Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT: another Yoke video, this guy makes it looks so easy:

I ended up checking out his YouTube channel and watching the Model S exterior overview video. Geez, the way the sunlight hits just makes the car look so good in ways the Tesla website doesn’t. And it already looks damn good on the site as it is. I pretty much had my breath taken away.

How’s THAT for OTA updates.

15021CD0-FDC7-4DB8-924C-63BEBC015DE6.jpeg

Or the chinese government told them to be in it to win it and that they would have support if they showed potential.
Or their order books doesn't allow them to sustain cars that cost 40k once they start ramping up unlike Tesla because Tesla not only have a more prestigious brand, but also its international. Xpeng wouldn't be exporting car until later, and foreign acceptance of Chinese branded cars is unknown.

Honestly the Chinese government doesn't have the time to secretly have all these under the table deals with the 150+ ev companies. Everything anyone does in China isn't because the CCP is somehow involved.

For anyone thinking about market crashes, I found Mark Spitznagels book The Dao of Capital very interesting. The last few chapters lay out a pretty specific strategy on how to take advantage of macro volatility without trying to time anything.
For people finding reasons why there will not be a crash I would recommend reading Nassim Talebs books on randomness, risk, and probability.

Or their order books doesn't allow them to sustain cars that cost 40k once they start ramping up unlike Tesla because Tesla not only have a more prestigious brand, but also its international. Xpeng wouldn't be exporting car until later, and foreign acceptance of Chinese branded cars is unknown.

Honestly the Chinese government doesn't have the time to secretly have all these under the table deals with the 150+ ev companies. Everything anyone does in China isn't because the CCP is somehow involved.
I will admit that there's a lot of hysteria about the CCP. But I do think the success of the battery and BEV industry is of key interest to the CCP. I'll never forget walking through the Guangzhou Airport what must have been 5 years ago and seeing an Xpeng ad in the hallway at security that made me do a double take because I thought it was Tesla. Ya, Americans are overzealous about the Chinese government. But the BEVs and batteries is the gold rush, oil boom, invention of the steam engine. Im frankly less concerned about what I perceive to be the CCPs active interest than I am at the lack of interest by the American government. I think to assume the Chinese government has no interest in Xpeng is silly. But I also don't think its a blank check situation, CCP wont be backing losers.

Guess Xpeng is in it to not make money. P5 starting at 160k Yuan or 24.7k dollars for their 460km version base model.

Full range FWD only, and 0-60 in 7.5 sec, torsion beam suspension, only top trims will have xpilot.

Not a Tesla competition in any meaningful anyway, not even to the future 25k model. It would find its own market but mainly the lower end, if your budget is higher than 200k RMB, Model Y SR is a no brainer. (Unless you work for gov and just can not buy foreign brands)

I would expect 25k Tesla to be smaller in size but not being cheap to that level.

Elon said Tesla doesn’t build slow cars, that includes future models.

Xpeng have sold 300-ish of their G3 model in Norway. And the P7 model can be preordered.

I'm surprised it takes so long to load each trailer though, cars tricking on so slowly.... IMHO they're not loading with the kind of Tesla-Shanghai-efficiency I'd expect.
As long as the cars have to be driven manually to be loaded, the speed isn't going to change much. Even at the rate shown, there are always too many damages to cars during transit from the factory (mainly tires and alignment).

UK - EV demand huge, leasing companies are a way for manufacturers to bypass dealers. Tesla - send us your cars! Plan a van! Leasing companies will direct customers to available EVs

1626695361105.png

Tesla Sprinter-type van needed

1626695412778.png

This is key - company car BIK & salary sacrifice - £200 / month gross salary but only £100 less. Company cars will include insurance, maintenance etc. Less social security taxes for employer & employee

eg (depends on tax rates etc) £300/month PERSONAL (this will be taxed) car allowance gets you ICE, have to pay own BUSINESS insurance, maintenance (risk). Take company car, lose £300 month gross pay (£150-180 after tax & social) + £200 pre-taxed = £500/month gets Tesla insured, maintained (tyres) and you've only lost around £250-280 after tax salary for a fantastic car, insured & maintained. Company should also be providing charger for you. Company gets happier employee, better car, social (NI) savings on salary (£55/month?)

1626695560461.png

Further info/examples:- Tesla As a Company Car

must be factoring in good resale values
Tesla Model 3 Lease deals from £378pm (£378 SR+ £456/month M3LR)
Select car leasing is £370/month for SR+

Last edited: