Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1628608832895.png

You could eat off this floor at 705.

Sandy has been predicting the coming of an EV dawn for a few years, long before anyone else in Detroit-he has personally lost clients because of this. Your attack on his character and motives are a low and ill conceived attack on one of the most influential and unbiased proponents of the EV revolution .

Might I suggest that you go watch 20-30 of his engineering videos and then go tip your cashier. Oh and maybe buy a bumper sticker to help him breakdown a plaid.
Sorry if I didn't express myself clearly - I did watch all of his YouTube videos years ago right when he started his masterful tear down of the M3.
I did not intend to impugn his character, hah ha - was just playing armchair psychologist, and it is no attack on his character to suggest he is not a great investor/ trader either in general or wrt to TSLA. So few can claim to be, both good at "standard" trading *and* investing in TSLA - many very good financial types have failed to understand how to invest/ trade TSLA. (and I'm not claiming being any better than the average TMC bloke here)

As mentioned before, Sandy could have put his investment in a blind trust, ARKK/ Baron's fund or have a determined investment plan - like Tesla officials, so there is no issues re insider /knowledge. Tho in the case of Tesla he's been clear many times that he never was given inside information even under NDA, by Tesla.

Now do Amazon and you get a sense of where we are headed

Precisely. They are on track to beat 100k Q3 out of Shanghai. That’s the real story.

To quote @The Accountant who Quoted another forum member… Bullish AF
Amazon needs some Strong Buys... when Tesla gets this kind of rating, Warren, Steven, Gali et al will be quietly pleased, I'm sure.

1628609620602.png

Thank you and always well presented. Question do we know if any of the China production in July were the new lower priced Ys and 3s?
I believe that the Model Y SR was not going into production at Shanghai until August. So there should be no Model Y SR from Shanghai in the July numbers.
There was a price cut on the Model 3 SR+ and I would assume some portion of the 2,397 Model 3 units sold locally to be SR+.

I'm really surprised TSLA isn't tanking on the China numbers - it's almost as if the market is developing some sort of ability to reason and understand Tesla. That's obviously not true but it's fun to imagine.
Because like I said, Tesla now deemed Shanghai as the export hub. So that means production numbers are way more important than local deliveries, especially when chip shortages is on everyone's mind. These numbers provide color into Teslas production not skipping a beat, and have surpassed first of the month numbers of any Q from Shanghai.

It's only fitting that a bill that should eventually lead to a resumption of EV tax credits for Tesla passes with 69 votes
I agree with this, but just to clarify... the EV tax credit is not part of this bill. It will be in the larger bill that will most likely pass through reconciliation.

Nice mid-day pop! Perhaps due to senate vote on infrastructure bill?

Being a HODLer, I don't pay too much attention to technical analysis. But the guy on The Stock Channel has been talking about closing above resistance at $715 being the next technical catalyst to take us to $760+ in short order. Keeping fingers crossed for that to happen today.

I posted this comment directly to "Off-Topic Galore" on July 7th, but it didn't receive many views then. With both the IPCC 6th Climate Assessment report and Tesla's 2020 Impact report out on the same day, I think it's proper to repost that comment here in "Main": (please feel free to reply in OTG if you feel that's more appropriate). Thank-you.

OTG

Real-world impacts of climate change:

As I was driving home from the gym on Sat. evening, I came across a man lying in the street. Realizing he was in distress, I stopped the car to render assistance. The man was delirious, sweating profusely, and foaming at the mouth. I've seen cases of heat stroke before in my Army career, but this was extreme. I provided water, but the man was unable to co-ordinate a successful swallow of the liquid. Another passerby stopped to help, and we called emergency services. Unfortunately, too late.

This was NOT during the height of the Canadian heat wave: this was more than 2 days after the peak heat was reached (matching a 60-year record for intensity, and surpassing a 85-yr record for duration).

In the lower mainland of BC, in the week ending July 5th, 777 sudden deaths were reported, and increase from the previous 10-yr avg of >200 during the same length of time. That's a 300% increase in this one event.

You may have heard that the villiage of Lytton, BC set the all-time Canadian record high temperature on 3 successive days last week, peaking at 49.6°C (121.3°F) last Tue, June 29. What you may not have heard is that, two days later, the entire town burned to the ground in a wild fire. 90% of homes and businesses are gone. Residents had less than 20 min notice to evacuate.

And terrible as they are, these events are occurring more and more frequently. There is a 500-year flood every 10 years now. Where I live, we have had both the coldest temperature ever measures since records began (140 yrs), and we have tied for the hottest temperature record, all within a span of 5 mths.

Climate change is compounding the energy present in the climate system. This results in higher highs, lower lows, drier drys, and wetter wets. Then, there's the fires, hurricanes and rising sea levels. Renewable energy can not stop this tide, this stearmroller of climate inertia, but we can fight to prevent the future from becoming unbearable. Some climate effects are baked in now, but time is running out to avoid catastrophe (and a lot of human suffering and misery).

Wall St. does not care. You however, should. Support Tesla. Fight FUD. Stand up for truth. Support climate action. Your grandchildren deserve a chance at a future that isn't wracked with societal upheaval and increasingly grim prospects. Elon is working for that future. Maybe you should too.

#ClimateChanged

Kind regards,
Lodger