Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Intrado - 20 minutes ago: Lordstown Motors Corp. Announces It Has Received Notice of Delinquency for Late Filing

Excerpt:

LORDSTOWN, Ohio, June 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lordstown Motors Corp. (NASDAQ: RIDE) (“Lordstown” or the “Company”), announced today that it received an expected notice (the “Notice”) from the Listing Qualifications Department of The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC (“Nasdaq”) on May 28, 2021 stating that the Company is not in compliance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5250(c)(1) because it has not yet filed its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2021 (the “Q1 2021 Form 10-Q”) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”). The Notice has no immediate effect on the listing or trading of the Company’s common stock on the Nasdaq Capital Market.

Under the Nasdaq Listing Rules, the Company has 60 calendar days from the date it received the Notice, or until July 27, 2021, to file the Q1 2021 Form 10-Q with the SEC or submit a plan to regain compliance with the Nasdaq Listing Rules.

We plan to file the Q1 2021 Form 10-Q as soon as soon as possible within the timeline prescribed by Nasdaq.

We're gonna creep up to $695 for June 18th expiration, about where we were when blockbuster 1Q deliveries were announced. Now everyone will be doing backflips of joy just to get back there. Amazing work the MM's can do to reset the narrative and expectation. Perhaps that's actually part of their job.

You really think we'll be up at $695 in two weeks? I'm just hoping we get there by the end of the year! :p

Unwrapping a Roadster at the Model S Plaid unveil would be like showing up in a pink tuxedo for your daughters wedding: it'll get looks, but mostly works against the goal for the day. :p

All depends. To be honest past delivery events that I remember have been big yawn fests. It has been awhile since Tesla did any unveiling of any sort to drive buzz. Last was Cybertruck. Yes Battery Day was important, but remember how media covered it. They thought it was uneventful. So show the production versions of the products coming very soon. Remember it was like 6 months ago Elon said final design of Cybertruck will be unveiled in a couple months. It is time to hype it now that Ford showed cards.

Tesla does not need to pay Rob Maurer, he is already great PR and already gets paid for doing so. If they paid him things would change on his channel.
TSLA Brilliant!
But they could endorse "honest" contributors (classic media and youtube) and provide them with an internal contact to verify rumors, get comments on stories or open a backchannel to make Tesla aware of issues/topics before they hit mainstream.
It's a thin line to paid influences but maybe worthwhile.

I have an admission - I don't check these pages as frantically as I used to. I'm still in here several times/day though in case you get worried about me. But when retired and lucky enough for the share price to be well above my magic number I have found other interests too.

Still believe the current share price is hilariously low and would have bought more if I could find anything in my couch. But as it happens I don't even have a couch any more.

By this logic they never should have unveiled the roadster at all, or the Plaid +. Plaid + won't ship until late this year at the earliest. Does that mean Roadster has to wait until 2023?
No, but IMHO the Roadster should get it's own unveiling. The new Model S is a pretty good car from what I can understand and it does not need any help to get noticed. And by spacing the unveiling of TMS and Roadster out then Tesla gets two good events and not just one.

I don't expect next week to be anything more than Plaid Model S event.

However, speculation of possibilities:
The Model S and X line was down for a long time. Perhaps the roadster line was built in that same area during the time.

Also wondering if Tesla has improved the Plaid over the original specs and is intending to cancel the Plaid+ That would account for calling Plaid+ reservations and asking them to switch to Plaid, but being unable to give reasons for the call. It would also position the base Model S, the Plaid S, and the Roadster with more distinction between them. The Roadster unveiling had a time of less than 2 seconds for 0 to 60. The Plaid Model S now meets that goal. A Plaid+ may end up quicker than the original quoted base Roadster specs.

I don't expect next week to be anything more than Plaid Model S event.

However, speculation of possibilities:
The Model S and X line was down for a long time. Perhaps the roadster line was built in that same area during the time.

Also wondering if Tesla has improved the Plaid over the original specs and is intending to cancel the Plaid+ That would account for calling Plaid+ reservations and asking them to switch to Plaid, but being unable to give reasons for the call. It would also position the base Model S, the Plaid S, and the Roadster with more distinction between them. The Roadster unveiling had a time of less than 2 seconds for 0 to 60. The Plaid Model S now meets that goal. A Plaid+ may end up quicker than the original quoted base Roadster specs.

Those are my thoughts too re the event next week. I wonder if the Plaid+ just ends up being a track package with custom wheel/tires and software unlock vs being a physically different car. Take your Plaid now and get our + goodies next year once ready or something along those lines.

Ppl have no idea how close we are to a disaster

Taiwan, where most of these chips are made, almost ran out of water. Water which TSMC needs.

Now there is a typhoon that is expected to hit the middle part of Taiwan that will replenish the important reservoirs that provides water to manufacturers, which is why the government didn't give the order to restrict water.

Let's all pray that this one doesn't decide to change course at the last second like all the typhoons in the past year.

Another potential problem now that covid has broken through taiwan's defenses. We are starting to see some of the smaller chip manufacturers that employ a lot of cheap foreign labours shutdown from infection. Again, pray that no one at tsmc gets infected.

Manwhile vaccine manufacturers bow down to China's pressure and block vaccine shipment to Taiwan at the last second.

You guys see how ridiculous this situation is? Sure, in the long term, the shortage is a nothingburger, but if any of these incident goes the wrong way, we are looking at some major disruptions. .

Intrado - 20 minutes ago: Lordstown Motors Corp. Announces It Has Received Notice of Delinquency for Late Filing

Excerpt:

LORDSTOWN, Ohio, June 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lordstown Motors Corp. (NASDAQ: RIDE) (“Lordstown” or the “Company”), announced today that it received an expected notice (the “Notice”) from the Listing Qualifications Department of The Nasdaq Stock Market LLC (“Nasdaq”) on May 28, 2021 stating that the Company is not in compliance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5250(c)(1) because it has not yet filed its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2021 (the “Q1 2021 Form 10-Q”) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”). The Notice has no immediate effect on the listing or trading of the Company’s common stock on the Nasdaq Capital Market.

Under the Nasdaq Listing Rules, the Company has 60 calendar days from the date it received the Notice, or until July 27, 2021, to file the Q1 2021 Form 10-Q with the SEC or submit a plan to regain compliance with the Nasdaq Listing Rules.

We plan to file the Q1 2021 Form 10-Q as soon as soon as possible within the timeline prescribed by Nasdaq.
Lordstown Motors 1Q ER released May 24, 2021 doesn't look good. They need to raise more capital; expenses higher than anticipated; 2021 sales projection halved; expect to have $50-75 million in cash EOY after cost reductions and delayed investments; start of production late September but they plan to begin equipment installation for their motor hub line only in July.

Excerpt:

Red flags galore if you ask me.....Whatever happened to the 100k pre sold pickups?

Lordstown Motors 1Q ER released May 24, 2021 doesn't look good. They need to raise more capital; expenses higher than anticipated; 2021 sales projection halved; expect to have $50-75 million in cash EOY after cost reductions and delayed investments; start of production late September but they plan to begin equipment installation for their motor hub line only in July.
So prototype easy ...production at scale hard.

I heard that somewhere.

Goin into the weekend like.....

1622841707989.png

But....$F is at a 6 year high....makes complete sense :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ppl have no idea how close we are to a disaster

Taiwan, where most of these chips are made, almost ran out of water. Water which TSMC needs.

Now there is a typhoon that is expected to hit the middle part of Taiwan that will replenish the important reservoirs that provides water to manufacturers, which is why the government didn't give the order to restrict water.

Let's all pray that this one doesn't decide to change course at the last second like all the typhoons in the past year.

Another potential problem now that covid has broken through taiwan's defenses. We are starting to see some of the smaller chip manufacturers that employ a lot of cheap foreign labours shutdown from infection. Again, pray that no one at tsmc gets infected.

Manwhile vaccine manufacturers bow down to China's pressure and block vaccine shipment to Taiwan at the last second.

You guys see how ridiculous this situation is? Sure, in the long term, the shortage is a nothingburger, but if any of these incident goes the wrong way, we are looking at some major disruptions. .

It's only the Flu bro ;)

I heard different Govt's tried different tactics to get their share of chips. The US has a surplus of vaccines now :)