

We need to be prepared.

Reactions: Duffer and Dane Dad
The mission marches forward...

Lucid to open first showroom in Canada. It will be located in downtown Vancouver, next to the flagship Apple store currently under construction.

It is an interesting move because as the article notes "Competitor Tesla recently shut its downtown Vancouver location at 929 Robson Street." One of Tesla's first showrooms in Canada and the first in Vancouver was perhaps a 5 min walk from this new Lucid location; and rumour had it that across the street that location was being considered for a flagship Apple store (which didn't end up happening at that location).

"Vancouver is said to be the top market for electric vehicle ownership in North America, making Lucid’s move into the Vancouver market an intelligent one. Last year, 9.2% of all vehicle sales in British Columbia were electric — up from just 4% in 2018. Trailing British Columbia is Quebec where almost 7% of cars sold are electric, followed by 2% of Ontario vehicles. The Montreal market could very well be Lucid’s next target for a showroom as 7.8% of cars sold in the city last year were electric."

The only part they got wrong was "disruptor to Tesla" but I chalk that up more to ignorance than FUD.

Great news for the mission. It is a high quality location AAA location with a lot of walk by and slow moving drive by traffic, and should help expose people further to EV's.

“Pencils are sharpened and a fresh stack of crispy paper ready”. I think we will have not seen anything yet regarding FUD. I bet that, as soon as “The Button FSD” has been released, hordes of people will have strategies ready to show how bad and dangerous FSD is.

We need to be prepared.
Correction...I bet they ALREADY have their strategies waiting.

Dan

Reactions: Duffer and Dutchie

It is an interesting move because as the article notes "Competitor Tesla recently shut its downtown Vancouver location at 929 Robson Street." One of Tesla's first showrooms in Canada and the first in Vancouver was perhaps a 5 min walk from this new Lucid location; and rumour had it that across the street that location was being considered for a flagship Apple store (which didn't end up happening at that location).
Great news for the mission. It is a high quality location AAA location with a lot of walk by and slow moving drive by traffic, and should help expose people further to EV's.
As usual; “competition” advertising for Tesla!

‘Oh this EV thing is no joke. I want one….what, wait 2 years; nah…I’ll buy a model S plaid for cheaper.’

Thanks lucid.

View attachment 662588

Aren’t we due for a Cybertruck update from EM in Q2.. with updated specs?

I think you're right. Shanghai loaded the Lake Geneva RoRo on May 5th....likely from April production sitting in the logistics yard on April 30th. Loading the ship took a day and a half. These vehicles would not have been included in the April "sales" reported by the China Passenger Car Association.

Shipments from Fremont and Shanghai continue at a blistering pace. Quoting others on this forum, "Q2 may be an epic head fake". FUD gives the appearance of problems but we will see another record quarter. Q2 ship loading time as of yesterday continues to be 38% ahead of Q1.

View attachment 662496

source of data: @FMossotto on Twitter
Sometimes I dream about the Excel Master Doc of @The Accountant and I'm awed and I'm terrified.

😍😍 These guys are loving it.

It's funny but early on I was for that purchase as WaPo would have likely folded or gone into some umbrella of corporate media. It used to be a great paper.

A majority of Tesla owners lean left. I think an enduring legacy of Tesla and the Media is that previously it was only the right wing that was openly hostile to "the media". Tesla FUD is causing more than a few on the left to feel the same way.
I know what you mean and I agree in principle.

On another level though, it’s important to understand that labels are mechanisms of division and control.

Left, right, Chairman of the Board, Asperger’s,… They are all ways of putting things in a box. The media lives on them. Musk abhors them, although he uses them in a meme sense…”Cat running across a keyboard”.

The stock price is just an overlay to the Company’s progress against their mission. Tesla’s mission is challenging and their execution towards it has been simply amazing. Now, with the SP below 600 and the execution fundamentals continuing to be stellar, the SP overlay is a bit confusing. But I am not losing sight of Tesla’s execution. That is my compass. I really wouldn’t care if the SP hit 5XX or even 4XX, because their underlying execution is fantastic and with it I can endure lower SP because I know what is inevitable. With Tesla’s fundamentals being what they are, I will buy more at 650,600,550, etc. So if the MM want my shares, they need to highlight where Tesla isn’t executing because while I’m irritated by FUD, it doesn’t make me waiver. HODL!

i am stunned and amazed
watched Starlink launch & landing
the video feed was on all way from over 100 km out down to leg deploy on drone ship and landing
it was going 8,000 clicks and slowed to 0.0 for touchdown
edit:
what was even more intriguing
it was going ~8,000 kph
first burn slowed to ~5,500 then turned off
it _continued_ to slow as it descended on a pillow of hot compressed air until landing burn for final stop

you could read the name on the drone

HODL

Last edited: