Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think technoking is the title he’s going with. Elon won’t go for traditional title. From now on only “meme” titles. He evolved beyond traditional titles
Certainly trolling the SEC needs to remain a priority? I'd be ok with official title remaining Technoking, so long as we can also have a parade ceremony and recrowning as Chairman in the SEC parking lot.

Lots of short squeeze type stuff going on in the market recently. I know TSLA short interest is down quite a bit but that has to mess with the big guys. Plus the retailers will need somewhere to park those easy gains. -dime store TA

After-hrs vol yesterday was 6.49% of Pre-market + Main session. That's a huge volume for a non-Options closing day. Likely shortzes buying back their naked shortzes b4 they get bit in the ass... like today. :D

Cheers!

740 is someone's goal today.
1630506184691.png

results should be no surprise to any of us here ....looks to me like the MY should have been in third place ahead of Bolt , i3 and Niro... Bolt needs an * with recall underway

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Can you believe it: Bjorn managed to make a short video clip. :)

What's more important: he concluded that his 8 year old P85 degraded only 11% after 350.000 km (217.000 miles) on the ODO.
This is consistent with my own 2013 P85. It proves how excellent the battery and batterymanagement of Tesla are.
This is one of the things I always communicate with people about Tesla to possible future owners of the car as well as of TSLA stock.
It surely helps that we not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk.

That car had a battery replacement at 86,000 km so it doesn't have 350,000 km on the battery, more like 264,000 (163,000 miles). Still very good, but not as good as indicated by the odometer.

Couple thoughts from a recent 1240 mile road trip in our LR Model Y.

3) I was able to pack enough stuff for our family of 5, including a bob stroller, cooler, and several boxes of toys, dry goods, booze, and a pack and play pretty easily in the Model LR Y 7 seater. It is quite impressive how much stuff that car holds even w/ the 3rd row with one kid in it. We had debated bringing our bikes and I am glad we didnt. Before the Cybertruck comes, Tesla needs to figure out how to upgrade the super chargers to allow towed items or bicycles. The network just doesnt make it easy to do that without screwing other people right now.
Just got back from a 1000 mile road trip in the Model Y 7 seater, with 2 adult and 2 kid bikes on this rack: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00PXNC7K0/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NR09V1K73FWA7M60X9KV

We were able to back in to every supercharger with a few inches to spare. Only trailers or bigger 4-bike racks would have a problem.

Overall the Y did great. We did face a ~40mph headwind on the way home that pushed our consumption up close to 500Wh/mi, and required an extra 5m charging stop we hadn't expected.

Autopilot handled everything great, even the gusty winds. Hard to imagine road tripping in a non-Tesla car at this point.

Reactions: scaesare
Are you guys getting that hwy cruise penalty? Mine is about 5% from a LR RWD from 2018 and I have ran multiple 240 miles round trips @ 75mph.
My M3P with 20s can get about 205-215 if I use the whole pack at 80-82mph. If I swap to my winter 18s, I can push it to maybe 225. With growth of convenient superchargers in my area, I rarely attempt that anymore. Only really at the start of a longer trip. If it is just a ~200mi day trip, I'd rather not charge all the way up. Instead just stop for 5 minutes at a supercharger.

@jhm, I don't get the image you posted of a Boeing 737. Did you mean to post this instead?
Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 11.12.28 AM.png

Guys, Tesla is currently producing just 1% of the global auto output, and generating >50% of all media attention. Can you image what it is going to be like when Tesla is producing 5%, 10%, 15% of all global auto output? It will be insane.