Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how the entire argument by the lawyer is thrown out by what has already been reported. You'd think he at least checked to see what information was already out before making the tweet to not be exposed so quickly

To be fair it's not like initial reporting on Tesla car fires tends to be very accurate either :)

Remember the "burned for hours and hours and we are sure nobody was in the drivers seat" reports from Texas? None of which ended up being true?

The media is definitely steering clear of this fire story right now. I don't see any headlines on ThinkorSwim. I think the government focus on EVs is deflecting a lot of potential FUD. Sails to the wind.
They need time.

An effective FUD campaign can't be thrown together on the spur of the moment.

Essentially
/s

I am afraid that this is not a case of shrewd political manoeuvring. Instead, everything points to Biden and a large part of the left genuinely being idiots, intrinsically hating Tesla and Musk, and loving unions and legacy trash. Plus genuine corruption in the government - as the Greenpeace "interview" yesterday with the White House Exxon lobbyist proved - as a result of which EVs have been explicitly thrown out of the new reconstruction bill.

These are not the good guys you are looking for....
Partially true, but it also is based on the vehicles purchased by the GSA. That's the reason the two ladies are driving in a Bolt. And honestly, that's fine with me as they're still replacing ICE vehicles. Tesla probably wants to sell all they make to the public anyway as there is more profit in it. GSA can negotiate quite a discount based on volume.

Reactions: mars_or_bust
A follow-up to my earlier post on USA Supercharger metrics, here is the data for Europe.
Disclaimer: data was pulled from supercharge.info which is not official data from Tesla.
Also note that three new locations (26 stalls) were reported today, the first day in Q3.

New locations per quarter (new record)
1625168578472.png

New stalls per quarter (new record)
1625168741531.png

Thought about grabbing some $695c for tomorrow and collect free money when MM caps @ $699 at 9:36am. The premiums were absurd! Perhaps a good sign.

F that nonsense, I'm just gonna be a spectator I guess.
Yeah, sitting this one out. Curious to see how this will play out.

@GrandEnigma Are you only talking about weeklies and not s much LEAPS? Or is tomorrow likewise probably a good day to buy LEAPS?
Weeklies expiring tomorrow

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Thought about grabbing some $695c for tomorrow and collect free money when MM caps @ $699 at 9:36am. The premiums were absurd! Perhaps a good sign.

F that nonsense, I'm just gonna be a spectator I guess.

About 10 minutes before close I took some profit from my last trade and bought 20 $700 calls expiring tomorrow. Almost immediately after I bought them they went up 30%. I decided to just take the guaranteed win and sold them at close.

Good morning, Porsche.

Porsche Readies Global Taycan EV Recall to Fix Software Issue​

Earlier this year, some Porsche drivers complained about the Taycan, which is powered by an 800-volt battery, suddenly stalling. In a filing on May 17, the NHTSA described the problem as “loss of motive power while in motion at any speed.”

Every car.
Requires trip to the dealership.
So, since FUD is indirectly proportional to advertising spend, Porsche spends enough that this will only be a flesh wound, right?