Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my latest foray into educating a non TSLA follower. (note the snippet below is a link and you'll see my replies if you follow).

we got into the weeds with month to month sales and china making more than they could sell locally being a bad thing somehow.

maybe I could have been nicer about it, just didn't feel like typing out a long response as he added more fud.

I ended on one thought, set a reminder to look back at this in 1 year when Tesla is pumping out 2-3x as many cars will their sales be up or down at that point?
Not seeing it on that link. Does that mean I'm blocked? I'm not a smart Twitter guy.

(Edit - deleted OT part.)

Last edited:
When this all is good news, then i ask you:

5bthcm.jpg

;)
(I think i have to 1up my meme-game.. ;) )

I’ll take what is likely a contrarian take here: the “stock price is too high” tweet seems to fly in the face of the agreement tesla/musk & SEC made, and we should all be happy that the SEC chose to not proceed further with any sort of enforcement action and didn’t make their frustration public, and instead handled the matter privately with Tesla & Musk.
This particular tweet was before Tesla announced the stock split. He meant this quite literally: the stock price was too high for the retail investor with limited funds, too expensive to buy a single share.

This particular tweet was before Tesla announced the stock split. He meant this quite literally: the stock price was too high for the retail investor with limited funds, too expensive to buy a single share.
I think there maybe some double meaning but Musk has doubled down saying stock price is too high even after the split...and referred back to this tweet conveying the meaning of overvalued and not literal.

Last edited:
Yes. WSJ story said this is a nothing burger
(The feud appears to have ended in a stalemate without further consequence to Tesla or Musk, the correspondence suggests. Tesla’s lawyers argued against the SEC’s claims about the tweets, and the SEC never went back to court to ask a judge to intervene.)
Most media outlets will leave that part out, of course.
I had this argument with some low IQ haters yesterday. I was accused of just reading the headline, but then I got to roast the guy for his lack of understanding that the SEC can't decide it's a violation themselves. They have to go to court for that part.

What's the consensus on TSLA opening SCs up to other manufacturers? Would explain the rationale behind TSLA restaurants.

at some point relatively recently (a couple earnings calls ago maybe?), Elon reiterated that Tesla is totally open to any other manufacturer using their Supercharger network, and all Tesla asks is that the other manufacturer pay for the proportion of electricity that their cars consume. No takers so far.

Headline this morning about Tesla buying $1B/yr of raw materials from Australia (for batteries). I was too scared to click the headline for particulars; might have been about the SEC and Elon’s tweet from 8 years ago.

Also a headline about Tesla recalling 6,000 3s and Ys. Didn’t click that headline either because for sure it wasn’t about something that would put a smile on my face. If mine is one of the 3s, I’ll just wait for my car APP to tell me.

Looks like it'll be another slow SP day.

I'm really upset I lost one of the caps that goes on the tire inflater. Tesla's should have a sensor to prevent this on their crappy cars. Or at least on the thousands of trucks that would carry non-lumbar control Tesla's over the Texas border. Discuss.

(I'm kidding @Right_Said_Fred !)
"Cop said there was nobody in the driver's seat. Musk deletes driver's lumbar support."